Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Waterford, CT
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Waterford for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 405 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Waterford can cater to your needs.
Top 10 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Waterford, CT
Connecticut Addiction Medicine, LLC
4 Broadway, Norwich, CT 06360The positive reviews highlight the friendly and exceptional staff at the addiction treatment center. The doctors are praised for their support and guidance, and the receptionists are described as nice and accommodating. The counselors and therapy groups are also mentioned as helpful in maintaining sobriety. Overall, the center is commended for its supportive and caring staff.
- Friendly and supportive staff who treat patients like family.
- Helpful and accommodating receptionists who go the extra mile.
- Doctors and therapists who provide vital counseling for success in treatment.
Root Center for Advanced Recovery - Doctors Clinic
345 Main St, Hartford, CT 06106The reviews highlight that the doctors and nurses at this addiction treatment center are helpful, accommodating, and genuinely care about the patients' recovery. The positive reviews also mention that the environment is positive and beneficial for those who are committed to getting help for their addiction. Overall, people feel that this facility is a good place for recovery as long as individuals take their treatment seriously.
- Nurses and doctors are helpful, accommodating, and genuinely care about their patients' recovery.
- The environment is positive and supportive for those who truly want to be helped with their addiction.
- It has improved the lives of some individuals and helped them feel great and accomplished in their recovery journey.
Root Center for Advanced Recovery - Norwich Clinic
772 W Thames St, Norwich, CT 06360Positive reviews of the addiction treatment center praise the effectiveness of the medication treatment options, particularly methadone, in helping individuals recover from substance abuse. Patients credit the center with saving their lives and enabling them to remain sober for extended periods of time. Many reviewers also highlight the caring and supportive staff, including counselors and nurses, who play a crucial role in their recovery journeys.
- Offers medication treatment option: The addiction treatment center provides intensive outpatient services along with medication treatment options, such as Methadone maintenance therapy. This can be highly beneficial for individuals struggling with substance abuse, as it helps them stabilize their addiction and reduces the cravings for other opiates.
- Helpful and caring staff: Despite some negative reviews, many positive comments highlight the caring and helpful nature of the staff. Some reviewers mentioned specific staff members who made a positive impact on their recovery journey. This indicates that there are staff members who genuinely care about the well-being and recovery of the patients.
- Lifesaving impact: Several reviewers mentioned that this addiction treatment center saved their lives and helped them stay sober for years. The fact that they attribute their sobriety and improved quality of life to the center speaks to the effectiveness of the treatment programs offered.
AdCare Rhode Island
1950 Tower Hill Rd, North Kingstown, RI 02852The positive reviews highlight several key aspects of the addiction treatment center. Clients appreciate the caring and passionate counselors who personalize aftercare plans and lead helpful groups. The medical team and nurses are also praised for their attentiveness and ensuring the safety and comfort of clients. The staff is described as friendly, understanding, and supportive, creating a welcoming and supportive environment. Additionally, the food is mentioned positively in some reviews.
- The counselors at AD Care RI are highly knowledgeable and caring towards their clients, providing individualized aftercare plans and leading helpful groups to prepare individuals for sobriety in their day-to-day lives.
- The staff at AD Care RI are described as unbelievably awesome, comforting, and understanding, providing a supportive and close-knit environment that feels like family.
- The food at AD Care RI is mentioned as phenomenal, with clients being able to enjoy as much as they want. The staff is also described as caring and the medical team is great at ensuring the safety and comfort of all clients.
Adult & Teen Challenge Connecticut
39 N Moodus Rd, Moodus, CT 06469The reviews for Teen Challenge Connecticut, an addiction treatment center, highlight the positive impact the program has had on individuals struggling with substance abuse. Many reviewers express gratitude for the program saving their life and helping them establish a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. They praise the dedicated staff and the transformative power of Teen Challenge in breaking the chains of addiction and providing a supportive environment for recovery.
- Bible-based program: The addiction treatment center at Teen Challenge Connecticut incorporates Bible understanding and character quality studies to build skills and promote sobriety.
- Life-changing experiences: Many reviewers credit Teen Challenge Connecticut with saving their lives and transforming them from addiction to sobriety through the love of Jesus Christ.
