Methadone Treatment Centers Near Opelika, AL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1068 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Opelika. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 6 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Opelika, AL
Dr. Richard Cunningham
1100 S College St #108-C, Auburn, AL 36830The Methadone treatment center and its staff, specifically Dr. Cunningham, are highly praised by multiple reviewers for their compassionate and caring approach to treating opioid addiction. The staff is described as amazing, supportive, and knowledgeable. Patients express gratitude for the positive impact the center has had on their lives and regret not finding them sooner. Overall, the center receives high recommendations and is seen as the best in the area.
- Highly caring and compassionate staff: Many reviewers praise the staff, specifically Dr. Cunningham, for their exceptional care and genuine concern for their patients' well-being.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctor: Dr. Cunningham is described as knowledgeable, professional, and having incredible insight into diagnosing patients' illnesses. Reviewers appreciate his thorough explanations and dedication to improving their health.
A Reprieve for Men - Long-Term Rehab from Bradford Health Services
401 S 9th St, Opelika, AL 36801The Methadone treatment center, The Reprieve, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from former residents. Many credit their sobriety and life transformation to the staff's dedication, support, and personal experience with addiction. The center is praised for its effective step work, strong sense of community, and lasting friendships formed during the program. Overall, The Reprieve is highly recommended for individuals struggling with addiction or alcoholism.
- Staff with personal recovery experience: The staff at The Reprieve are all in recovery themselves, providing a unique level of understanding and empathy for residents. They genuinely care about the well-being of the residents and offer support based on their own experiences.
- Life-changing experience: Multiple reviews highlight that The Reprieve has been a life-saving and life-changing experience for the individuals who have gone through the program. Residents have found God, built relationships, and transformed themselves into the person they always wanted to be.
- Strong community and lifelong friendships: Residents form lifelong friendships with both fellow residents and staff members at The Reprieve. This strong sense of community and support continues even after leaving the program, with many individuals staying connected and receiving ongoing support from the facility.
Birmingham Metro Treatment Center
151 Industrial Dr, Birmingham, AL 35211The Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews overall. Patients appreciate the supportive staff and counselors who are willing to help them on their journey to recovery. The center is commended for prioritizing patient needs and making efforts to improve the overall experience. Some drawbacks mentioned include long wait times and occasional issues with disruptive patients.
- Staff are ready and willing to help patients get to a comfortable dose of Methadone and work with them when they are ready to come off of it.
- The counselors are great and do their best to help patients, providing real help in real time.
- The staff is helpful, supportive, and dedicated to helping patients stay clean and improve their lives.
- The center works around the patients' needs and provides fast communication and quality treatment.
New Season Treatment Center – Tri County
5605 Clifford Cir, Birmingham, AL 35210The Methadone treatment center has received mostly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the counselors who push them to be honest and motivated about taking care of themselves. The staff is described as professional, caring, and understanding, providing personalized treatment plans. Overall, the center is seen as a place that has helped save lives and is recommended for those seeking to get off drugs.
- The clinic has a counselor who believes in and pushes patients to stay true to themselves and be honest about their struggles.
- The convenience of receiving take-home medication makes life at the clinic more convenient.
- The staff is professional, understanding, and provides compassionate treatment plans for each individual.
- Patients are treated with respect, dignity, and are made to feel like whole individuals, not just another number.
- The social workers and doctors provide great service and are always available.
- Guests have had positive experiences when dosing from different states.
BHG Bessemer Treatment Center
4204 Edmonton Drive, Bessemer, AL 35022Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Patients appreciate the life-saving and positive impact that Methadone and the clinic staff have had on their recovery. However, there have been recent changes due to a company buyout, resulting in the loss of some great counselors. The staff, nurses, and counselors are generally friendly and helpful, though there are mentions of some changes in staff and the need for more efficiency. Overall, patients feel that it is a good place to receive treatment.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, particularly mentioning specific individuals like Janice, Candy, and Kimberlie. This indicates that the staff is attentive and caring towards patients.
- Life-changing experience: Several reviews express gratitude towards the center and their treatment program, stating that the clinic has been instrumental in their recovery and has had a positive, life-changing impact.
- Good treatment facility: One review mentions that the center is a nice place for treatment, and another states that it is an amazing treatment facility. These comments suggest that the facility itself is well-maintained and provides a positive environment for recovery.
MedMark Treatment Centers Dothan
9283 US-84, Newton, AL 36352The Methadone treatment center in Dothan has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the personal attention and assistance provided by the staff, and the variety of group meetings offered. Many reviewers have highlighted the compassionate and caring nature of the employees, making the center a comfortable and non-judgmental environment. However, one reviewer expressed frustration with the inability to transfer as a patient, and another mentioned missing a previous counselor who had retired. Overall, the majority of reviewers highly recommend this treatment center.
- Personal and helpful guidance: The center provides personalized assistance, including transferring from other clinics, to ensure a smooth transition for patients.
- Compassionate and supportive staff: The staff members show genuine care, compassion, and wholeheartedness towards patients, providing a comfortable and non-judgmental environment.
- Efficient and caring professionals: The nurses and counselors are highly recommended for their dedication and support, with short wait times and a focus on the well-being of patients.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started