Methadone Treatment Centers Near Colorado Springs, CO
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 4002 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Colorado Springs. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 11 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Colorado Springs, CO
140 S Parkside Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80910The majority of the reviews praise the staff at the Methadone treatment center, specifically highlighting the therapists and peer coaches for their support and dedication to helping clients in their recovery journey. Clients appreciate the welcoming atmosphere and non-judgmental approach of the staff, as well as the abundance of resources available at the center. Some reviews also mention the effective counseling sessions, group therapy, and the compassionate and understanding nature of the counselors. However, one reviewer mentioned concerns about cleanliness and litter outside of the facility.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are highly praised for their helpfulness, compassion, and dedication to their clients' recovery journey. Reviewers specifically mention therapists, peer coaches, and counselors who go above and beyond to support their clients.
- The center offers a wide range of resources and services to support recovery goals, including individual therapy, group therapy, counseling, classes, and access to medication like Vivitrol. They also accept Medicaid, making treatment more accessible for individuals.
- Reviewers appreciate the welcoming and non-judgmental environment at the center, where they feel comfortable and supported. The staff is described as understanding, caring, and respectful, creating a positive and encouraging atmosphere for recovery.
Denver Recovery Group Colorado Springs
2531 Airport Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80910The Methadone treatment center, Denver Recovery Group (DRG), receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the welcoming and caring staff who go above and beyond to accommodate their needs, such as dosing patients on off days or providing access to other clinics. Reviewers commend the staff for treating them as individuals and not just numbers, offering support, respect, and dignity throughout their recovery journey. Overall, DRG is highly recommended for those seeking effective treatment for opioid addiction.
- Welcoming and caring staff: The staff at DRG is highly praised for their welcoming and caring attitude towards patients. They make patients feel valued and supported throughout their recovery journey.
- Clean and well-maintained facility: Patients appreciate the clean and well-maintained environment at DRG. It creates a positive and safe atmosphere for their treatment.
- Access to multiple clinics: DRG offers access to other clinics in Colorado that have later operating hours. This flexibility can be a convenient option for patients seeking treatment.
Front Range Clinic
1861 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO 80907The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is consistently praised for being caring, friendly, and treating patients with respect. Many reviewers mention that the clinic has been instrumental in helping them recover from addiction and that the level of care provided is exceptional. There is also appreciation for the clinic's flexibility in terms of payment and accommodating individual needs. Overall, the majority of patients highly recommend this clinic for anyone struggling with opioid addiction.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviewers mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center are kind, caring, and treat patients with respect and understanding.
- Personalized and professional care: Several reviews highlight the personalized and professional care received at this center. Patients feel that the staff genuinely have their best interests in mind and provide resources and support for their recovery journey.
- Accommodating and flexible: The center is described as accommodating and flexible, working with patients on payment plans and making them feel at ease, especially during times of crisis or when transitioning from another clinic.
Front Range Clinic
710 Hunter Dr, Pueblo, CO 81001The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and compassionate staff, who make them feel comfortable and supported in their journey to recovery. The center is highly praised for its non-judgmental approach to treatment, and patients credit it with saving their lives. Some reviewers mention that the clinic could improve their communication by answering phone calls in a timely manner. Overall, the center is highly recommended for anyone seeking effective and caring treatment for opioid addiction.
- Dedicated and caring staff: Multiple reviews highlight the amazing and compassionate staff at the Methadone treatment center, who make patients feel welcomed, cared for, and treated with respect and love.
- Non-judgmental and supportive environment: Patients appreciate that there is no pressure or judgment at this treatment center. The staff and doctors are understanding, non-judgmental, and focused on helping patients succeed in their recovery journey.
- Effective and life-saving treatment: Many reviews mention that the Methadone treatment program at this center has saved lives and helped patients achieve sobriety. The program is highly recommended for those who are serious about getting clean and staying clean.
Colorado Treatment Services
5360 N Academy Blvd Suite #290, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
The reviews for these methadone treatment options present a mixed bag of experiences. On the positive side, many reviewers praised the supportive staff, the effectiveness of the treatment program, and the success they achieved in their personal lives and relationships. They appreciated the kindness, respect, and dedication shown by the nurses, counselors, and other staff members. However, there were also negative experiences reported, including issues with confidentiality, unprofessional behavior, and drama among patients. Despite these issues, many reviewers expressed gratitude for the clinics, crediting them with saving their lives or the lives of their loved ones.
- The nurses are wonderful and caring, providing a positive experience for patients.
- The staff at the clinic, including the director, front desk staff, counselors, and medical staff, are compassionate and dedicated to helping patients on their recovery journey.
