Methadone Treatment Centers Near Bessemer, AL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2359 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Bessemer. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Bessemer, AL
AppleGate Recovery Birmingham
120 Oxmoor Blvd #180, Birmingham, AL 35209The majority of reviews for The Fritz Clinic are extremely positive, with patients praising the caring and compassionate staff who go above and beyond to help them. Reviewers consistently mention the quick service, with many being in and out of appointments in less than 45 minutes. The doctors are highly regarded for their understanding and non-judgmental approach to treatment.
- Friendly and understanding staff: The staff at The Fritz Clinic is described as nice, amazing, and caring. They are known to be understanding and compassionate towards the patients, creating a positive and supportive environment.
- Quick service and short wait times: Many reviewers mentioned that they were in and out of the clinic in a short amount of time, with wait times ranging from 20 to 45 minutes. The efficient service allows for convenient appointments and minimal waiting.
- Non-judgmental and supportive environment: The doctors and staff at The Fritz Clinic are commended for not judging patients based on their past and being understanding about their situation. The clinic provides a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for individuals seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
Birmingham Metro Treatment Center
151 Industrial Dr, Birmingham, AL 35211The majority of reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive, with many stating that the treatment saved their lives and the staff is helpful and caring. There are some mentions of long wait times and issues with other patients causing problems, but overall, the center is praised for its effectiveness in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction.
- Helpful and supportive staff who genuinely care about the patients
- Flexibility and willingness to work around the needs of the patients
- Fast and efficient service, with improved speed and convenience through the use of a new app
3108 6th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233The MedPlex Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Reviewers appreciate the caring and respectful staff, quick appointment scheduling, and the positive impact the center has had on their lives. Many reviewers specifically mention the excellent doctors and nurses at the center. Overall, the center is highly recommended for addiction treatment.
- The doctors and staff at MedPlex are highly respected and caring, providing excellent care and support.
- The center is efficient and allows for fast appointments with minimal waiting time.
- MedPlex is a cost-effective option for treatment, and they work with insurance providers to help cover the cost of medication.
Behavioral Health Group - Bessemer
4204 Edmonton Drive, Bessemer, AL 35022The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive, with several reviewers expressing gratitude for the helpful staff and effective treatment. Some reviewers mentioned changes in staff due to a buyout, but overall, the experience has been positive and life-changing for them. The center is considered friendly, with some standout staff members and counselors. While there are mentions of staff turnover and the need for a more time-efficient process, the general consensus is that it is a good place to get treatment.
- Friendly and supportive staff - Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, supportive, and helpful, with specific mentions of favorite counselors, nurses, and front desk staff.
- Positive and life-changing experiences - Many reviewers express gratitude for the treatment center and methadone program, stating that it has been instrumental in their recovery and life-saving. They recommend the center for those in need of addiction help.
- Low drama environment - Reviewers mention that the treatment center is mostly drama-free, especially if individuals stay focused on their own treatment and avoid getting involved with certain groups.
Focus Medical Group-Suboxone Based Treatment
1310 Alford Ave Suite 201, Birmingham, AL 35226This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the friendly and respectful staff, who are helpful and accommodating. The doctors are considered thorough and caring, and the overall atmosphere is welcoming and non-judgmental. The center is seen as a great place for a fresh start in overcoming addiction.
- Friendly and non-judgmental staff who treat patients with respect and care.
- Quick appointments and attentive doctors who listen to patients' concerns and questions.
- Affordable prices and a welcoming environment that makes it easy for individuals struggling with addiction to make a fresh start.
Renew Clinic – Bessemer
727 Memorial Dr, Bessemer, AL 35022The staff at the Methadone treatment center are consistently praised for their respect and willingness to listen to patients and provide personalized treatment plans. Patients appreciate that the staff are courteous and helpful, and that the clinic is enjoyable to visit. The medical team is highly regarded for their understanding of pain and their ability to improve lives. Overall, the center is highly recommended for addiction and other related issues.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is highly praised for their respectful and compassionate approach towards patients, treating them with respect and listening to their needs.
- The center offers person-centered treatment plans, demonstrating a willingness to work with individuals to find a pain relief solution that works best for them.
- The team of physicians at the center is described as unusually adept, understanding the reality of pain and offering effective treatment options to improve lives.
Renew Clinic – Birmingham
2868 Acton Rd, Birmingham, AL 35243The Renew Clinic is highly praised by reviewers for its caring and compassionate staff, specifically mentioning Dr. David Lee, Dr. Marella, and Dr. Austin. Patients appreciate the excellent care they receive for their pain and addiction issues, with many stating that their lives have changed for the better since starting treatment at the clinic. The staff is described as friendly, understanding, and efficient, and the clinic is considered convenient and discreet. Overall, reviewers highly recommend the Renew Clinic for its services.
- Doctors and Staff: The doctors at the Renew Clinic, such as Dr. David Lee and Dr. Marella, are highly praised for their care and patient-friendly manners. The staff is described as compassionate, friendly, and understanding.
- Effective Treatment: Many users have had positive experiences with the clinic's treatment methods, such as transitioning from more addictive medications to less addictive ones like Suboxone. The clinic is commended for providing effective pain management and helping patients function better without withdrawal effects.
- Convenient and Discrete: The Renew Clinic is described as being convenient and discrete, offering an efficient office and a comfortable environment for patients.
Huntsville Metro Treatment Center
2227 Drake Ave SW #19, Huntsville, AL 35805The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are mostly positive, with many praising the staff for being supportive and caring. The counselors are mentioned as being particularly helpful and understanding. Some reviews also mention that the center has affordable prices and offers great counseling classes. There are a few negative comments about the hours of operation and some staff members not being friendly, but overall, the center is recommended as a great place for opioid addiction treatment.
- The staff at the Huntsville Treatment Center is supportive and caring, providing a positive treatment experience.
- The counselors at this center go above and beyond to help patients with their opioid addiction, offering good advice and support.
- The clinic is dedicated to ensuring the well-being and safety of its patients, taking all measures necessary during the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Season Treatment Center – Tri County
5605 Clifford Cir, Birmingham, AL 35210The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with many patients expressing gratitude for the support they received and how it helped them turn their lives around. The staff is described as professional, understanding, and caring. However, one reviewer mentioned feeling limited in their progress due to personal issues. Overall, this clinic is praised for providing effective treatment and helping individuals overcome their addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as professional, understanding, and compassionate. They work hard to provide each client with a personalized and unique treatment plan.
- Patients feel respected, cared for, and treated with dignity. The counselors are described as caring, loving, and supportive. Patients feel like they are not just a number, but a whole person.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started