- Positive impact on families and relationships: Multiple reviews highlight how Teen Challenge Connecticut not only helps individuals overcome addiction but also restores families, with individuals becoming productive citizens, fathers, husbands, and followers of Jesus Christ.
Recovery Services of Connecticut - Drug and Alcohol Rehab
71 Bradley Rd suite 6, Madison, CT 06443Recovery Services of Connecticut (RSCT) receives high praise from reviewers for their effective addiction treatment programs and compassionate staff. Many reviewers mention the top-notch clinicians and therapists, who are caring and knowledgeable. The program is described as life-changing and the supportive environment is likened to a second family.
- Highly qualified and caring clinicians: Multiple reviews mention the top-notch, caring, and educated clinicians at Recovery Services of Connecticut. The therapists are praised for their personalized treatment plans, diverse counseling styles, and ability to provide different tools for sobriety.
- Supportive and family-like environment: Several reviewers mention that the staff at Recovery Services of CT creates a supportive and welcoming atmosphere. The program is described as being like a second family, with both the staff and fellow attendees providing a strong support system.
- Individualized and comprehensive treatment: The program at Recovery Services of CT is praised for its individualized treatment plans and comprehensive approach to recovery. They offer a variety of services, including individual therapy, group therapy, medication management, and intensive outpatient programs. The rotating team of counselors ensures a well-rounded and diverse approach to recovery.
130 Elm St, Old Saybrook, CT 06475Positive reviews of the addiction treatment center, Project Courage, highlight the welcoming and compassionate staff, the ethical and professional handling of client care, and the positive impact the center has had on individuals' lives. Many reviewers commend the organization's community events, such as the Vin Baker 5K and dodgeball tournament, which showcase their commitment to the local community and raising awareness about addiction. The center's individualized program, including an intensive outpatient program and medication assistance with Suboxone, is recognized as effective in helping individuals regain control of their lives and maintain sobriety.
- Compassionate and professional staff: The staff at Project Courage, especially Tori, Liz, and Alicia, are praised for their kindness, warmth, and professionalism. They make patients feel welcomed and understood.
- Ethical and effective treatment: Project Courage is commended for their ethical standards and commitment to client care. They handle the entire process, from admissions to recovery coaching, seamlessly and thoroughly. The organization is seen as a positive force in the recovery community, with a high success rate in helping individuals overcome addiction.
- Community involvement and events: Project Courage actively engages with the community through events like the Vin Baker 5K, dodgeball tournaments, and addiction awareness races. These events are well-organized, family-friendly, and aim to raise awareness and support for addiction recovery.
Waterstone Counseling Center, LLC
317 Long Hill Rd, Groton, CT 06340The positive reviews mention that the staff, including the office staff and doctors, are helpful and pleasant. They are considered the best among other doctors and counseling places. The reviewers appreciate the never-ending support and the tools provided to live a fulfilling life, especially for those struggling with opiates.
- Friendly and helpful office staff and doctors
- Supportive and caring environment
Natchaug Hospital- Care Plus
1353 Gold Star Hwy, Groton, CT 06340The positive reviews about the addiction treatment center mentioned that the program was effective if the individual put in the effort and did the work. Clients appreciated the welcoming staff, supportive community, and non-judgmental environment. Interns who worked at the center also reported positive feedback from clients, mentioning that it was an eye-opening experience.
- Positive client feedback: Many clients have reported positive experiences with the program, indicating that it can be effective if the individual puts in the effort and work required.
- Welcoming staff and community: According to one review, the center has a welcoming staff and community, creating a supportive and non-judgmental environment for clients.
37 Camp Mooween Rd, Lebanon, CT 06249Positive reviews of the addiction treatment center include praise for the peaceful environment and beautiful setting, as well as the dedication and caring nature of certain staff members. One reviewer mentioned being grateful for the 90-day stay which provided a solid detox. Another reviewer specifically mentioned their counselor, Ms. Mary Jones, and how she helped them learn to love themselves.
- Offers a structured and peaceful environment for recovery.
- Some of the staff, such as Ms. Mary Jones, show a genuine dedication to helping clients and making a positive impact on their lives.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started