Methadone Treatment Centers Near Northglenn, CO
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2678 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Northglenn. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Northglenn, CO
Behavioral Health Group - Denver
5250 Leetsdale Dr STE 220, Denver, CO 80246The Methadone treatment center has received mostly positive reviews from patients. Many appreciate the caring and supportive staff, including the counselors and nurses. However, some reviewers mention long wait times, particularly when waiting to see the doctor. Overall, the center is considered effective in helping patients overcome addiction and rebuild their lives.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are described as amazing, caring, and supportive. They are praised for their dedication in helping patients through the recovery process and providing a friendly environment.
- The center is commended for its effectiveness in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction through the use of Methadone. Patients have reported successful recoveries and getting their lives back on track.
- The clinic is described as clean, safe, and offering a variety of medication options, providing a comfortable and secure environment for treatment.
Behavioral Health Group - Westminster
8407 N Bryant St, Westminster, CO 80031Overall, the Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews for its staff and their dedication to helping patients. There are mentions of specific staff members, such as Ian, dosing nurses, Kate, and Noreen, who are described as kind, professional, and personable. However, there are also complaints about one staff member named Toni, who is accused of bullying and harassment. The center is praised for its fast and efficient service, non-judgmental approach, and emphasis on confidentiality.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center, particularly Ian and the dosing nurses, are praised for their positive attitude and dedication to helping patients overcome addiction.
- The center is commended for its non-judgmental and supportive staff, with specific mention of Kate and Noreen as professional yet friendly individuals who create a welcoming atmosphere.
- The clinic is efficient and respects patient confidentiality, ensuring quick visits and making patients feel comfortable and welcomed.
Colorado Medication Assisted Recovery (CMAR)
8800 Fox Dr STE 110, Thornton, CO 80260The reviews for CMAR, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. Patients express appreciation for the engaging and interesting programs, responsive and approachable staff, and the life-saving impact of the treatment. Many reviewers highly recommend CMAR for its patient-centered care and effectiveness in helping individuals overcome addiction. However, one negative review mentions concerns about billing practices, while the majority of reviews highlight the caring and knowledgeable staff.
- Engaging and Fun Programs: The center offers engaging and non-boring programs, including art/music therapy and movie sessions.
- Responsive and Approachable Staff: The staff is highly responsive and approachable, and they relate exceptionally well to their clients.
- Life-saving Treatment: The center's professional staff and programs have been described as life-saving and have helped individuals achieve long-term sobriety.
Front Range Clinic
11172 Huron St STE 20, Northglenn, CO 80234The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The staff is described as kind, non-judgmental, and professional, with specific praise for Patricia, Samantha, and a female doctor who works on Mondays. The clinic is commended for its cleanliness and the level of care provided, with many reviewers stating that it has been instrumental in saving their lives and helping them recover from opioid addiction. Overall, the consensus is that the center offers excellent service and support and is highly recommended.
- The staff is kind, non-judgmental, and truly here to help.
- No long lines or waiting times. The intake process is fairly painless.
- They have played a huge role in saving lives and provide excellent service.
Denver Recovery Group
2822 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80206This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. The staff is praised for their caring and supportive nature, with reviewers mentioning specific staff members who have made a significant impact on their recovery. The clinic is commended for its welcoming environment, flexible payment options, and extended hours, making it accessible to those with work schedules. Overall, reviewers express gratitude for the clinic's role in helping them achieve sobriety and improving their quality of life.
- The staff is very caring and supportive, making clients feel comfortable and at home.
- The clinic offers flexible payment options and affordable pricing, making it a great option for those seeking methadone treatment.
- The staff is highly professional and friendly, providing a welcoming and supportive environment for clients.
Comprehensive Behavioral Health Center
2217 Champa St, Denver, CO 80205The Methadone treatment center in downtown Denver has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. The staff are described as amazing, friendly, caring, and knowledgeable. The clinic is praised for its professionalism, efficiency, convenient location, and availability of parking. Many reviewers appreciate the personalized treatment, understanding, and support they receive from the counselors and doctors. The only negative comments mentioned a few instances of unprofessional behavior among some of the nursing staff and the presence of drug-seeking behaviors on the clinic's premises. However, overall, the clinic is highly recommended for those seeking effective treatment for opioid addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as amazing, friendly, and caring. They take the time to get to know patients and provide support through tough times.
- The clinic has convenient parking and hours, making it easy for patients to access treatment. The staff are professional and provide a safe and respectful environment.
- The counselors and staff are highly involved and truly care about the success of their patients. This clinic is recommended for anyone looking to make positive changes and receive support.
Denver Recovery Group West(outpatient)
5330 Manhattan Cir h, Boulder, CO 80303The staff at DRG West, a Methadone treatment center, are highly knowledgeable and understanding, with some being recovered addicts themselves. Patients appreciate the non-judgmental and supportive environment. Many reviewers mention specific staff members who are caring and helpful. Overall, the center is praised for its affordability, medical care, and positive experiences.
- Knowledgeable and empathetic staff: The staff at DRG West is knowledgeable and understanding, with many of them being recovered addicts themselves. They provide a non-judgmental environment and genuine desire to help patients stay sober.
- Capable and caring staff: The facility is commended for having excellent staff members like Anhtuan, Jessica, Jenna, Dr. Anna, Lisa, and Angela, who are described as loving, caring, and on top of things. They go above and beyond to manage patients' issues and provide efficient and helpful treatment.
- Positive and supportive environment: Patients appreciate the overall atmosphere of the center, which is described as comforting, non-judgmental, and family-like. The staff treats patients with respect, and there are "extra" services offered like a donation closet and acupuncture sessions.
BAART Programs Brighton
5 S 1st Ave, Brighton, CO 80601The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The staff members are described as amazing, sweet, professional, and caring. The center is praised for being non-judgmental and welcoming to people of all races, sexual preferences, and faiths. Overall, the center is highly recommended and seen as a wonderful resource for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as incredible, sweet, professional, and caring. Patients appreciate their support and guidance through the recovery process.
- The center is welcoming and non-judgmental, accepting individuals from all races, sexual preferences, and faiths. Patients feel comfortable and accepted in this environment.
- The clinic has a clean and friendly atmosphere. The dispensing nurses and front desk staff are praised for their friendliness and helpfulness.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started