Methadone Treatment Centers Near Milton, FL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1694 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Milton. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Milton, FL
1221 W Lakeview Ave, Pensacola, FL 32501The majority of the reviews praise the Methadone treatment center and its staff, particularly the therapists and office staff who are described as caring and helpful. There are a few negative reviews mentioning issues with the care provided and the need for more doctors, but overall the center is seen as valuable and beneficial for addiction treatment.
- Caring and Positive Staff: The therapists and director at this Methadone treatment center are described as remarkable, caring, and positive. They show genuine care for their patients and are highly recommended by a protective parent.
- Friendly and Helpful Employees: The staff members are consistently praised for being friendly, helpful, and non-judgmental. They provide fast service and make the experience comfortable for the patients.
- Life-Changing Treatment: Several reviewers credit this Methadone treatment center with positively changing their lives. They express gratitude towards the doctors who have provided them with effective treatment.
New Season Treatment Center – Pensacola
2420 S Hwy 29, Cantonment, FL 32533Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive. Patients appreciate the organized and friendly staff, with specific praise for certain counselors. The clinic is also commended for accepting debit cards for payment, making the process more convenient. The new management has made positive changes and improved wait times. There is a strong sense of care and dedication from the staff, and patients feel supported in their recovery journey.
- Organized and efficient check-in process with the option to pay using debit cards, making it more convenient for patients.
- Caring and supportive staff, including counselors who treat patients with respect and provide helpful guidance.
- Affordable treatment options with convenient hours every day of the week.
Community Health Northwest Florida Adult & Family Care at Milton
6671 Caroline St, Milton, FL 32570The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff, including Jessica Clark, Tara Woodall, April Archer, Jeremy Olmstead, and Denise, are praised for their helpfulness, attentiveness, and friendliness. The new facility is also appreciated for being clean and accessible. The only criticism is towards the referral department being a bit slow. Overall, the center is highly recommended for its great staff and quality care.
- Excellent staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at the center is helpful, attentive, and friendly. They go above and beyond to assist with insurance issues and provide thorough explanations of treatment and healthcare concerns.
- Knowledgeable and caring healthcare providers: Several reviews highlight the expertise and compassion of the healthcare providers, specifically NP Tara Woodall, NP April Archer, and Dr. Blanchard. These providers take the time to listen to patients, explain treatment options, and make the patients feel comfortable, especially when treating teenagers and children.
- Convenient and clean facility: Reviewers appreciate the accessibility and cleanliness of the treatment center's new building. Patients mention it is easy to schedule appointments, experience short waiting times, and have a positive overall experience at the facility.
Lakeview Center Medication-Assisted Treatment - Shalimar
One 11th Ave Suite C, Shalimar, FL 32579The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who credit the center for saving their lives and helping them make positive changes. The staff is described as caring, professional, and supportive, and the treatment program focuses on both addiction recovery and mental health. Some reviewers mentioned minor issues with communication or wait times, but overall, the center is highly recommended for individuals serious about their recovery.
- The treatment center focuses on treating both addiction and the mind, providing comprehensive care.
- The staff, including counselors, doctors, and nurses, are described as amazing, caring, and supportive.
- The clinic is efficient and organized, with short waiting times and efficient dosing processes.
- The smaller size of the clinic allows for a more personal and individualized experience.
- The center is recommended for individuals who are serious about their recovery and willing to put in the effort to meet and maintain ongoing treatment requirements.
New Season Treatment Center – Leon County
3976 Woodville Hwy, Tallahassee, FL 32305The reviews for the Methadone treatment center, New Seasons Treatment, are overwhelmingly positive. The staff is described as helpful, kind, and understanding. Patients appreciate the care and grace with which the center handles the increasing problem of opioid addiction. The center is praised for its professionalism, kindness, and respect in providing effective treatment for addiction.
- Friendly and helpful staff who are understanding and caring.
- Provides excellent treatment for opioid addiction with Methadone.
- Offers a variety of resources to help with employment and sobriety.
Partners Family Medicine Practice & Recovery Center
4453 US-90, Pace, FL 32571The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and compassionate staff who are dedicated to their recovery. The office is praised for being accessible, accommodating, and providing quality care for opioid addiction.
- Dedicated and caring staff focused on patient care and recovery.
- Highly professional and attentive providers.
- Welcoming and compassionate atmosphere, accommodating to patients' schedules.
Lakeview Center Medication-Assisted Treatment - Pensacola
1800 N Palafox St, Pensacola, FL 32501The staff at the Methadone treatment center is generally praised for their helpfulness and dedication to the recovery of patients. However, some reviewers express dissatisfaction with the liquid form of methadone provided, claiming that it does not have long-lasting effects. Some also mention that certain staff members have a stricter approach, resembling correctional officers. Overall, the center is recommended for those who are genuinely committed to recovering from addiction.
- Staff that cares and works with patients to help them adjust to the treatment program.
- Better program compared to other clinics in the area.
- A dedicated staff focused on helping patients overcome addiction.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started