Methadone Treatment Centers Near Torrington, CT
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1303 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Torrington. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Torrington, CT
Connecticut Addiction Medicine, LLC
330 Main St #101, Hartford, CT 06106This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as caring, knowledgeable, and understanding, providing personalized treatment plans and support. Many patients credit this center with their recovery and improved mental health, praising the doctors and staff for their dedication and compassion.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is respectful, caring, and genuinely interested in their patients' well-being.
- The doctors and staff take the time to listen to patients and develop individualized treatment plans.
- The center offers a supportive and welcoming environment for recovery, with group therapy and counseling available.
Root Center for Advanced Recovery - Bristol Clinic
1098 Farmington Ave, Bristol, CT 06010Overall, the Methadone treatment center has received highly positive reviews, with many people expressing gratitude and appreciation for the help they received in overcoming addiction and reclaiming their lives. The counselors are praised for their support and the treatment program is considered effective in helping individuals stay clean. Some reviewers mention improvements being made by the center in terms of treatment and administrative processes.
- Positive counselor support: Reviewers mentioned having supportive counselors who listened to them and provided assistance.
- Successful addiction recovery: Multiple reviewers stated that the center helped them overcome their addiction and remain clean for several years.
- Life-changing program: The program was described as beneficial and life-saving by multiple reviewers.
Root Center for Advanced Recovery - Doctors Clinic
345 Main St, Hartford, CT 06106Overall, the Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews. Users state that it has significantly improved their lives and helped them function normally. The nurses and doctors are described as helpful and caring. However, some reviewers mention issues with overcrowding. Despite some judgment from others, the center is praised for providing much-needed help to those struggling with addiction.
- The nurses and doctors are helpful and accommodating, and genuinely care about helping patients.
- The environment is positive and supportive for those who are serious about recovering from opioid addiction.
Connecticut Counseling Centers, Inc.
4 Midland Rd, Waterbury, CT 06705Overall, the majority of reviews are positive, with patients expressing gratitude for being able to get clean and stay clean with the help of the Methadone treatment center. The center is described as helpful, supportive, and life-saving. However, there are a few reviews that mention potential chaos and suggest that there may be better treatment centers available.
- Helped individuals get off drugs and stay clean
- Supportive and helpful staff
- Saves lives and provides effective treatment for opioid addiction
18 Weston St, Hartford, CT 06120This methadone treatment center is highly praised by most reviewers. They appreciate the kind and professional staff, as well as the effective treatment it provides for opioid addiction. Reviews also mention that the center offers a comfortable environment with good amenities like cold methadone juice and a coffee room. However, there is one review expressing concerns about the efficiency of the center's operations. Overall, this seems to be a recommended place for those seeking help with their opioid addiction.
- Best tasting methadone with cold juice and a coffee room.
- Kind, respectful, and professional staff who can help start a road to recovery.
- A fine place for medical advice, dentistry work, and mental health treatment.
Root Center for Advanced Recovery - New Britain Clinic
542 E Main St, New Britain, CT 06051The first review expresses satisfaction with the clinic, including positive experiences with different counselors and appreciating the cleanliness, privacy, and parking of the new location. The reviewer credits methadone and the clinic for saving their life. The second review acknowledges that everyone's experience at a methadone clinic is better than being on the streets and mentions the clinic's professionalism. The third review highlights the kind and supportive staff, particularly the counselor, and mentions occasional disruptions but notes that it's not a common occurrence compared to other clinics.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Reviewers mentioned that the counselors and staff at the center are compassionate, respectful, and treat patients with kindness and support.
- Clean and improved facility: The new clinic is described as clean, with more windows, privacy, and ample parking, making it a more comfortable and pleasant environment for patients.
- Professional and cordial treatment: The center is noted to be professional in their approach and interacted with patients in a courteous manner, providing a positive overall experience.
Root Center for Advanced Recovery - Henderson/Johnson Clinic
16-18 Weston St, Hartford, CT 06120Overall, the reviews suggest that the Methadone treatment center is highly regarded. Patients appreciate the knowledgeable counselors and the efficient medication dispensing process. There are some suggestions for improvement, such as providing more support for different types of individuals and allowing for counselor changes if needed. However, the general consensus is that the center has saved lives and offers valuable resources for addiction recovery.
- Offers medication dispensing in the early morning hours, making it convenient for patients
- Good counselors and generally well-respected within the medical community
- Patients have the option to request a new counselor if they are not satisfied with their current one
Health Care Resource Centers Hartford
55 Fishfry St, Hartford, CT 06120Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive. One reviewer credits the program for helping them stay opioid-free and mentions the effectiveness of the medication program in curbing anxiety and cravings. Another reviewer praises the staff, particularly nurses, counselors, and administrators, for their knowledge, dignity, and ability to save lives. A special mention is given to two individuals, Sang and Carol, for their significant contribution to the reviewer turning their life around.
- Liberal medication program - The center offers a medication program that includes benzodiazepines, helping to effectively curb anxiety and cravings.
- Supportive and knowledgeable staff - The staff at the center, including nurses, counselors, and administrators, are highly praised for their expertise and understanding of opioid addiction. They treat clients with dignity and provide the necessary support to turn their lives around.
Root Center for Advanced Recovery - Middletown Clinic
520 Saybrook Rd #105, Middletown, CT 06457One reviewer complains about the receptionist not taking them seriously and causing unnecessary stress when getting medication. Another reviewer praises the clinic for making it easy to establish as a patient and being impressed by the knowledgeable and thorough social worker during intake. Overall, it seems like the experience at this Methadone treatment center varies depending on individual interactions with staff.
- Takes sobriety seriously: The center is praised for taking sobriety seriously, making it a suitable choice for individuals who are committed to their recovery.
- Easy patient establishment: Reviewers were impressed with the ease and painlessness of becoming a patient at the center, indicating a smooth process for intake and registration.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started