Methadone Treatment Centers Near West Haven, CT
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1878 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in West Haven. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near West Haven, CT
352 State St, North Haven, CT 06473The majority of the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive and highlight the helpful and compassionate staff, cleanliness of the facility, and the effectiveness of the medication programs for opioid addiction. Some reviewers mention a few issues with certain doctors and nurses, but overall, the center is recommended as a great place for addiction recovery and treatment.
- Friendly and compassionate staff: Multiple reviews mention the great staff at the Methadone treatment center, including counselors, nurses, receptionists, and security guards. They are described as tough but compassionate, dedicated to their job, trustworthy, and caring about the clients' health and well-being.
- Well-organized and efficient: The center is praised for being clean, well-organized, and efficient. The staff is described as professional, and the security is always on point. The maintenance team keeps the building clean, and there is a sense of professionalism throughout the facility.
- Effective treatment programs: The center offers effective treatment programs for opioid addiction, using medications like Methadone and Suboxone, along with counseling and monthly support groups. Several reviews mention successful recovery and getting lives back on track with the help of this clinic.
New Era Rehabilitation Center
311 East St #2FL, New Haven, CT 06511The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients and their family members. The staff is highly praised for their competence, compassion, and dedication. The facility is described as spotless, with top-notch security, and the program is commended for its effectiveness in helping individuals overcome addiction and turn their lives around.
- The staff is highly praised for being fantastic, pleasant, and extremely competent. They provide a perfect balance of tough love, patience, and compassion.
- The facility is spotless and the security is top-notch, ensuring a clean and safe environment for residents.
- The administration is considered extremely helpful and a valuable asset to the business, providing excellent communication and discharge planning for clients.
1 Long Wharf Dr, New Haven, CT 06511Overall, the Apt Foundation receives positive reviews for its services in treating opioid addiction with Methadone. Patients are generally happy with the staff, including the nurses and doctors who are knowledgeable and accommodating. The center is commended for providing a safe and secure environment, and many reviewers appreciate the flexibility and resources offered. However, there are mentions of potential challenges, such as drug dealers near the entrance and the need for personal responsibility in utilizing the program effectively.
- Efficient intake process with knowledgeable doctors: One reviewer mentioned that they had a positive experience from the very beginning, with a quick intake process and knowledgeable doctors who provided options for getting off methadone.
- Accommodating and flexible program: Another reviewer praised the clinic for being accommodating and flexible. They mentioned that the clinic is open early and offers multiple medication windows, making it easier for individuals to maintain a steady job. They also highlighted the clinic's harm reduction approach, where they focus on more dangerous substances and show understanding towards positive marijuana tests.
- Supportive and compassionate staff: Several reviewers expressed gratitude for the staff at the clinic, praising them for their professionalism, compassion, and caring attitude. They mentioned that the staff is understanding of life circumstances and works with individuals to find solutions.
Root Center for Advanced Recovery - Doctors Clinic
345 Main St, Hartford, CT 06106Overall, the majority of the reviews indicate that the Methadone treatment center is effective in helping individuals with addiction issues. Many reviewers mention positive experiences with the helpful and caring nurses and doctors. Some mentioned the overcrowding as a drawback, but overall, the center is seen as a positive place for recovery as long as individuals are committed to their treatment.
- The nurses and doctors at the center are helpful, accommodating, and genuinely care about their patients' well-being.
- The positive environment of the center supports individuals who truly want to overcome their addiction to opiates.
Liberation Programs Bridgeport Outpatient Services
399 Mill Hill Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06610The Methadone treatment center in Bridgeport and Stanford, Connecticut has received mostly positive reviews. Many users found the programs and counselors helpful in detoxing and managing pain. However, there were a few negative remarks about some workers, and some users felt that the center was not effective if they were not ready for recovery. Overall, the center was praised for its good quality care and clean facility.
- Helpful counselors and quality care: Multiple reviews mention that the counselors at the Methadone treatment center were helpful in detoxing and assisting with getting off opioids, indicating a high level of support and care.
- Positive impact on lives: One reviewer states that the center helped their brother get his life back on track, suggesting that the treatment program has the potential to be transformative and life-saving for those who are ready and committed.
- Clean and well-maintained facility: The mention of a "good clean place" indicates that the center maintains a hygienic and pleasant environment for patients.
Root Center for Advanced Recovery - Henderson/Johnson Clinic
16-18 Weston St, Hartford, CT 06120The reviewed Methadone treatment center seems to be highly praised overall. The center is known for having good counselors and relatively short wait times. Some reviewers mentioned that the center has improved over the years and emphasized the importance of finding a counselor that works well for individual needs. Overall, the center is regarded as a secure and friendly facility that has saved lives.
- Offers both group treatment and one-on-one counseling for a comprehensive approach to addiction recovery.
- Generally well-respected within the medical community and has good counselors.
- Has improved over the years under new ownership, with the option to request a new counselor if needed.
MCCA - New Haven
419 Whalley Ave # 300, New Haven, CT 06511The reviewers have had positive experiences with the Methadone treatment center and express gratitude for the caring and supportive staff. The center is praised for providing a sense of accomplishment and expanding the reviewers' knowledge, leading to a desire to pursue a career in mental health and substance use. Overall, the reviewers attribute their personal growth and future success to the center and its staff.
- The center has a caring and dedicated team that genuinely cares about their patients. Reviews mention the staff, particularly Laura, as being wonderful and providing great support.
- The center offers a variety of support options, including one-on-one meetings and group sessions. The staff is reported to be open, supportive, and willing to help patients achieve their goals.
Apt Foundation RSD
54 E Ramsdell St, New Haven, CT 06515Overall, the positive reviews mention that the program at the Methadone treatment center is effective and life-changing. The staff is described as caring and supportive, playing a vital role in the success of the program. The center is praised for its positive impact on individuals struggling with addiction.
- Caring staff and supportive environment - Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this treatment center are caring and supportive, which can be a crucial factor in recovery.
- Successful track record - One review mentions that the reviewer completed the program in 2012 and has remained sober since then. This suggests that the treatment program at this center can be effective in helping individuals overcome their addiction.
South Central Rehabilitation of 232 Cedar St New Haven, CT
232 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06519The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who felt grateful for the staff's care and compassion. The nurses and counselors were praised for their support and assistance, and the overall atmosphere was described as personable and welcoming. The program was seen as effective in helping patients with their detox and methadone maintenance, with the staff going above and beyond to ensure their well-being.
- Compassionate and supportive staff: The staff at SCRC is praised for their endless compassion and support towards patients during their detox and treatment. They are described as being positive, helpful, and always available to answer questions and provide support.
- Individualized treatment approach: SCRC is commended for treating patients as individuals and not just numbers. They remember patients' names and provide personalized care, helping individuals achieve their sobriety goals. This individualized approach creates a sense of being treated as a person and not just a patient.
- Comfortable detox experience: Patients mention that their detox experience at SCRC was comfortable and accommodating. They appreciate the efforts made by the staff to ensure their comfort during this challenging phase of treatment. Additionally, the food provided is described as very good, with a variety of snacks and even steak being served.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started