Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Athens, AL
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Athens for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 90 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Athens can cater to your needs.
Top 8 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Athens, AL
Stateline Medical LLC
26928 Main St, Ardmore, AL 35739The addiction treatment center receives high praise for their professionalism, compassionate staff, and dedication to making a difference in people's lives. Reviewers appreciate the welcoming environment and the positive impact the center has had on their loved ones. The doctors and counselors at the center are highly recommended, with several reviewers expressing gratitude for the positive changes they have experienced.
- Professional and compassionate staff: Reviewers praise the staff for their professionalism, kindness, and compassion. They highlight the positive impact that the staff has had on their lives and the dedication they have in making a difference.
- Supportive and welcoming environment: Multiple reviewers mention feeling welcome and comfortable in this addiction treatment center. They describe it as having a family-like atmosphere and express positive sentiments about the clinic.
- Dedicated doctors and counselors: Reviewers appreciate the dedication of the doctors and counselors at this center. They mention that they take the time to understand and address individual needs, and are committed to changing and saving lives.
1005 Market St W STE 8, Athens, AL 35611Positive reviews highlight the caring and helpful staff at the addiction treatment center. They go above and beyond to assist with various needs, including billing and medication. The program is praised for its ability to positively transform lives, with clients reporting improved careers and stronger connections with their faith. Politeness, respect, and efficiency are also mentioned as positive aspects of the center's services.
- The staff at this addiction treatment center goes above and beyond to help patients and genuinely care about their health and recovery.
- The center provides a Suboxone program that takes insurance, treats patients with respect, and allows them to progress at their own pace.
Bradford Health Services
1600 Browns Ferry Rd, Madison, AL 35758Positive reviews highlight the caring and compassionate staff, clean facilities, effective treatment programs, and the opportunity to learn and grow in recovery. Patients mention feeling supported, making connections with others in similar situations, and gaining valuable tools for long-term sobriety. The food is also praised in some reviews.
- The staff at Bradford of Madison is described as compassionate, caring, and understanding. They go the extra mile, provide excellent care, and help patients mend relationships with family members.
- The program at Bradford of Madison is structured, with a schedule, group meetings, counseling, 12-step meetings, adventure-based counseling, and relapse prevention plans. Patients also receive medication-assisted treatment.
- The facility is described as clean, courteous, and professional, with great food. The atmosphere is positive, and patients are able to meet like-minded individuals and make great sober friends.
582 Shields Rd, Huntsville, AL 35811Many people have experienced life-changing transformations at His Way recovery center, feeling loved and cared for during their time in the program. The center focuses on guiding men towards a better way of living through Christ. A recent graduate of the six-month program reports continued success in staying clean and sober.
- The center focuses on providing love and care to their residents, creating a supportive environment for recovery.
- The program is centered around finding a better way of living through a relationship with Christ, giving residents a spiritual foundation for their sobriety.
- Graduates of the program have successfully maintained their sobriety, indicating the effectiveness of the six-month program.
3322 S Memorial Pkwy, Huntsville, AL 35801The addiction treatment center has a nice office and friendly volunteers. The center offers daily meetings and a welcoming atmosphere where individuals can openly share their experiences without feeling judged. The reviewer highly recommends the center for its varied meeting formats and the sense of acceptance and love that they experienced during their time there.
- Convenient and centralized location for daily meetings, eliminating the need to find multiple meeting locations.
- Varied meeting formats and topics, including studying literature and listening to open talks.
- Warm and welcoming environment, where individuals feel accepted and comfortable sharing openly about their experiences.
Resurgence Tennessee Alcohol & Drug Rehab
201 William D Jones Blvd, Fayetteville, TN 37334The positive reviews for this addiction treatment center highlight the great staff who are described as caring and helpful in assisting with recovery.
- Great staff: Many reviewers appreciate the caring and supportive staff at the addiction treatment center.
- Caring atmosphere: The center seems to provide a supportive and caring environment for individuals seeking substance abuse rehabilitation.
251 Water St, Pulaski, TN 38478The addiction treatment center received numerous positive reviews from former patients and their families. They consistently praised the center for its knowledgeable and caring staff who provided individualized treatment plans tailored to their unique needs. Patients also appreciated the comfortable and clean facilities, which created a peaceful and supportive environment for their recovery journey.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the addiction treatment center having a team of highly professional and knowledgeable staff members. This is crucial for providing effective and evidence-based treatment for substance abuse.
- Comprehensive treatment approach: Many reviewers appreciate the addiction treatment center's comprehensive approach towards treatment. This includes a combination of therapy, counseling, support groups, and holistic activities, ensuring that patients receive well-rounded care for their addiction recovery journey.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started