Methadone Treatment Centers Near Plant City, FL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 6886 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Plant City. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Plant City, FL
WhiteSands Alcohol & Drug Rehab Plant City
2011 N Wheeler St, Plant City, FL 33563White Sands Treatment Center is highly praised by reviewers who have found it to be a life-changing and supportive environment for addiction recovery. The staff, including case managers and therapists, are consistently mentioned as being caring and knowledgeable. The center offers a comprehensive program that includes detox, therapy, and recreational activities, creating a sense of community and providing lasting changes for those seeking help with addiction issues.
- The staff is highly praised for their support, knowledge, and professionalism. Many reviewers specifically mention their case managers and therapists, highlighting the positive impact they have had on their recovery journey.
- The facilities and amenities are top-notch, providing a peaceful and clean environment for recovery. Reviewers appreciate the options for recreational activities such as volleyball, gym, corn hole, pool, and boxing. The availability of phones at certain times is also mentioned as a comforting aspect.
- The comprehensive programs, including detox, therapy, and holistic approaches, are highlighted as promoting lasting changes. Reviewers appreciate the diverse range of therapies and activities offered, such as biofeedback, chiropractic services, and recreational activities, which contribute to their overall recovery process.
Clear Path Clinic - Suboxone Vivitrol - Addiction and Primary Care
3177 4th St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33704The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the compassionate and respectful treatment they receive from both the doctor and the staff. The doctor goes above and beyond to provide personalized care and help in various aspects of their lives. The clinic is commended for its exceptional bedside manner and its commitment to patient recovery.
- The staff and doctor are extremely compassionate and caring, providing respect, understanding, and support to patients.
- The doctor goes above and beyond to help patients with their unique needs, including finding pharmacies to fill prescriptions and assisting with insurance issues.
- The doctor takes the time to listen to patients, explain treatment plans, and provide the necessary tools for recovery.
- The clinic is accepting and non-judgmental, creating a welcoming and supportive environment for individuals struggling with addiction.
- The doctor genuinely cares about the well-being of his patients and is dedicated to helping them overcome addiction.
New Season Treatment Center – Orlando
1002 N Semoran Blvd, Orlando, FL 32807The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are generally positive. Reviewers mention that the staff, including counselors and nurses, are caring and helpful in their recovery journey. The center is praised for its clean environment and efforts in harm reduction. However, some reviewers mention long wait times and issues with paperwork, but overall, the facility is credited with saving lives and providing valuable support.
- Dedicated and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the supportive and caring staff members, including counselors and nurses, who genuinely care about the well-being of the patients and go above and beyond to help them.
- Life-changing impact: Several reviews highlight that this treatment center has positively transformed their lives, helping them overcome addiction and regain control. From saving lives to providing resources and support, the center is credited with making a significant difference.
- Effective harm reduction: The facility is commended for its harm reduction approach, specifically through the use of methadone and counseling services. It is mentioned that the methadone provides cross-tolerance to opiate addicts and contributes to preventing overdose deaths.
ANR Clinic - Advanced Opioid Treatment Center
2002 N Lois Ave Suite 150, Tampa, FL 33607The ANR Clinic, specializing in Methadone treatment for opioid addiction, received overwhelmingly positive reviews
- Life-changing treatment: Multiple reviewers emphasized that
Central Florida Treatment Centers - Orlando
1800 W Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32804Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center seem positive. The staff, including counselors and nurses, are praised for being attentive, supportive, and knowledgeable. The center is described as efficient, with minimal wait times and quick check-in and dosing processes. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and helping them on their path to recovery. However, there are some comments about the lack of privacy and the need for improvements in certain areas.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are supportive, encouraging, and genuinely care about their patients' recovery.
- The wait times at this clinic are significantly shorter compared to other clinics, with fast check-ins and dosing procedures.
- Many reviewers highlight the positive impact of their counselors, specifically mentioning their attentiveness, knowledge, and ability to create a comfortable space for open conversation.
New Season Treatment Center – St. Petersburg
1919 N Pinellas Ave, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689This Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews for its staff and counselors, particularly the director, Michael, and counselor Linda. Patients appreciate the helpfulness and kindness of the staff, and credit the center with saving their lives and helping them overcome opioid addiction. Some reviews mention changes in staff and policies that have affected their experience, but overall, the clinic is highly recommended for its professionalism and compassionate care.
- The staff, including the director, counselors, and nurses, are consistently mentioned as helpful, kind, and supportive.
- The clinic is praised for its success in helping patients overcome opioid addiction and improve their lives.
13700 58th St N, Clearwater, FL 33760The Lakeside Clinic is highly praised by reviewers for its compassionate staff, cleanliness, and dedicated director, Doreen. The clinic is commended for its efficient and quick service, with minimal lines and wait times. However, there are some concerns regarding the clinic's handling of COVID-positive patients and the lack of insurance coverage. Overall, reviewers emphasize the clinic's professionalism and the care they received during their treatment.
- Staff is kind, polite, and goes above and beyond to help clients
- Compassionate and caring counselors and director
- Clean and professional setting
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started