Methadone Treatment Centers Near Bradenton, FL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 5023 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Bradenton. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 6 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Bradenton, FL
Clear Path Clinic - Suboxone Vivitrol - Addiction and Primary Care
3177 4th St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33704The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the doctor's compassion, attentiveness, and willingness to go above and beyond. The staff is described as welcoming and non-judgmental, making patients feel comfortable and supported throughout their recovery journey. Many reviewers credit the center with turning their lives around and express gratitude for the care they received.
- Highly compassionate and attentive staff: The doctors and staff at this Methadone treatment center are praised for their respect, compassion, and honesty towards patients. They take the time to listen and provide support, even going above and beyond to help with personal difficulties or life events.
- Excellent patient care and treatment: Patients speak highly of the doctor's expertise and dedication to their recovery. The treatment provided at this clinic has been described as life-changing, helping individuals overcome addiction and make positive changes in their lives.
- Personalized and comprehensive care: The doctor takes the time to explain every aspect of the treatment plan and provides the tools and medications needed for recovery. The clinic is commended for its non-judgmental and accepting atmosphere, where patients feel comfortable discussing their needs and receiving the necessary support.
Centerstone Behavioral Hospital and Addiction Center
2020 26th Ave E, Bradenton, FL 34208Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Many reviewers found the doctors and staff to be helpful and compassionate, especially in dealing with mental health issues and addiction. There were a few negative reviews, expressing concerns about their experiences or the ability to leave the center, but the majority of reviewers had positive experiences and felt that the center had a positive impact on their lives.
- The center has a compassionate and understanding staff who genuinely care about their patients' well-being.
- The doctors and therapists at the center are highly effective in treating mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, depression, and schizophrenia disorder.
- The center offers a variety of treatment options, including in-patient, outpatient, and medically treated outpatient, and they work miracles in helping patients achieve sobriety.
Operation PAR Inc
6253 14th St W, Bradenton, FL 34207The majority of reviewers believe that the Methadone treatment center, Operation PAR, has saved their lives and helped them overcome opioid addiction. They emphasize that personal responsibility and active participation in the treatment program are key factors for success. The staff is praised for their care, professionalism, and ability to remember patients' names. Although there are some issues mentioned, such as harassment in the parking lot and slow check-ins on Fridays, overall, the center receives positive feedback for providing effective treatment and support.
- Personal responsibility for recovery: The center emphasizes the importance of taking charge of one's own life and recovery, with the Methadone program being a tool to adjust if needed.
- Life-changing experience: Many reviewers mentioned that the center has saved their lives and helped them get back on track, emphasizing the positive impact it has had on their well-being.
- Knowledgeable and caring staff: Reviewers praised the staff, including counselors, nurses, and front office personnel, for their caring and compassionate approach, making patients feel valued and supported throughout their treatment journey.
New Season Treatment Center – Bay Area
8800 49th St N Suite 106, Pinellas Park, FL 33782Reviewers generally have positive experiences with this Methadone treatment center. They mention having supportive and caring counselors, quick service, and positive outcomes in terms of staying clean and improving their lives. However, a few reviewers mention some issues such as unprofessional behavior from staff and long wait times. Overall, the majority of reviewers appreciate the help they have received from this treatment center.
- Quick and efficient service: Multiple reviews mention short wait times and being in and out of the center quickly, allowing for a convenient and efficient treatment experience.
- Caring and supportive staff: Many reviewers highlight the caring nature of the staff, including counselors and nurses, who are dedicated to helping patients and making them feel valued.
6150 150th Ave N, Clearwater, FL 33760Overall, the reviews of the Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Many reviewers express gratitude for the center helping them regain control of their lives and praise the caring and supportive staff. However, there are also some negative comments about staff prioritizing money over patient care and issues with organization and communication. The center is commended for providing effective treatment and a supportive environment for recovery.
- Effective Methadone therapy: The Methadone treatment at PAR Detox and PAR Maps was successful in stopping the use of opioids for multiple reviewers, helping them regain control of their lives.
- Caring and supportive staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at PAR Detox and PAR Maps were professional, friendly, accommodating, and genuinely cared about their well-being, providing a supportive environment.
- Life-saving assistance: Several reviewers credited PAR Detox and PAR Maps with saving their lives and thanked the facility for providing the opportunity to better themselves and regain control over their addiction.
New Season Treatment Center – St. Petersburg
1919 N Pinellas Ave, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Many reviewers praise the staff, particularly the director Michael, counselor Linda, and counselor Cat, for their kindness, support, and effectiveness in helping them with their addiction. The clinic is described as professional, caring, respectful, and private. Some reviewers appreciate the fact that the center has helped them turn their lives around and give them a new chance at life. However, a few negative points were mentioned, including frequent changes in counselors and policies that are not communicated in advance.
- The treatment center has a dedicated director who is praised for being kind and helpful, making patients feel supported.
- The counselors at the center are highly praised for their knowledge and effectiveness in helping patients overcome addiction.
- The staff, including nurses, are professional, compassionate, and create a welcoming environment for patients seeking treatment.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started