Methadone Treatment Centers Near Albany, GA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1326 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Albany. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Albany, GA
New Day Treatment Center
2563 M.L.K. Jr Dr SW, Atlanta, GA 30311Overall, the Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews about the caring and friendly staff who genuinely care about the patients. Some specific staff members, such as Dr. Timothy Young and Tasha, are mentioned as particularly helpful. The center is also praised for its fast and efficient service, with extended dosing hours until 2 p.m. However, there is a mention of a negative experience with guest dosing fees, and some concern about certain individuals being more focused on money.
- The staff is caring and supportive, providing help and understanding to patients in need.
- The clinic offers flexible dosing hours, including dosing until 2 p.m., making it convenient for patients.
- The clinic is fast and efficient in processing paperwork and accommodating guest dosing.
The Genesis Center of Winder
206 E Broad St, Winder, GA 30680The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. The staff, particularly the owner Debbie, is praised for their caring, empathetic, and non-judgmental approach. The facility is described as clean, comfortable, and welcoming. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and highly recommend it for anyone seeking help with opioid addiction.
- The staff and owner are described as caring, compassionate, and supportive. They go above and beyond to help patients and make them feel comfortable.
- The facility is clean, new, and well-maintained.
- The treatment center is highly recommended by multiple reviewers, indicating a positive overall experience and successful recovery journeys.
4255 Chamblee Tucker Rd, Doraville, GA 30340The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews for its caring and respectful staff. Patients appreciate the welcoming and judgment-free environment, as well as the short wait times. The staff is commended for their kindness, respect, and willingness to listen to patients' needs. The center is highly recommended for individuals seeking effective opioid addiction treatment.
- Caring and compassionate staff who treat addicts with dignity and respect.
- Short lines and efficient service.
- Warm and inviting environment with a supportive and respectful staff.
Loganville Comprehensive Treatment Center
3543 Hwy 81 #201, Loganville, GA 30052The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as welcoming, caring, and respectful. Patients appreciate the efficient and quick service, as well as the professional environment. The clinic is highly recommended for those struggling with drug addiction.
- Warm and welcoming staff who genuinely care about their patients.
- Courteous and respectful staff who don't talk down to patients.
- Quick and efficient service with minimal wait times.
- Knowledgeable and compassionate staff who provide excellent treatment.
- Clean and professional environment.
New Hope Clinic, Cordele
215 E 13th Ave, Cordele, GA 31015New Hope, the Methadone treatment center, receives high praise from a customer who is thankful for the therapy and support received from therapist Melanie, as well as the assistance provided by Sherri and Jodi in obtaining the correct medications. Another reviewer describes the center as their safe place, expressing love for their experiences and the comforting staff. A third reviewer appreciates the staff's friendliness and availability when needed.
- Excellent therapy support with a caring and understanding therapist named Melanie.
- Comforting and safe environment with a supportive staff.
- Responsive and available staff for prompt assistance.
Cumming Comprehensive Treatment Center
514 W Maple St #1206, Cumming, GA 30040Overall, the Methadone treatment center in Cummings, GA is praised for its friendly and helpful staff who treat patients with respect. The center is commended for its convenient hours and the caring environment it provides. However, there are some concerns about difficulties in reaching the clinic by phone, especially for out-of-town patients.
- The staff is courteous, helpful, and treats individuals with respect and dignity, not as addicts or customers.
- The clinic has some of the best staff and convenient hours of operation.
- The treatment center provides a caring environment that caters to individual needs.
Behavioral Health Group - Albany, GA
2607 Ledo Rd, Albany, GA 31707The staff at this Methadone treatment center are highly praised for their respectful and supportive approach to helping individuals with opioid addiction. The program is well-organized and offers a better alternative to cold turkey withdrawal, with the added benefit of being able to assist individuals addicted to heroin. While no further details are provided, overall, the services offered at the center are considered good.
- The staff are highly praised for their respectful and non-judgmental treatment approach.
- The program is well-organized and offers a more comfortable alternative to going through cold turkey withdrawal or suffering from withdrawals. They also provide help for people addicted to heroin and offer the Suboxone program.
Behavioral Health Group - Jackson, GA
794 McDonough Rd #104, Jackson, GA 30233This Methadone treatment center has a friendly and helpful staff who are involved in helping patients get better. The center is professional, caring, and focused on recovery, not getting high. The counselors are kind-hearted and the front desk receptionist is always welcoming. Overall, the staff treats patients with respect and makes them feel good about seeking help.
- Friendly and helpful staff who are involved in helping clients get better.
- Professional and caring environment focused on recovery from opiate addiction.
- No long lines or wait times for doses, efficient and well-run clinic.
412 W Tift Ave, Albany, GA 31701Reviewers generally spoke positively about Graceway, highlighting the staff's availability and their ability to tailor a program that promotes recovery. However, there were also mentions of intense ups and downs, as well as potential manipulation of emotions during therapy sessions. Overall, residents praised the center for providing a transformative experience and credited it for their personal growth and sobriety.
- Tailored program and plan of recovery: The Methadone treatment center at Graceway is praised for its ability to tailor a program and plan of recovery specifically for each individual. This personalized approach can be effective in helping patients achieve sobriety.
- Supportive and caring staff: The staff at Graceway is described as nice, available, supportive, and caring. Many reviewers mention how the staff loved and accepted them, encouraged their personal growth, and treated them like family. This level of support can be crucial for individuals struggling with addiction.
- Life-changing experience: Multiple reviewers credit Graceway with saving their lives and transforming them for the better. They mention that the program at Graceway provided them with the tools they needed to stay sober, develop a strong bond with their higher power, and make positive changes in their lives.
Archbold Northside Center for Behavioral Health and Psychiatric Care
401 Albany Rd, Thomasville, GA 31792The employees at the Methadone treatment center are praised for being thoughtful and caring, with customers encouraging them to continue their great work.
- Thoughtful and caring employees
- Great customer service
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started