- The clinic provides a safe and supportive environment for patients, treating them with respect and providing resources to help them achieve long-term sobriety.
Denver Recovery Group
2822 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80206The reviewed Methadone treatment center has a high level of satisfaction among its clients. The staff is described as caring, supportive, and professional. The center is praised for its welcoming atmosphere, flexible payment options, and the ability to fit in clients on short notice. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking Methadone treatment for opioid addiction.
- The staff is caring and supportive, providing a welcoming and friendly environment.
- The clinic offers flexible payment options and affordable pricing, making it accessible for those seeking Methadone treatment.
- They have a variety of services available, including counseling, groups, and acupuncture, to support recovery and overall well-being.
Behavioral Health Group - Denver
5250 Leetsdale Dr STE 220, Denver, CO 80246The Methadone treatment center, BHG, receives mostly positive reviews from patients who credit the center with helping them turn their lives around. The staff is praised for being friendly and caring, with particular shoutouts to Sophia, Kim, and Audrey. However, there are some complaints about long wait times for doctor appointments and issues with insurance billing. Overall, BHG is considered a clean and safe environment with a variety of medication options.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are highly praised for their support and dedication to helping patients through the recovery process.
- The center has been successful in helping many people regain control of their lives and overcome opioid addiction.
- The clinic is praised for its cleanliness, safety, and variety of medication options.
Sandstone Care Detox Center
2102 University Park Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80918The reviews for Sandstone, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. Reviewers praised the amazing staff who are supportive, knowledgeable, caring, and respectful. The center is described as safe, comfortable, and clean, with a focus on the well-being of the patients. Many reviewers highly recommend Sandstone for detoxification and recovery, emphasizing the positive experiences and results they had during their stay.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are described as amazing, thoughtful, loving, caring, and respectful. They go above and beyond to ensure the safety, comfort, and well-being of the patients.
- The atmosphere at the center is clean, comfortable, and caring. Patients feel supported, welcomed, and comfortable throughout their treatment journey.
- The center offers a medically safe detox program with medication-assisted treatment. They provide thorough follow-up care and have a focus on academics, vocations, psychiatric care, individual therapy, group sessions, and family therapy.
Comprehensive Behavioral Health Center
2217 Champa St, Denver, CO 80205Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are highly positive. The staff are described as caring, knowledgeable, and professional. Clients appreciate the efficient operation of the clinic and the convenience of its location. The counselors and nurses are praised for their support and genuine concern for patients' well-being. Some reviews mention the presence of drug-seeking clients on the premises, but overall, the clinic is seen as a safe and welcoming space for recovery.
- The staff are amazing and treat their patients with respect, understanding, and compassion.
- The clinic is efficient, with quick assessments and same-day doctor appointments.
- Convenient location with parking and accessible hours.
- Friendly and caring counselors and nurses.
- The clinic operates efficiently and competently, with a focus on the safety and well-being of their patients.
- Staff show dedication and go above and beyond to help patients with their addiction recovery.
- The clinic provides a safe and supportive environment for recovery.
- Professional and caring staff who treat patients like individuals and take their concerns and goals seriously.
- The staff are quick, courteous, and not judgmental.
- The counselors and nurses are great and provide individualized care.
- No drama or drug dealing, with a focus on providing a safe and drama-free waiting room.
- Patients are treated fairly and professionally, making it a great place to get stable.
Denver Recovery Group Littleton
72 E Arapahoe Rd, Littleton, CO 80122The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Multiple reviewers express gratitude for the impact it has had on their lives and praise the caring and compassionate staff. The center is described as a fantastic place with a professional and helpful staff who genuinely care about the well-being of their patients.
- Dedicated and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention how the counselors and nurses at the center are dedicated to helping addicts recover and provide support throughout the treatment process.
- Life-saving impact: Several reviews highlight how the center has helped individuals overcome their opioid addiction and turn their lives around.
- Compassionate and understanding: Many reviews praise the staff for their empathy, compassion, and non-judgmental attitude towards patients, making them feel comfortable and supported during their recovery journey.
Behavioral Health Group - Westminster
8407 N Bryant St, Westminster, CO 80031Despite some occasional negative experiences, the majority of reviews praise the staff at the Methadone treatment center for their positive and professional attitudes. However, there is a specific mention of one staff member, Toni, who is accused of bullying and harassment. Overall, the center is said to be welcoming, efficient, and non-judgmental, making it a good option for those seeking help with recovery.
- Friendly and supportive staff, including Ian, dosing nurses, Kate, and Noreen.
- Quick and efficient service, with fast in-and-out times.
- Non-judgmental environment with a focus on helping individuals recover from opioid addiction.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started