Suboxone Centers Near Bessemer, AL
Why trust us?
As a top-rated website for addiction recovery, Addiction Group understands the importance of finding a trustworthy and reputable addiction clinic. We’ve analyzed 63 clinics so that we can provide excellent recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating Suboxone addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1737 patient reviews to identify the best Suboxone clinic in Bessemer. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Bessemer, AL
AppleGate Recovery Birmingham
120 Oxmoor Blvd #180, Birmingham, AL 35209
The Fritz Clinic receives widespread acclaim for its compassionate, thorough treatment of opioid addiction. Patients credit the empathetic doctors and staff with saving lives through their caring, effective approach. Though one reviewer mentions an isolated negative staff interaction, most describe a welcoming environment with appointments available daily across multiple locations.
- Compassionate and understanding doctors: The doctors at the Suboxone treatment center are described as compassionate and empathetic, helping patients get and stay clean.
- Efficient and accommodating service: The staff at the center is praised for being amazing, friendly, and overly accommodating. Appointments are available every day at multiple locations, making it convenient for patients.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers express gratitude and credit the center for saving their lives and helping them turn their lives around. The doctors are described as caring and understanding, and the staff is praised for their patience and customer service.
Birmingham Metro Treatment Center
151 Industrial Dr, Birmingham, AL 35211
Overall, reviews for this Suboxone treatment center are positive, commending its patient care focus, flexibility around patients' needs, dedication of counselors, and success helping people overcome opioid addiction. The new app speeds up the process. Some mention long wait times.
- Fast and efficient with new app for quicker appointments.
- Great counselors who are dedicated to helping patients.
- Staff that genuinely care about patients' well-being and provide necessary support for recovery.
3108 6th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
The MedPlex Suboxone treatment center has received positive feedback for their caring staff, efficient service, and affordable prices. Patients say the center has helped save lives and improve wellness.
- Caring and respectful staff: Reviewers consistently mentioned that the staff at this Suboxone treatment center was caring, respectful, understanding, and treated them with respect. From the moment they walked in until they left, they felt welcomed and supported.
- Fast appointments and minimal wait times: Several reviewers mentioned that they were able to get appointments quickly, usually within a couple of days, and the longest wait time they experienced was one hour. This indicates that the center prioritizes efficiency and respects their patients' time.
- Effective treatment and positive outcomes: Multiple reviews mentioned that this Suboxone treatment center had a significant positive impact on their lives. Reviewers expressed gratitude for the center, believing that it had saved their lives, helped them overcome addiction, and even transformed their personal circumstances. They also mentioned feeling supported and cared for throughout their recovery journey.
Behavioral Health Group - Bessemer
4204 Edmonton Drive, Bessemer, AL 35022
The Suboxone treatment center has mixed reviews, with some positive mentions of helpful counselors and nurses. However, there is staff turnover due to a buyout. Despite changes, some express satisfaction with their treatment.
- Great counselors and nurses: Several reviews mention positive experiences with the counselors and nurses at the Suboxone treatment center. They are described as helpful, easy to talk to, and supportive.
- Friendly staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and helpful staff at the center. Specific staff members, such as Janice and Candy, are mentioned as being particularly outstanding.
- Supportive environment: Reviewers note that the center is a positive and supportive environment for recovery. The center is described as drama-free and the counselors are praised for doing an awesome job.
Focus Medical Group-Suboxone Based Treatment
1310 Alford Ave Suite 201, Birmingham, AL 35226
The Suboxone treatment center Focus Medical Group has received very positive reviews. Patients describe the staff as friendly, caring, and non-judgmental, creating a welcoming atmosphere. The doctors listen attentively and patients are grateful for the center's role in helping them recover.
- Friendly and empathetic staff: The staff at Focus Medical Group is described as friendly, loving, and caring. They interact with patients in a loving and hopeful manner, helping them feel supported and understood.
- Attentive and helpful doctors: The doctors at the center are described as thorough and attentive. They listen to patients' questions and concerns, ensure effective communication, and make sure both patient and doctor are on the same page.
- Affordable prices: The prices for Suboxone treatment at Focus Medical Group are described as typical and affordable. This can be a relief for individuals seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
Renew Clinic – Bessemer
727 Memorial Dr, Bessemer, AL 35022
The Suboxone treatment center is highly recommended for its courteous and helpful staff who treat patients with respect, listen, and develop individualized treatment plans. Overall, the center has consistently received positive reviews for its ability to help with addiction.
- The staff is highly praised for their respectful and person-centered approach to treatment, willing to develop individualized plans.
