Methadone Treatment Centers Near Tuscaloosa, AL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1541 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Tuscaloosa. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Tuscaloosa, AL
Behavioral Health Group - Cullman
1912 Commerce Ave NW, Cullman, AL 35055The majority of the reviews praise the Methadone treatment center for saving lives and providing excellent staff support. However, one reviewer suggests considering Buprenorphine treatment for privacy concerns. Overall, the center is commended for being helpful, respectful, and a lifeline for those struggling with addiction.
- Life-saving treatment: Multiple reviewers praised the center for saving their lives and helping them overcome addiction.
- Supportive and caring staff: Reviewers mentioned that the staff was wonderful, caring, and always available when needed. Some reviewers even mentioned developing a positive relationship with their counselor.
- Respectful treatment: Several reviewers mentioned that everyone is treated with respect and that the staff does not judge. They appreciated the non-judgmental environment of the center.
Behavioral Health Group - Tuscaloosa
1001 Mimosa Park Rd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405The Methadone treatment center in Alabama received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who praised the staff, counselors, and the impact the center had on their lives. Many highlighted the compassionate and caring attitude of the staff, and one reviewer even mentioned that the center saved them from going to prison. Overall, the center is highly recommended for its life-saving services.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center are friendly and caring, providing a positive and supportive environment.
- Short wait times: According to one review, there are usually only 7 people or fewer in line, and sometimes even just 1-2, indicating that the center likely has efficient processes in place to minimize wait times for patients.
Mobile Metro Treatment Center
1924 Dauphin Island Pkwy, Mobile, AL 36605Overall, the Methadone treatment center is praised for its program and helpful staff, particularly the counselors. The center is seen as a lifesaver and a blessing for those struggling with opioid addiction. While there may be occasional issues with organization and turnover, as long as individuals follow the program and do what they're supposed to, there are no major problems.
- The Methadone treatment center has helpful and supportive staff who are knowledgeable about addiction and recovery.
- The center provides a supportive environment for those who want to get off street drugs and overcome opioid addiction.
- The treatment offered at the center is effective in saving lives and helping individuals maintain a normal life free from addiction.
Birmingham Metro Treatment Center
151 Industrial Dr, Birmingham, AL 35211The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with many patients expressing gratitude for the help they received and praising the staff and counselors for their support. Some reviewers mention long waiting times as a drawback but note that it has improved recently. Overall, the center is seen as a saving grace and a place that genuinely cares about the success of their patients.
- Staff are supportive and ready to help patients find a comfortable dose and transition off Methadone when ready.
- The counselors are great and dedicated to helping patients succeed in their recovery journey.
New Season Treatment Center – Tri County
5605 Clifford Cir, Birmingham, AL 35210Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are quite positive. Many reviewers mentioned that the counselors and staff were caring, understanding, and respectful, which created a supportive environment for their recovery. Some reviewers also highlighted the convenience of receiving take-home medications. However, there was a warning about the addictive nature of Methadone and the importance of researching before committing to treatment. Overall, the majority of reviewers expressed gratitude for the center's role in saving their lives.
- The counselors at this treatment center are highly supportive and push patients to be honest and true to themselves, ultimately leading to positive results.
- The center provides take-home medication, making the treatment more convenient for patients.
- The staff, including doctors, nurses, and counselors, is professional, understanding, and compassionate, ensuring that each client receives personalized and effective treatment.
- The center has a positive and respectful atmosphere, treating patients with dignity and respect, making them feel valued and cared for.
- The treatment center has helped individuals overcome their addiction and saved their lives.
MedMark Treatment Centers Dothan
9283 US-84, Newton, AL 36352The Methadone treatment center in Dothan has received rave reviews from multiple reviewers. Many have praised the staff for their compassion, professionalism, and personal attention to each patient, with one reviewer specifically mentioning the level of care as exceptional compared to other treatment centers. However, there was one negative review regarding difficulties in transferring as a patient, indicating a potential bureaucratic issue. Overall, the majority of reviews recommend the center and appreciate the caring and dedicated staff.
- Personalized and helpful staff: Reviewers praised the staff, mentioning a lady named Victoria who personally helped with the transfer process and the level of compassion and care provided by every staff member at the center.
- Various treatment options: The center offers both Methadone and Suboxone treatments, providing flexibility for individuals seeking drug or alcohol treatment.
- Supportive and non-judgmental environment: Reviewers mentioned feeling comfortable and supported in the center. They emphasized that staff do not judge individuals and create a caring and nurturing environment.
Bradford Health Services - Birmingham
300 Century Park S #100, Birmingham, AL 35226The Methadone treatment center receives positive feedback for being effective in helping individuals with opioid addiction, with one reviewer expressing that they were the first to successfully assist them. The center is also commended for its quality service, with one individual mentioning their positive experience as a teenager. The counseling services provided are described as excellent and professional.
- Effective in reaching patients: One reviewer mentioned that out of the many places and people they have tried, this Methadone treatment center was the first one to get through to them. This suggests that the center has a high success rate in helping patients overcome opioid addiction.
- Suitable for all age groups: Another reviewer mentioned that they received awesome service at this Methadone treatment center when they were only 14 years old. This indicates that the center caters to individuals of all age groups and provides appropriate care and support to young patients.
- Professional counseling: According to a review, the center offers excellent professional counseling. This suggests that patients can expect thorough and expert guidance throughout their treatment journey, helping them address the underlying causes of addiction and make lasting changes in their lives.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started