Methadone Treatment Centers Near Gainesville, FL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 5056 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Gainesville. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Gainesville, FL
New Season Treatment Center – Quad County
216 NE 1st Ave, Ocala, FL 34470The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients greatly appreciate the caring and knowledgeable staff, particularly their counselors and the director. The center is praised for its ability to help individuals struggling with addiction and for providing a safe and supportive environment. A few minor complaints are mentioned, but they are overshadowed by the overall satisfaction expressed by the majority of reviewers.
- Highly effective treatment program: Many reviewers have mentioned that the Methadone treatment program at this center has been highly effective for them in overcoming their addiction. They have experienced significant improvements in their sobriety and overall well-being.
- Caring and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this treatment center have been praised for their compassion, care, and knowledge about addiction and Methadone treatment. Reviewers have specifically mentioned counselors and nurses who go above and beyond to provide support and answer questions.
- Personalized treatment approach: Several reviewers have expressed appreciation for the center's ability to match them with a counselor who was a perfect fit for their needs. They highlight how their counselors listen attentively, remember details, and actively work towards meeting their individual treatment goals.
UF Health Florida Recovery Center
4001 SW 13th St, Gainesville, FL 32608The reviews for the Florida Recovery Center (FRC) are overwhelmingly positive, with many reviewers expressing their gratitude for the treatment they received. The staff at FRC is praised for their dedication, compassion, and professionalism. Reviewers mention transformative experiences, positive outcomes, and a supportive community at the center. Overall, FRC is highly recommended for individuals seeking treatment for opioid addiction with Methadone.
- Individualized treatment: The center is dedicated to tailoring treatment plans for each patient, recognizing the unique needs and circumstances of individuals.
- Compassionate and supportive staff: The support staff, therapists, physicians, nurses, and administrators are caring, supportive, and professional, creating a supportive and comfortable environment for patients.
- Comprehensive care: The center provides a higher level of comprehensive care, offering a holistic approach that addresses the bio social complexities of addiction and helps patients gain insight into their illness.
New Season Treatment Center – Jacksonville
4427 Emerson St Building 4, Jacksonville, FL 32207Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Many reviewers mention that the counselors and staff are caring, supportive, and helpful. They appreciate the effectiveness of Methadone in treating opioid addiction and mention that the center has helped them turn their lives around. However, some negative reviews mention crowded conditions and issues with specific counselors. It is recommended to avoid starting treatment on weekends and to arrive early during the week.
- The counselors at the center are caring and supportive, providing a safe space for patients to talk and seek support.
- The center is generous in providing take-home medication and is understanding about increasing doses to achieve stability.
- The staff at the center goes above and beyond to help patients, assisting with financial concerns and connecting them to resources for continued treatment.
Meridian Outpatient Gainesville Office
4300 SW 13th St, Gainesville, FL 32608Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. People appreciate the caring and supportive staff, as well as the resources and coping skills provided. However, there are also a few negative reviews, mentioning expensive medication and some communication issues.
- Caring and supportive staff: The reviewers consistently mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center is caring, respectful, and supportive towards individuals struggling with addiction.
- Diverse range of services: The center offers a variety of services including group and individual counseling, coping skills development, resources for family support, and treatment for issues related to mental health, substance abuse, and legal matters.
- Positive recovery outcomes: Several reviewers credit the center for their successful recovery journeys and attribute their ability to overcome addiction to the tools and structure provided by the program.
New Season Treatment Center – Daytona
1823 Business Park Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114The positive reviews highlight that the staff, counselors, and nurses at the Methadone treatment center are friendly, caring, and helpful. Many reviewers express gratitude for the center's impact on their recovery process and praise the attention they receive from the program director. Some reviewers note that the center's system runs efficiently, with minimal waiting times for dosing. Overall, the center is seen as a valuable resource for individuals seeking to overcome opioid addiction.
- The staff and counselors at this Methadone treatment center are described as nice, caring, and helpful.
- The treatment center has been successful in helping individuals stay clean and improve their lives.
- The center has resources and ambitions to continuously improve and provide effective treatment for addiction.
New Season Treatment Center – Duval
590 Ellis Rd S Building 4, Jacksonville, FL 32254Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Many reviewers commend the clinic for its advanced treatment protocols, online counseling options, and helpful counselors. However, there are some complaints about long wait times, issues with refunding payments, and a desire for better representation of dosing times. Despite these minor complaints, the majority of reviewers express gratitude for the clinic's assistance in their recovery and praise the caring and friendly staff.
- Accepts payment from VA insurance: This Methadone treatment center is approved by the Veteran's Administration for veterans, providing them with accessible and affordable treatment options.
- Online counseling available: The center offers telecounseling through video calling, allowing working individuals to have sessions at their convenience and save on travel time.
- Compassionate and helpful staff: Reviewers mention the helpfulness and professionalism of the counselors and staff, making the treatment experience more comfortable and effective.
North Florida Comprehensive Treatment Center
6639 Southpoint Pkwy Suite 108, Jacksonville, FL 32216The reviewed Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its professionalism, cleanliness, and zero tolerance for violence or drug-related activities. The staff is described as great, caring, friendly, and helpful. Many reviewers express gratitude for the clinic's assistance in their recovery and highlight the positive impact it has had on their lives. However, there are also a few minor complaints about issues such as bottle shortages and scheduling quirks. Overall, the center is recommended for those serious about overcoming addiction and seeking a supportive environment for recovery.
- Professional and clean environment with zero tolerance for violence, drugs, or selling dope on the property.
- Caring and friendly staff who genuinely want to make a difference in people's lives.
- Respectful and non-judgmental treatment from the nurses, counselors, and other staff members.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started