Methadone Treatment Centers Near Tallahassee, FL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2594 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Tallahassee. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Tallahassee, FL
Lakeview Center Medication-Assisted Treatment - Shalimar
One 11th Ave Suite C, Shalimar, FL 32579This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients have credited the center for not only helping them overcome addiction, but also for providing effective counseling and support. The staff is described as caring, efficient, and professional. While there were a few instances of communication difficulties, overall, the center is praised for its dedication to helping individuals achieve sobriety and positive life changes.
- The treatment center focuses on treating both the addiction and the mind, helping individuals shift their thinking and address underlying issues.
- The staff, including counselors, doctors, and nurses, are praised for being supportive, caring, and instrumental in helping patients successfully work the program.
- The clinic is known for being strict but fair, prioritizing patients' benefit and sobriety.
New Season Treatment Center – Leon County
3976 Woodville Hwy, Tallahassee, FL 32305The New Seasons Treatment center has received positive reviews for its helpful and supportive staff, who are praised for their understanding and grace in handling opioid addiction. Reviewers express gratitude for the kindness and respect they received during their treatment and mention the leniency towards tardiness. The clinic is recommended as a reliable resource for employment and achieving sobriety.
- Great staff who are helpful, understanding, and caring.
- Kindness, respect, and support provided throughout the treatment process.
- Flexible and lenient with time, understanding the challenges of addiction.
- Helpful in assisting with employment and resources for sobriety.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere, making guest dosing and transitioning easy.
439 SW Michigan St, Lake City, FL 32025The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with patients expressing their appreciation for the attentive and caring staff. One specific counselor, John, is commended for his helpfulness and positive attitude. However, one reviewer mentions a significant wait time of 3 months for an appointment, which could be a potential drawback for potential patients.
- Friendly and caring staff who listen to your problems and try their best to help.
- Positive experiences with both doctors and counselors, particularly John who is described as "awesome."
New Season Treatment Center – Jacksonville
4427 Emerson St Building 4, Jacksonville, FL 32207Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive. Patients appreciate the caring counselors, generous take-home policies, and the effectiveness of Methadone in treating opioid addiction. Some specific counselors, such as Regina and Kendra, are mentioned for their exceptional care and support. The staff is described as non-judgmental and professional, and the facility is praised for its renovations and efficient check-in system. However, there are some mentions of overcrowding and occasional issues with certain counselors.
- The counselors at this Methadone treatment center are caring, supportive, and truly make an effort to help their patients. They provide emotional support and are willing to increase medication doses if needed.
- The staff at this treatment center is described as great, helpful, and professional. They ensure the health and safety of patients and are available to assist with any concerns or questions.
- The clinic is commended for its non-judgmental and kind approach towards patients. The staff is described as friendly, respectful, and understanding, making patients feel comfortable and supported during their recovery journey.
New Season Treatment Center – Quad County
216 NE 1st Ave, Ocala, FL 34470Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients express gratitude for the program, praising the caring staff, counselors, and nurses who go above and beyond to support them in their recovery journey. The center is known for its knowledgeable and compassionate staff, with many patients noting that it has truly saved their lives. Some reviewers mention the inconvenience of the daily commute, but this is overshadowed by the positive experiences they've had at the center.
- Highly effective treatment program: Many reviewers have mentioned that this Methadone treatment center has been the most successful for them in their journey towards sobriety. They appreciate the effectiveness of the program and how it has helped them turn their lives around.
- Caring and knowledgeable staff: The counselors, nurses, and director of the center have received praise for being compassionate, nonjudgmental, and genuinely caring about the patients. They take the time to listen, remember details, and go above and beyond to provide the best care possible.
- Resourceful and patient-oriented approach: Reviewers appreciate that the center prioritizes patient care and safety. They mention that if the center cannot provide the specific help or treatment a patient needs, they don't hesitate to find the appropriate resources and connect the patient with the right professionals. This shows a patient-centered approach that puts the well-being of the individual above all else.
New Season Treatment Center – Pensacola
2420 S Hwy 29, Cantonment, FL 32533Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers praise the staff, including counselors, nurses, and the director, for being caring, helpful, and dedicated to their recovery. The new management has significantly improved the operations of the center, reducing wait times and providing a more organized and efficient experience. The center is also noted for accepting debit cards as payment, which is convenient for patients. Some reviewers mention specific counselors who have made a significant positive impact on their treatment. There is also mention of the center offering various treatment options beyond just Methadone. However, there are a few negative reviews, mostly regarding past experiences with previous management. It is clear that the recent changes have resulted in a greatly improved facility that is highly recommended by the reviewers.
- Organized and efficient operation: Reviewers mention that this Methadone treatment center is more organized than other clinics they have been to. They appreciate the ease of checking in, paying with debit cards, and the convenient hours offered every day of the week.
- Compassionate and supportive staff: Many reviewers praise the staff, including counselors, nurses, and the doctor, for their caring and helpful attitude. Patients feel genuinely cared for and valued as individuals. Reviewers specifically mention counselors like AJ, Alicia, and Tykeria for their exceptional support and dedication to their patients' recovery.
- Positive changes under new management: Several reviewers highlight positive changes that have occurred under the new management, with the new director, Calvin, being highly praised. These changes include shorter wait times, a recovery-centered attitude, and improved patient relationships. The staff's dedication to helping patients and making their lives better is appreciated.
New Season Treatment Center – Duval
590 Ellis Rd S Building 4, Jacksonville, FL 32254This Methadone treatment center has received positive feedback for its efficient operation and acceptance of VA insurance. The online counseling option and helpful counselors like Stephanie and Ashley have been appreciated by patients. However, some negative comments mentioned issues with staffing and wait times, while others praised the friendly and caring staff who have helped them regain control of their lives. Overall, the clinic is seen as a life-saving resource for those seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- Accepts VA insurance: This clinic is one of the few that accepts payment from VA insurance, saving veterans a significant amount of money.
- Advanced treatment options: The clinic follows the newest treatment protocol with minimal "strings attached," recommended by professionals. They even offer online counseling, providing flexibility for working individuals.
- Caring and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff, including counselors and nurses, were friendly, helpful, and professional. They create a welcoming and supportive atmosphere, making patients feel comfortable and cared for.
North Florida Comprehensive Treatment Center
6639 Southpoint Pkwy Suite 108, Jacksonville, FL 32216The methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Many reviewers praise the professionalism, cleanliness, and friendly staff of the clinic. The center is recommended for those who are serious about recovery and want to get off methadone or other opiates. However, there are some minor complaints about issues with bottle supply and scheduling, but overall, the clinic is highly recommended and seen as a lifesaving place for recovery.
- Professional and clean environment with zero tolerance for violence, drugs, or selling dope on the property.
- Caring and friendly staff who genuinely want to make a difference in clients' lives and provide prompt, respectful, and cordial service.
- Highly recommended by multiple reviewers, with many expressing gratitude for the opportunity to receive treatment at this clinic.
MedMark Treatment Centers Jacksonville
5600 Spring Park Rd #101, Jacksonville, FL 32216The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and compassionate staff, minimal wait times, and overall helpfulness of the clinic. Some express a desire for insurance coverage and affordability. Overall, the center is recommended for its efficient and respectful service.
- Caring and compassionate staff who truly care about their patients.
- Small clinic with short wait times, making it convenient for patients to pick up their medication.
- Friendly and helpful staff who provide fast and respectful service.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started