Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Gainesville, FL
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Gainesville for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 583 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Gainesville can cater to your needs.
Top 9 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Gainesville, FL
North Florida Comprehensive Treatment Center
6639 Southpoint Pkwy Suite 108, Jacksonville, FL 32216Positive reviews of the addiction treatment center mention that it is a great place for recovery if one is ready to acknowledge their addiction and seek help. The staff is described as caring, friendly, and professional, with nurses who genuinely seem to care about the well-being of the patients. The clinic is also praised for its cleanliness and zero tolerance policy for violence, drugs, and illegal activities.
- The staff at the addiction treatment center is professional, caring, and understanding.
- The clinic is described as clean and well-run, with no tolerance for drugs or violence on the property.
- The treatment center accepts Medicaid and offers prompt, friendly service to their clients.
The Refuge, A Healing Place
14835 SE 85th Street Rd, Ocklawaha, FL 32179Mixed reviews were received for the addiction treatment center. Some positive aspects mentioned were the strong community, beautiful location, and dedicated individual staff members. However, there were also negative comments regarding poor treatment, communication issues, lack of regard for patient needs, high turnover among staff, and inadequate medical care.
- The community and location of the center receive positive feedback, with some individual staff members going above and beyond.
- The therapy groups around trauma and self-love are praised, as well as the compassionate and caring staff.
- The center is LGBTQ-friendly and creates a safe environment for clients.
New Season Treatment Center – Ocala
216 NE 1st Ave, Ocala, FL 34470The positive reviews highlight the caring and helpful staff, cleanliness of the facility, and the effectiveness of the treatment program. Many reviewers specifically mention the compassionate counselors and nurses who go above and beyond to support the patients. The director is also praised for her professionalism and dedication to helping individuals in recovery. The clinic is credited with saving lives and providing a welcoming and non-judgmental atmosphere for those seeking help.
- The staff is described as great, amazing, and caring.
- The facility is clean and the nurses and doctors are praised for their effectiveness in treating patients.
- The program director is helpful and professional.
St John's Recovery Place
1125 Summit St, Crescent City, FL 32112The addiction treatment center receives praise for its amazing staff who are described as caring, determined, and treating patients like family. Many reviewers highlight the top-notch therapies and activities offered, such as EMDR therapy, equine trips, art and music therapy, and nature outings. The facility is also lauded for its clean environment, delicious food, and overall positive atmosphere.
- The staff at this addiction treatment center is highly praised for their care and support. They are described as incredible, amazing, and caring, making patients feel like family.
- The facility is clean and has a hotel-like feel to it, creating a comfortable environment for recovery.
- The therapy and treatment options offered at this center are highly regarded. Many patients mention the effectiveness of the therapies received, such as neural integration therapy, art and music therapy, equine therapy, and nature outings.
Breakthroughs: Counseling & Recovery
3810 Williamsburg Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32257Overall, the positive reviews for this addiction treatment center highlight the caring and supportive staff, effective therapy sessions, and the welcoming group atmosphere. Many reviewers mention specific therapists, such as Mia and Erika, who have made a significant impact on their recovery journeys. The office staff is also praised for being accommodating and helpful. Reviewers appreciate the insightful feedback and guidance provided, as well as the overall positive and transformative experience at Breakthroughs counseling and recovery services.
- The counselors at Breakthroughs are highly experienced and caring, providing helpful insights and support to their patients.
- The group therapy sessions are therapeutic and provide a safe space for individuals to open up and feel supported by others going through similar experiences.
- The office staff is accommodating and helpful, working with patients to address scheduling and billing issues.
North Florida Rehabilitation and Specialty Care
6700 NW 10th Pl, Gainesville, FL 32605Overall, the positive reviews about the addiction treatment center highlight the friendly and caring staff who go above and beyond for the residents. Many reviewers appreciate the improvements made in the facility and the dedication of certain employees, such as the front desk staff and therapy team. The facility is also praised for its cleanliness and the level of care provided to patients.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and helpful staff at the addiction treatment center. They highlighted specific staff members who went above and beyond to provide excellent care and make them feel at home.
- Clean and upgraded facilities: Several reviewers mentioned that the facility is clean and has undergone upgrades. They mentioned clean rooms with TVs and phones, which contributed to a positive experience.
- Improvements in the facility: Some reviewers noted that the facility has shown improvements over time. They mentioned positive changes in department heads and the therapy team, as well as an overall atmosphere of care and dedication.
- Please note that these pros are based on the reviews provided and may not represent the entire experience at the addiction treatment center. It is important to consider a variety of factors before making a decision.
River Region Human Services
3901 Carmichael Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32207Positive reviews: 1. One reviewer expressed gratitude for the addiction treatment center, stating that it gave them a second chance at life and they didn't know where they would be without it. 2. Another reviewer mentioned that the staff, including the nurses and counselors, were nice and helpful. 3. A reviewer mentioned that the facility was clean and the employees were friendly, and that methadone treatment can save lives. Overall, these positive reviews highlight the impact of the addiction treatment center on individuals' lives and praise the helpfulness and kindness of the staff.
- Friendly and supportive counselors: Many reviewers mentioned that the counselors at River Region were attentive, supportive, understanding, and caring. This indicates that the staff members are knowledgeable and capable of providing emotional support to help clients improve their lives.
- Life-saving treatment: Multiple reviewers mentioned that River Region helped them turn their lives around and gave them a second chance. Some even credited the treatment center with saving their lives. This indicates that the addiction treatment program at River Region is effective in helping individuals recover from substance abuse.
- Nice nurses and security staff: A few reviewers mentioned that the nurses and security staff at River Region were friendly and helpful. This suggests that the staff members are compassionate and contribute to a positive atmosphere at the treatment center.
Perspectives 2 Integrated Treatment and Sober Living
818 E Silver Springs Blvd, Ocala, FL 34470 and, 19 SE Wenona Ave, Ocala, FL 34471The positive reviews for the addiction treatment center highlight the helpfulness and professionalism of the staff. Clients appreciate the comprehensive program that covers all areas of recovery, including therapy, community meetings, and life skills. The affordability and acceptance of insurance are also mentioned as positives.
- Staff and counselor are great and helpful.
- Accepts insurance, making it more affordable for those in need.
- Comprehensive program that covers all areas of recovery.
WhiteSands Alcohol & Drug Rehab Ocala
1515 E Silver Springs Blvd Unit 216, Ocala, FL 34470WhiteSands Ocala has received highly positive reviews for their addiction treatment services. Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and knowledgeable staff who made them feel welcome and provided great lessons on coping with addiction. The counselors and therapists were praised for their professionalism and compassion, with many reviewers expressing gratitude for the support they received during their recovery journey. Overall, WhiteSands Ocala is recommended for its holistic approach, caring staff, and supportive environment.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who make you feel welcome and provide great lessons on coping with addiction and available resources in the area.
- Caring and supportive staff who help individuals learn about themselves and their addiction, with success in long-term sobriety.
- Compassionate and professional case managers and counselors who go above and beyond to support patients, providing a holistic and empathetic approach to treatment.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started