Methadone Treatment Centers Near Jacksonville, FL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2938 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Jacksonville. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Jacksonville, FL
River Region Human Services
3901 Carmichael Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32207The Methadone treatment center at River Region is highly praised for its ability to save lives and help individuals break free from opioid addiction. Reviewers mention the friendly and supportive staff, with counselors who are attentive, understanding, and caring. While there are some concerns about the center opening on time and the need for additional nurses, overall, River Region is seen as a place that truly helps people and gives them a second chance at life.
- Methadone treatment at River Region can save lives by helping individuals break free from opioid abuse and withdrawal.
- The staff at River Region are friendly, attentive, supportive, and caring.
- The center is praised for its positive atmosphere and the dedication of its counselors, nurses, and security staff.
New Season Treatment Center – Jacksonville
4427 Emerson St Building 4, Jacksonville, FL 32207The majority of positive reviews about the Methadone treatment center in Jacksonville highlight the caring and supportive nature of the counselors, with many mentioning specific counselors by name, such as Regina and Kendra. Patients appreciate the generosity of the center in providing take-home medications and their willingness to increase doses until stability is reached. The staff is commended for their professionalism, non-judgmental attitude, and willingness to go above and beyond to help patients. The center is seen as a life-saving resource that has helped individuals overcome addiction and regain control of their lives.
- The counselors at this Methadone treatment center are caring, supportive, and helpful. They genuinely care about the well-being of their patients and provide the necessary support and guidance for recovery.
- The center is generous with take-home doses, making it easier for patients to maintain stability in their treatment.
- The staff at this clinic are friendly, non-judgmental, and treat patients with respect. They create a welcoming and supportive environment for individuals seeking help with opioid addiction.
New Season Treatment Center – Duval
590 Ellis Rd S Building 4, Jacksonville, FL 32254This Methadone treatment center is highly regarded, especially by veterans who receive treatment through the Veteran's Administration. They offer advanced treatments, including online counseling, to make it more accessible for working individuals. The staff is praised for their professionalism and helpfulness, although there are some complaints about long wait times and issues with refunds. Overall, the center is considered to be a lifesaver for many and has helped numerous patients achieve sobriety.
- Accepts payment from VA insurance for veterans: The clinic is one of the few clinics that the Veteran's Administration uses for veterans, which saves them a tremendous amount of money.
- Online counseling available: The clinic offers telecounseling (video calling) for working individuals, allowing them to have a video conference at a convenient time when they are off work. This feature helps save trips to see specialists in other cities.
North Florida Comprehensive Treatment Center
6639 Southpoint Pkwy Suite 108, Jacksonville, FL 32216The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Users appreciate the professional and clean environment, the caring and friendly staff, and the focus on recovery. The center is seen as a lifeline and a place where individuals battling addiction can receive the help they need. Some minor quirks with scheduling and bottle availability are mentioned, but overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking treatment.
- Professional and clean environment with zero tolerance for violence, drugs, or selling dope on the property.
- Caring and friendly staff who genuinely care about the well-being and recovery of their clients.
- Respectful and non-judgmental atmosphere where patients are treated with kindness and understanding.
MedMark Treatment Centers Jacksonville
5600 Spring Park Rd #101, Jacksonville, FL 32216This Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who appreciate the caring and compassionate staff. Some reviewers express concerns about the cost and hope for insurance coverage in the future. The center is described as small, with short wait times and a clean environment.
- Caring and compassionate staff who truly care about the patients' well-being.
- Short wait times and efficient service, making it convenient for patients.
- Friendly and helpful nursing staff and doctors who provide excellent care and treatment.
Pathways Rehab & Suboxone Clinic
7999 Philips Hwy #305, Jacksonville, FL 32256This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients highly recommend the center and praise the staff, including Dr. Nields and Angie, for their caring and accommodating approach. The clinic is commended for its first-class service, understanding doctors, and supportive environment, making a positive impact on patients' lives.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: The doctors and staff members at this Methadone treatment center are highly praised for their kindness, understanding, and willingness to go above and beyond to accommodate patients' needs, including scheduling and payment matters.
