Methadone Treatment Centers Near Conway, AR
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1053 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Conway. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Conway, AR
BHG Medical Services Jonesboro
5510 Southwest Dr #8, Jonesboro, AR 72404The BHG methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from clients. Many reviewers praised the caring and friendly staff, noting that they are treated with respect and dignity. The center is credited with saving lives and helping individuals reclaim their lives from opioid addiction.
- Friendly and caring staff who treat patients with respect and dignity.
- Effective treatment that has helped many individuals recover from opioid addiction.
BHG Medical Services North Little Rock
4260 Stockton Dr # A, North Little Rock, AR 72117The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are extremely positive, with many saying that it saved their lives and praising the staff, counselors, and doctors. The center is also commended for accepting insurance, which is helpful. However, there is one negative review mentioning neglect from the staff in regards to a patient's photo ID card. Overall, the center seems to provide great care in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
- Excellent staff and doctors: Multiple reviews mention positive experiences with the front office staff, counselors, and doctors at the Methadone treatment center. Patients feel well-cared for and have formed positive relationships with the staff, specifically mentioning Dr. Maxwell, Sam, Dr. C, Maggie, Jeannie, and Dr. Snodgrass.
- Accepts insurance: This Methadone treatment center takes insurance, which is mentioned as a helpful factor by one of the reviewers. This can be beneficial for patients who have insurance coverage for their treatment and may not be common among other treatment centers.
- Lifesaving impact: Several reviews emphasize that this treatment center has saved their lives, indicating a positive impact on patients' recovery. This speaks to the effectiveness of the Methadone treatment program provided by the center.
BHG Medical Services Fayetteville
8 Colt Square Dr, Fayetteville, AR 72703The Stockton Clinic is highly praised by multiple reviewers for its effectiveness in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction. The staff is described as professional, friendly, and caring, creating a comfortable and supportive environment. Patients attribute their success in achieving sobriety and regaining their lives to the clinic's efficient and compassionate approach.
- Professional and friendly staff
- Helpful and caring environment
- Effective in getting patients clean and providing hope
1000 E Matthews Ave b, Jonesboro, AR 72401The reviews for Dr. Daniel Bennett's Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive, with many expressing gratitude for saving lives and restoring relationships. The staff is highly praised, and the center is considered top-notch, even in comparison to competitors. Overall, it seems to provide an excellent experience for those seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- Highly recommended doctor: Many reviewers praised Dr. Daniel Bennett for being instrumental in their recovery journey and saving their lives. This indicates his expertise and effectiveness as a Methadone treatment specialist.
- Strong staff support: Multiple reviews mention the excellent staff at the center, implying that they are helpful, attentive, and provide top-notch support to patients.
- Superior compared to competitors: One reviewer specifically mentions that the center is excellent even when compared to other treatment centers, suggesting that it stands out above other options and offers a higher-quality experience.
2112 W Huntsville Ave Ste. B, Springdale, AR 72762This Methadone treatment center in Northwest Arkansas has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the friendly and helpful staff, as well as their willingness to work with various insurance companies and Medicaid. The center is commended for recognizing the importance of addressing overall health issues and collaborating with patients' primary care providers. Many reviewers express their gratitude for the caring and non-judgmental atmosphere, stating that this center has truly made a positive impact on their recovery journey.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers consistently mention the positive and welcoming interactions with the employees at this Methadone treatment center. From setting appointments to seeing doctors and nursing staff, everyone is described as friendly and accommodating.
- Willingness to work with insurance: Unlike many other treatment centers, this center is praised for its willingness to file insurance claims, including Medicaid. This helps alleviate financial burdens on patients, allowing them to focus on their recovery.
- Comprehensive approach to recovery: The center is commended for their willingness to address other health issues and collaborate with primary care physicians. This approach recognizes that recovery requires addressing all aspects of a person's health.
- Supportive and non-judgmental environment: Reviewers appreciate feeling comfortable and not judged at this center. They highlight the importance of feeling safe and understood during such a vulnerable time, and commend the staff for being non-judgmental and caring.
- Genuine care for patients: Reviewers mention feeling cared for and valued at this center. They emphasize the staff's honesty, genuine concern, and willingness to listen, making them feel like someone truly cares about their well-being.
MedMark Treatment Centers Springdale
7255 Meeshow Dr A, Springdale, AR 72762This Methadone treatment center has been praised by multiple reviewers for its caring and supportive staff, who are dedicated to helping patients overcome addiction. The center offers various forms of counseling and support, including group meetings and one-on-one counseling. Reviewers believe that the center's treatment program, combined with cognitive therapy, has high success rates and is the best treatment option for addicts. There are strict guidelines in place, but many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and helping them regain control.
- The staff, including directors, counselors, doctors, and nurses, are compassionate, supportive, and dedicated to helping patients on their recovery journey.
- The clinic offers a variety of services, including group meetings, one-on-one counseling, and medication-assisted treatment (MAT), which has the highest success rates for addicts.
- Patients mention that the clinic has helped them turn their lives around, providing them with a new lease on life and the opportunity to live happier, healthier lives.
1100 Lexington Ave #400, Fort Smith, AR 72901The Methadone treatment center, Ideal Option, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who have struggled with opioid addiction. The staff is praised for being friendly, compassionate, and professional, and the doctors are highly regarded. Many patients credit Ideal Option for helping them get their lives back and express gratitude for the facility's support and care.
- The staff and doctors at the Methadone treatment center are caring, friendly, and understanding.
- The center offers Methadone treatment as a way to help alleviate pain and break the cycle of addiction.
- The facility has a short wait time and provides much-needed information to patients.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started