Methadone Treatment Centers Near Dania Beach, FL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2437 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Dania Beach. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Dania Beach, FL
Compassion Behavioral Health - Drug Rehab Hollywood FL
1 Oakwood Blvd #265, Hollywood, FL 33020The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with many expressing gratitude for the care and support they received. The staff, including therapists and case managers, are praised for their attentiveness and willingness to help. The center is described as a community that provides a safe and supportive environment for recovery. While there are a few negative reviews mentioning relapse after leaving the center, the overall consensus is that the program is effective and worthwhile.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are highly skilled professionals who provide excellent care and support to patients. Therapists are attentive and helpful, and case managers are always available to assist with any needs.
- The center creates a supportive and caring community for patients. Fellow patients are helpful and caring towards each other, creating a positive atmosphere for recovery.
- The treatment center offers a variety of resources and tools to help patients with their recovery. Therapy sessions, group therapy, and educational groups are informative and provide valuable insights. Patients feel cared for and supported throughout their stay at the center.
Golden Glades Treatment Center
100 NW 170th St #101, North Miami Beach, FL 33169The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Reviewers express gratitude for the caring and professional staff, as well as the extra effort made to accommodate their needs. The center is described as easy, fast, and recommended for opioid addiction treatment.
- Highly dedicated and caring staff who are willing to go the extra mile for their patients.
- Quick and efficient services, making it easy to start treatment and navigate insurance processes.
- Friendly and professional atmosphere, with staff that is supportive and understanding.
New Season Treatment Center – Broward
1101 S 21st Ave, Hollywood, FL 33020Overall, the Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews, with many patients expressing gratitude for the staff and the positive impact the center has had on their lives. The staff is described as knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful, with nurses and counselors receiving specific praise. The center is also praised for its cleanliness and the availability of an app for checking in and getting wait time information. However, there are also mentions of some past negative experiences with certain counselors at the center, who were perceived as treating patients unfairly. Despite this, the majority of reviews indicate that this is a highly recommended place for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being nice, welcoming, and knowledgeable. They felt that the staff genuinely cared about their well-being, making the treatment process more comfortable and effective.
- Individualized approach: Reviewers mentioned that the center tailors the treatment experience to each individual's needs. They appreciated the understanding that recovery is not a one-size-fits-all process and that the staff takes the time to personalize the treatment plan for each patient.
- Clean and well-maintained facility: Multiple reviewers commented on the cleanliness and overall quality of the center. They appreciated the efforts made to create a comfortable and hygienic environment for recovery.
New Season Treatment Center – Sunrise
2175-7 N University Dr, Sunrise, FL 33322The Methadone treatment center has received mostly positive reviews from patients who feel that the staff genuinely cares and is dedicated to helping them recover. The center provides a supportive and non-judgmental environment, with friendly and caring nurses. Patients have mentioned positive experiences with specific staff members, such as the doctor, counselors, and technicians. Medicaid is accepted, making treatment affordable for many individuals. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking help and a chance at a better life.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are caring and supportive, treating patients as equals.
- The center offers various medications for opioid addiction, including Methadone, Suboxone, and Subutex.
- The center provides additional support services, such as counseling, job assistance, and help with personal problems.
New Season Treatment Center – Pompano
555 S Andrews Ave Suite 100 - 101, Pompano Beach, FL 33069Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive. Patients appreciate the caring and helpful staff, with specific mentions of counselors Georgina, Tiffany, and Drucilla as being especially supportive. Some minor issues were noted, such as a miscommunication about dosing hours and a malfunctioning dosing machine, but these did not overshadow the overall positive experiences shared.
- The counselors and staff are caring and dedicated to their patients' recovery journeys.
- The center has a friendly and supportive atmosphere, with a staff that is helpful and professional.
- The treatment center has been effective in helping patients achieve sobriety and turn their lives around.
Ibogaine By David Dardashti
1031 Ives Dairy Rd, Miami, FL 33179The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are actually about a different program that uses Ibogaine for addiction treatment, so there is not much information about the Methadone program itself. However, the overall sentiment is positive, with reviewers expressing gratitude for the program and praising the caring and knowledgeable staff.
- Highly effective treatment: Many reviewers mentioned that the Methadone treatment program at this center was extremely effective in helping them overcome their addiction and regain control of their lives.
- Caring and supportive staff: The staff at the center were repeatedly praised for their kindness, compassion, and willingness to assist patients in any way possible.
- Beautiful location: The facility is located in a picturesque coastal community, providing a tranquil and peaceful environment for recovery.
4835 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33021The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise Dr. Fernandez for his compassion, thoroughness, and knowledge. The staff is described as welcoming and non-judgmental. Many reviews mention that the center has been life-saving and that patients feel like they finally have their lives back. Customers highly recommend the center and feel grateful for the care they receive.
- Doctor Fernandez is highly knowledgeable, compassionate, and takes the time to get to know his patients. He is dedicated to helping them achieve good health and comfort in their treatment.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is welcoming, warm, and non-judgmental. Patients feel comfortable and supported during their visits.
- The center is clean and well-maintained, providing a positive and professional environment for patients seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started