- Supportive and caring environment: Patients appreciate the caring and supportive atmosphere created by the staff and doctors at this clinic. They are described as being helpful, understanding, and genuinely caring about their patients' well-being and progress in their journey to sobriety.
- Personalized treatment approach: The doctors, particularly Dr. Nields, are commended for their individualized approach to treatment. They take the time to get to know patients, understand their lifestyles and needs, and work together to set realistic goals for recovery. Patients feel listened to and supported every step of the way.
Buprenorphine Treatment Centers, Inc
1855 Wells Rd #4, Orange Park, FL 32073The Methadone treatment center received glowing praise from one reviewer who specifically highlighted the helpfulness of Steph and Burt, as well as the excellent doctors. Another reviewer expressed gratitude for finding the clinic after the VA failed to provide appropriate medication for their girlfriend, emphasizing the importance of this facility. Overall, these reviews attest to the center's effectiveness and helpfulness in treating opioid addiction.
- Dedicated and supportive staff: Reviewers praise the doctors and staff at the center, stating that they are always there to help and are wonderful.
- Access to needed medication: One reviewer mentions that the clinic was able to provide the medications necessary for managing opioid addiction when other healthcare providers were unable to. This suggests that the center can effectively address medication needs for patients.
- Overall positive experience: Reviewers describe the clinic as "amazing" and "wonderful," indicating that the overall experience of receiving treatment at this center is positive.
New Season Treatment Center – St. Augustine
3574 US-1 Suites 101-104, St. Augustine, FL 32086The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are mostly positive, with many praising the staff, counselors, and nurses for their understanding and support. The cost of treatment is a common concern among reviewers, with some unable to afford the daily price. However, for those who can afford it, the center is highly recommended for its supportive environment and life-changing impact on recovery. There are also a few negative reviews suggesting a dissatisfaction with the staff or the perceived focus on money.
- Great team that genuinely cares about your recovery.
- Supportive staff, including counselors and nurses who are understanding and respectful.
- Director and clinical director go out of their way to help and support patients.
For a New Start LLC
5918 Ave B, Jacksonville, FL 32209For a New Start LLC is a highly recommended Methadone treatment center for individuals struggling with addiction. The staff is knowledgeable, compassionate, and provides a safe and supportive environment for patients to detox and heal. The program is tailored to individual needs and has been described as life-changing, leaving patients feeling hopeful and empowered for the future.
- The staff at For a New Start LLC's inpatient alcohol detox program is knowledgeable and understanding, providing a comfortable and safe environment for patients.
- The program at For a New Start LLC is meticulously tailored to address individual needs, resulting in a renewed sense of confidence and eagerness to embark on the journey towards sobriety.
- Patients receive exceptional care and support from the staff at For a New Start LLC, creating a secure and nurturing atmosphere for the detoxification journey.
River Region Human Services
2141 Loch Rane Blvd, Orange Park, FL 32073The Orange Park location of this Methadone treatment center is praised as being nicer and less dramatic than their other location in Carmichael. The community aspect of the center is also appreciated, as people have different ideas and offer support to one another. The center is commended for providing medication and therapy to help with addiction, with a focus on ensuring clients do not feel sick. The overall experience is described as fast, easy, confidential, and supportive.
- Drama-free environment: One reviewer mentions that this Methadone treatment center provides a calm and peaceful atmosphere, with no instances of clients arguing or using inappropriate language towards each other.
- Supportive community: Another reviewer appreciates the diverse ideas and perspectives within the community, highlighting the helpfulness it brings. This suggests that the center fosters a supportive environment where individuals can learn from one another's experiences.
- Comprehensive treatment: The center offers not only medication-based treatment (Methadone) but also therapy to address addiction. This indicates a holistic approach to recovery that addresses both the physical and psychological aspects of addiction.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started