Methadone Treatment Centers Near Destin, FL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1505 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Destin. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Destin, FL
New Season Treatment Center – Pensacola
2420 S Hwy 29, Cantonment, FL 32533The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are highly positive, with patients praising the staff and counselors for their helpfulness and dedication. Many reviewers mention specific staff members who have made a significant impact on their recovery journey. There are also positive comments about the organization and efficiency of the clinic. Some reviewers mention previous negative experiences but state that the clinic has since improved under new management. Overall, the clinic is recommended for those seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- Organized and efficient operations, including easy check-in and payment options.
- Compassionate and respectful staff, including counselors who are helpful and easy to talk to.
- Dedicated and caring director who advocates for the patients and ensures a safe and friendly atmosphere.
Richard P Chern, MD
12889 US-98, Miramar Beach, FL 32550Dr. Chern and his team at the Methadone treatment center are highly recommended by patients. They are praised for their excellent care, reasonable prices, and genuine compassion for their patients. The staff is described as kind, caring, and knowledgeable. Patients appreciate the thoroughness of Dr. Chern's approach and feel that he takes the time to understand their needs and explain treatment options. Overall, patients report feeling better and having improved quality of life under the care of Dr. Chern and his team.
- Dr. Chern is highly skilled and provides excellent service that surpasses expectations.
- The center offers fair pricing compared to other doctors offering the same service.
- The staff is caring, helpful, and creates a welcoming atmosphere for patients.
Lakeview Center Medication-Assisted Treatment - Shalimar
One 11th Ave Suite C, Shalimar, FL 32579The treatment center is highly praised by multiple reviewers for its effectiveness in treating addiction and providing mental support. The staff, including counselors and medical professionals, are commended for their dedication and caring nature. However, some reviewers mentioned occasional difficulties in communication and a need for better organization due to the high number of patients. Overall, the center is described as life-saving and life-changing, with efficient and friendly service.
- Highly effective treatment: The center is praised for its ability to not only treat opioid addiction but also address the underlying issues and help individuals change their way of thinking.
- Supportive and caring staff: The counselors, doctors, and nurses are described as amazing, caring, and genuinely invested in their patients' sobriety and well-being.
- Efficient and organized: Patients have reported quick and streamlined processes, minimal waiting times, and a professional and proficient approach to treatment.
Lakeview Center Medication-Assisted Treatment - Pensacola
1800 N Palafox St, Pensacola, FL 32501The staff at the Methadone treatment center is generally described as great and caring, although some staff members are compared to correctional officers. The program is seen as better than others in the area, but there are complaints about the liquid Methadone not lasting all day. Overall, the center is viewed as a great place for those truly committed to getting clean and staying clean.
- The staff is dedicated and supportive, willing to work with patients until they are comfortable.
- The program is considered better than most clinics in the area and offers true help for those seeking to overcome addiction.
- The entire staff is united in their mission to help people overcome addiction.
Bridgeway Center Inc.
137 Hospital Dr NE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive. Patients appreciate the respectful and kind treatment they receive from the staff, particularly from providers like Ms. April and Shandrika. The center is praised for its improvements in customer service and the convenience of telehealth appointments. The case management and support provided by staff members like Kailien, Wanna, and Elizabeth are highly valued by patients and their families. There is also appreciation for the helpfulness of the nursing staff and the pharmacy team.
- Staff at Bridgeway is consistently praised for their respect, kindness, and professionalism towards patients.
- Telehealth services are available, providing convenience and accessibility for appointments.
- Many reviewers express gratitude for specific providers, such as April Burgess, Shandrika Pritchett, Kailien Silva, Karen, Dr. April B., Tiffany Cox, Wanna, Elizabeth Mendoza, Tina, and Ryan, highlighting their helpfulness, compassion, and dedication to patients' well-being.
Hope Medical Clinic.
150 Beach Dr #2402, Destin, FL 32541Multiple reviewers express their gratitude and appreciation for the Methadone treatment center's assistance to uninsured individuals. The center is praised for providing hope, access to medication, and a caring environment. Reviewers refer to the staff as blessings from God and commend their kindness.
- Provides access to medical help and medication for individuals who are uninsured or cannot afford insurance.
- Volunteers and staff are praised for their kindness and dedication in helping the community.
Gulf Coast Addiction Medicine
277 Forest Park Cir, Panama City, FL 32405The majority of reviewers had positive experiences with Gulf Coast Addiction Medicine, praising the caring and understanding staff who genuinely care about their patients' success in recovery. There is a strong emphasis on advocating for oneself and finding a doctor who has a plan to eventually wean patients off Methadone. One reviewer appreciated the promptness and politeness of the doctor and plans to return.
- Caring and understanding staff: The center's staff members receive positive feedback for being caring and understanding towards patients, providing support during the recovery process.
- Personalized care: Patients feel like they are not just a number or face at Gulf Coast Addiction Medicine. The center's team genuinely cares about each individual's success and strives to help them achieve continued success in their recovery.
- Prompt and polite service: The center receives praise for its efficiency in scheduling appointments, with patients being able to get in on the same day they call. The doctor is described as polite and genuinely caring for his patients.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started