Methadone Treatment Centers Near Gardendale, AL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2024 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Gardendale. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Gardendale, AL
AppleGate Recovery Birmingham
120 Oxmoor Blvd #180, Birmingham, AL 35209The reviews of The Fritz Clinic, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. Patients praise the caring and understanding staff, as well as the compassionate doctors who take the time to listen and provide thorough care. Many reviewers credit The Fritz Clinic with saving their lives and express gratitude for the positive changes it has brought. However, there is one review mentioning a staff member named Justin who was rude to several people, and the high cost of the treatment is a minor concern for some. Overall, the clinic is highly recommended for its supportive environment and effective treatment.
- Friendly and understanding staff
- Caring and compassionate doctors
- Quick appointments and minimal waiting time
- Accommodating and accommodating staff
Birmingham Metro Treatment Center
151 Industrial Dr, Birmingham, AL 35211Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Patients appreciate the staff's willingness to help and the support they receive, praising the counselors for their understanding and dedication. Some reviewers mention that the center has improved with a new app and shorter wait times, although there were concerns about long lines in the past. Patients feel that the center has been instrumental in saving their lives and providing them with the help they needed.
- Helpful and caring staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this Methadone treatment center are attentive, supportive, and genuinely interested in helping patients stay clean and improve their lives.
- Patient-centered approach: Patients appreciate that this center works around their needs and schedules, rather than expecting them to conform to rigid procedures. This flexibility has been a positive experience for many.
- Life-saving treatment: Several reviewers specifically mentioned that this Methadone treatment has played a crucial role in saving their lives, providing them with the help and support they desperately needed to overcome their opioid addiction.
3108 6th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233The majority of the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive, with many reviewers expressing their gratitude for the caring and understanding doctors and staff. Patients appreciate the professionalism, cleanliness, and short wait times at the center. The center is also praised for providing affordable treatment options and helping patients navigate insurance coverage. Overall, the reviews highlight the effectiveness of the center in helping individuals overcome addiction and improve their lives.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the Methadone treatment center are kind, respectful, and understanding. Patients feel supported and valued throughout their treatment.
- Quick appointments and minimal wait times: Many reviewers express satisfaction with the efficiency of the center, mentioning that they were able to get appointments within a short timeframe and were not kept waiting for long periods. This suggests that the center is organized and values the time of their patients.
- Helpful and dedicated doctors: Several reviews highlight the compassion and dedication of the doctors at the center. Patients feel that they have found a doctor they can trust and who genuinely cares about their well-being.
New Season Treatment Center – Tri County
5605 Clifford Cir, Birmingham, AL 35210The majority of the reviews are positive, with many patients expressing gratitude for the counselor's support and the clinic's resources. Some patients mention that they are on Methadone treatment for the long term while others have successfully detoxed. The staff is praised for their professionalism and compassion, and the center is recommended for those looking to overcome opioid addiction.
- The counselors at this Methadone treatment center are supportive, motivating, and believe in their patients' ability to recover.
- The staff is professional, understanding, and provides personalized treatment plans that suit individual needs.
- Many patients have reported that this treatment center has saved their lives and helped them get off drugs.
Focus Medical Group-Suboxone Based Treatment
1310 Alford Ave Suite 201, Birmingham, AL 35226Customers rave about the Methadone treatment center, describing it as a life-saving and family-friendly place with respectful and non-judgmental staff. They highlight the professionalism, courtesy, affordability, and attentiveness of the staff, as well as the caring and empathetic atmosphere. The doctors are praised for their thoroughness and willingness to listen, making the appointments efficient yet effective. Customers also appreciate the clean and cozy environment, which creates a welcoming and supportive space for recovery. Overall, the center is highly recommended and seen as a great place for a fresh start.
- Friendly and non-judgmental staff
- Quick visits and efficient service
- Affordable prices
Behavioral Health Group - Bessemer
4204 Edmonton Drive, Bessemer, AL 35022Overall, the Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews. Many reviewers express gratitude for the staff and their life-saving treatment. However, there have been some changes due to a recent buyout, resulting in the loss of good counselors. Nonetheless, the majority of reviewers have had positive experiences, praising the counselors and nurses for their support.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and supportive staff, including counselors, nurses, and front desk staff, making the overall experience positive and life-changing.
- Effective treatment: Several reviewers credit the methadone treatment and the clinic for saving their lives and helping them stay clean for multiple years. They mention the positive impact of the treatment and the program in their recovery journey.
- Supportive environment: Reviewers appreciate the drama-free environment and mention that if you stay focused on your own recovery and avoid getting involved in negative groups, the treatment center provides a safe and supportive space for treatment.
- Note: The provided pros are based on the reviews given and may not necessarily represent the entire experience of the treatment center.
MedMark Treatment Centers Oxford
118 Choccolocco St, Oxford, AL 36203Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are very positive. The staff is described as caring, respectful, and supportive. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and helping them on their journey to recovery. However, there is also a mention of some individuals using Methadone as a substitute for other drugs, rather than genuinely seeking to get clean.
- The staff is caring and respectful, making patients feel comfortable and supported in their recovery journey.
- The Methadone treatment program has proven effective for many, helping to change lives and save them from the dangers of opioid addiction.
- The clinic offers a great program with effective treatment methods that have helped patients on their journey to recovery.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started