- Patients appreciate the easy and enjoyable experience of visiting the center, with friendly and courteous staff.
- The doctors and nurses are known for their attentiveness and taking the time to listen to patients' concerns and comments.
Renew Clinic – Birmingham
2868 Acton Rd, Birmingham, AL 35243
Renew Suboxone Clinic receives high praise from reviewers for their friendly, comfortable, and convenient clinic with positive doctor and staff experiences. The clinic offers effective opioid addiction and pain management treatment, with many reviewers grateful for the clinic's help improving their lives.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the Renew Suboxone Clinic is friendly, compassionate, and understanding towards patients, making them feel comfortable and supported.
- Effective treatment: Several reviewers express gratitude for the clinic's Suboxone treatment, stating that it has significantly improved their lives and helped them overcome addiction or manage chronic pain more effectively.
- Convenient and discreet: One reviewer specifically mentions that the Renew Clinic is convenient and discrete, indicating that the center prioritizes patient privacy and provides a convenient and accessible treatment experience.
1508 Hwy 78 E, Jasper, AL 35504
The Suboxone treatment center receives highly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring, non-judgmental staff who make them feel valued like family. Doctors earn praise for their compassionate bedside manner and personalized care. Many credit the center with transforming their lives through recovery support.
- Amazing bedside manners and caring staff: Both Dr. Chandler and Dr. Brunson, along with the entire staff, treat patients like they matter and provide validation for their feelings and concerns.
- Warm and friendly atmosphere: Patients feel like they are part of a family, with staff members greeting them with a smile and treating them like friends rather than just patients.
- Life-saving treatment: The Suboxone treatment provided at Medplex has helped individuals overcome opioid addiction, allowing them to regain control of their lives and experience happiness again.
What is Suboxone?
Healthcare providers commonly use suboxone to treat opioid addiction. It’s a combination medication of buprenorphine and naloxone.
The drug works by reducing cravings for opioids, which helps prevent withdrawal symptoms from occurring.
- Buprenorphine: An opioid partial agonist; it produces the same effects as opioids but in smaller doses.
- Naloxone: An opioid antagonist; it blocks the effects of opioid drugs.
You must take Suboxone under a healthcare professional’s supervision. Misuse of the drug can cause serious side effects and complications.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How to Take Suboxone
Healthcare providers typically administer suboxone as a sublingual film or tablet that dissolves under the tongue. They usually prescribe it as a part of comprehensive treatment in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies.
When taking Suboxone, following your doctor’s instructions carefully is essential.
Sublingual films and tablets should be placed under the tongue and allowed to dissolve completely—usually within 10 minutes. Swallowing the film may decrease its effectiveness.
How Long Do I Need to Take Suboxone?
The duration of Suboxone treatment will vary per individual. Treatment time may take longer or shorter, depending on the following:
- Your condition
- Response to treatment
- Other medications you may be taking
Your doctor will determine the best treatment plan suited to your needs. They will also conduct ongoing assessments to monitor your progress and adjust treatment as necessary.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Alternatives to Suboxone
Suboxone isn’t the only drug that can treat opioid addiction. Alternatives to Suboxone include:
Methadone is a long-acting opioid agonist. It binds to the same receptors in the brain as other opioids, like heroin and oxycodone. The drug helps reduce withdrawal symptoms and feelings of euphoria.
Naxeltrone is another popular alternative to Suboxone. The drug blocks the effects of opioids on the brain. It helps reduce cravings associated with opioid addiction.
Zubsolv is another brand name for a drug that combines buprenorphine and naloxone. Unlike Suboxone, this drug is available as a tablet.
You must dissolve the tablet in your mouth within 5 minutes. Some prefer Zubsolv over Suboxone because of its taste and ease of administration.
Precautions for Suboxone
Suboxone can cause severe problems if not taken correctly. As such, follow these precautions for the drug:
- Always take Suboxone under a doctor’s supervision.
- Never try to adjust your dosage (such as taking too little or too much) on your own.
- Keep up with all doctor appointments so they can monitor your progress.
- Be transparent about your medical history, as this can impact Suboxone’s effects on your body.
- Don’t drink alcohol and take other depressants while on Suboxone.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
- "Suboxone." Drugs.com
- "Buprenorphine." Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- "Naltrexone." Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- "Zubsolv vs Suboxone: What's the Difference?" Drugs.com.
- Velander JR. "Suboxone: Rationale, Science, Misconceptions." Ochsner J, 2018.6. Shulman M, Wai JM, Nunes EV. "Buprenorphine Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder: An Overview." CNS Drugs, 2019.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started