Methadone Treatment Centers Near Yulee, FL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3340 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Yulee. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Yulee, FL
New Season Treatment Center – Jacksonville
4427 Emerson St Building 4, Jacksonville, FL 32207Reviewers praised the Methadone treatment center for its caring counselors who provide support and assistance, and the generous policy on take-home doses. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and helping them overcome opioid addiction. The staff members are described as professional, non-judgmental, and willing to go above and beyond in their care for patients.
- The counselors at this center are caring and supportive, providing a safe space for patients to talk about their struggles and receive the help they need.
- The center is generous when it comes to giving out take-home doses, and they have flexible policies when it comes to urine drug tests. They also prioritize patient safety and well-being in their treatment plans.
New Season Treatment Center – Daytona
1823 Business Park Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114Overall, there are mixed reviews about this Methadone treatment center. Some reviewers noted that the center could be run more professionally and expressed concerns about favoritism and inconsistent rules. However, there were positive reviews about the helpful and caring staff, the effectiveness of the treatment, and the convenience of the center. Some reviewers also mentioned that the lines can get long and there have been instances of people cutting in line.
- The staff, including nurses and counselors, are highly regarded for their kindness and helpfulness.
- The center has been successful in keeping individuals clean and helping them stay off drugs, with some clients reporting being clean for several years.
New Season Treatment Center – Duval
590 Ellis Rd S Building 4, Jacksonville, FL 32254This Methadone treatment center specializes in treating opioid addiction and is used by the Veteran's Administration for veterans. They offer online counseling options and have been praised for their advanced treatment methods. The staff is generally described as friendly and helpful, although some concerns have been raised about understaffing and delays in refund processing. Overall, many patients credit the clinic with saving their lives and providing them with a supportive environment.
- Accepts VA insurance: This clinic is one of the few that the Veteran's Administration uses for veterans, making it a convenient option for those with VA insurance.
- Online counseling available: The clinic offers telecounseling through video calling, allowing working individuals to have a video conference at a time when they are off work, making treatment more accessible.
North Florida Comprehensive Treatment Center
6639 Southpoint Pkwy Suite 108, Jacksonville, FL 32216This Methadone treatment center is highly praised by reviewers. The staff is described as professional, caring, and friendly. The clinic is clean and well-managed, with a fair price for treatment. Many reviewers credit the center with helping them overcome addiction and live a normal life. However, there were a few minor issues mentioned, such as occasional supply shortages and scheduling quirks. Overall, the majority of reviewers highly recommend this clinic for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Well-run clinic with friendly and professional staff
- Clean and well-maintained facility
- Affordable pricing, especially for those without insurance
MedMark Treatment Centers Jacksonville
5600 Spring Park Rd #101, Jacksonville, FL 32216The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with patients highlighting the caring and friendly staff, short wait times, and the overall effectiveness of the treatment. Some reviewers expressed concern about the cost and hoped for insurance coverage in the future. Overall, the center is praised for its efficient service and supportive environment.
- Caring and compassionate staff who truly care about their patients.
- Short wait times and efficient service for picking up medication.
- Friendly and helpful nursing staff and doctors on hand to provide additional support and treatment.
Pathways Rehab & Suboxone Clinic
7999 Philips Hwy #305, Jacksonville, FL 32256The majority of the reviews highly praise the Methadone treatment center and its staff. The doctors, particularly Dr. Nields, are described as understanding, accommodating, and genuinely caring about their patients. The staff, including Angie, is commended for their promptness, kindness, and support throughout the treatment process. Overall, the center is seen as a life-changing and supportive environment for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Friendly and Accommodating Staff: According to multiple reviews, the doctors and staff members at this Methadone treatment center are described as friendly, caring, and understanding. They go above and beyond to accommodate patients' needs, including flexible scheduling and working with patients on costs.
- Supportive and Professional Doctors: One specific doctor, Dr. Nields, is mentioned multiple times as being amazing, helpful, and understanding. He takes the time to listen to patients' needs, carefully provides doses, and genuinely cares about the issue of addiction. The doctors at this center are described as supportive, knowledgeable, and kind.
- Life-Changing Impact: Several reviews mention that this treatment center has been a life-saver and life-changer for them. The staff and doctors are commended for their positive impact on patients' lives, offering support and helping individuals on their journey to sobriety.
Buprenorphine Treatment Centers, Inc
1855 Wells Rd #4, Orange Park, FL 32073The reviewers are extremely satisfied with their experience at the Methadone treatment center. They highlight the helpful and supportive attitude of the staff, particularly Steph and Burt, and express gratitude for finding the center. Overall, the reviewers highly recommend the center for its outstanding doctors and assistance in dealing with addiction.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers mention that the doctors and staff at the center are supportive and readily available to assist with any issues.
- Positive patient experiences: Reviewers express happiness and satisfaction with their treatment at the center, indicating that it has successfully helped them with their opioid addiction.
River Region Human Services
2141 Loch Rane Blvd, Orange Park, FL 32073The Orange Park location of the Methadone treatment center is highly preferred by one reviewer due to its improved environment and lack of drama. Another review highlights the diverse and helpful community present at the center. It is mentioned in another review that the center aids in addiction recovery by providing medication and therapy, ensuring individuals do not experience withdrawal symptoms. Lastly, the center is described as fast, easy, and confidential, offering ample support for recovering opioid addicts.
- Drama-free and respectful environment: Multiple reviewers mention that this Methadone treatment center provides a welcoming and drama-free atmosphere, where clients are respectful to one another and there is no negative behavior like cussing.
- Helpful and supportive staff: The center is praised for offering support and assistance for clients dealing with addiction. They provide medications as well as therapy to ensure clients are not left to suffer alone.
- Fast, easy, and confidential: Reviewers mention that the center is efficient and confidential, making the process of receiving treatment for opioid addiction straightforward and hassle-free.
439 SW Michigan St, Lake City, FL 32025The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with patients expressing gratitude for the caring and attentive staff. One specific counselor, John, is highly praised for his helpfulness and positive attitude. However, there is a mention of a long wait time for appointments, with one reviewer waiting for three months.
- Attentive and caring staff: The center is praised for having doctors and counselors who genuinely listen to their patients' problems and provide support and assistance in any way they can.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere: Reviewers appreciate the kindness and friendliness of the staff, noting that they create a positive environment that helps patients feel comfortable during their treatment.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started