Methadone Treatment Centers Near Waterford, CT
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1102 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Waterford. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Waterford, CT
Connecticut Addiction Medicine, LLC
4 Broadway, Norwich, CT 06360The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews with patients praising the friendly and helpful staff, including Kristin and Aly at the front desk. The doctors are said to show care and promptness, and the counseling received is seen as vital for success. The only drawbacks mentioned are some organizational issues and long waiting times. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those looking to turn their lives around and find support in their journey towards sobriety.
- The front desk staff, specifically Kristin and Aly, are always cheerful and willing to assist with any comments, questions, and concerns.
- The counseling received at this center is vital to the success of the patients.
- The staff, including Dr. D, Jeff, and Kristin, are supportive and helpful in guiding individuals towards a better and happier life.
Root Center for Advanced Recovery - Doctors Clinic
345 Main St, Hartford, CT 06106The majority of the reviews indicate that the Methadone treatment center is beneficial for those seeking help with opioid addiction. Users mention that the nurses and doctors are helpful and caring, and that the positive environment supports recovery. However, there are some complaints about the center being over-crowded and needing improvement. Overall, people believe that the center is effective in helping individuals with addiction problems.
- The nurses and doctors are helpful, accommodating, and genuinely care about helping patients.
- The positive environment and support at the center greatly aids in recovery for those who are serious about getting clean.
Kinsella Treatment Center
1862 State St Ext, Bridgeport, CT 06604The staff at this Methadone treatment center is praised for being kind, understanding, and accommodating. The facility itself is described as clean and safe. Overall, reviewers appreciate the support they received from the staff and feel that this center is a good option for those serious about their recovery.
- The staff is described as kind, understanding, and accommodating.
- The center is praised for its cleanliness and safe environment.
- The hours of operation are flexible, making it convenient for individuals with any schedule.
Root Center for Advanced Recovery - New Britain Clinic
542 E Main St, New Britain, CT 06051The majority of the reviews are positive, with patients expressing gratitude for the caring and supportive staff at the clinic. They appreciate the cleanliness, privacy, and ample parking offered by the new clinic. Some reviewers mention having multiple counselors, but still finding them helpful and professional. However, there was one mention of limited dosing hours, but overall, the clinic is recommended for its compassionate and supportive environment.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Reviewers mentioned the counselors being understanding, respectful, and treating patients with kindness and compassion.
- Clean and improved facility: The new clinic is described as clean, with more windows, privacy, and parking, providing a more comfortable environment for patients.
- Professional and cordial: The staff is noted as being professional and cordial, creating a positive and professional atmosphere for patients to focus on their recovery.
Root Center for Advanced Recovery - Norwich Clinic
772 W Thames St, Norwich, CT 06360The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from multiple individuals who credit it with saving their lives and helping them achieve long-term sobriety. The staff at the center is described as respectful, friendly, and knowledgeable. Several specific individuals, such as counselor George and nurse Nikki, are praised for their exceptional care and dedication. The center is highly recommended as a medication treatment option for opioid addiction.
- The staff at the Methadone clinic is friendly, knowledgeable, and respectful, providing a positive treatment experience.
- There are no long wait times, allowing for quick in-and-out visits, which is convenient for patients.
- The clinic provides a clean environment and a safe parking lot, minimizing any potential sketchiness.
Root Center for Advanced Recovery - Henderson/Johnson Clinic
16-18 Weston St, Hartford, CT 06120The Methadone treatment center is highly recommended by patients who have struggled with addiction to opiates. The counselors are praised for being good and the wait times are usually short. The center has improved over the years, but there is still room for more changes to make sobriety accessible to all.
- Offers methadone medication treatment for opioid addiction
- Provides treatment groups and one-on-one counseling
- Good counselors and generally well-respected within the medical community
Health Care Resource Centers Hartford
55 Fishfry St, Hartford, CT 06120
The Methadone program at HCRC has been praised for its effectiveness in maintaining opioid-free lives, with one reviewer even preferring it over AA meetings due to its helpfulness in controlling anxiety and cravings. Another reviewer commended HCRC as an excellent place to seek help, expressing gratitude for the knowledgeable and compassionate staff. Overall, the consensus is that HCRC's Methadone program is a life-saving resource for those battling opioid addiction.
- Liberal medication program: The center offers a liberal medication program that includes benzodiazepines, which has been effective in curbing anxiety and cravings for opioids.
- Knowledgeable and compassionate staff: The staff, including nurses, counselors, and administrative staff, are highly praised for their expertise and compassionate approach in treating opiate addiction. They treat clients with dignity and understanding, which is not always common in society.
Root Center for Advanced Recovery - Willimantic Clinic
54-56 Boston Post Rd, Willimantic, CT 06226The majority of reviewers have positive experiences with this Methadone treatment center, praising the dedicated staff and the effectiveness of the treatment in helping them stay clean. However, there is one complaint about the center giving false positives for Fentanyl and not taking responsibility for it. Nonetheless, overall, reviewers appreciate the support and assistance provided by the center and its staff.
- Dedicated staff that are committed to helping individuals who are serious about their recovery.
- Provides a safe and supportive environment for drug addicts to get help and stay clean.
- Positive experience for those who follow the rules, respect the staff, and fulfill their financial obligations.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started