Methadone Treatment Centers Near Columbus, GA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2029 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Columbus. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Columbus, GA
Columbus Metro Treatment Center
1135 13th St, Columbus, GA 31901The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as amazing, caring, and compassionate. They are praised for their friendliness, non-judgmental attitude, and genuine care for patients. Nurse Sonya and counselor Ms. Poole are specifically mentioned as standout individuals, with patients expressing their gratitude for their support and care. Overall, the clinic is highly recommended for its effective treatment and supportive staff.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is highly praised for being amazing, kind, compassionate, and non-judgmental. They are described as genuine and caring individuals who make patients feel comfortable and supported.
- Nurse Sonya is specifically mentioned as being exceptional and going above and beyond to ensure the well-being of patients. Her dedication and care are highlighted as reasons for choosing this clinic.
- The program and treatment offered at the clinic are effective, with several reviewers mentioning that the Methadone treatment has helped them overcome cravings and improve their lives. The staff is commended for their support in the recovery process.
MedMark Treatment Centers Columbus North
5617 Princeton Ave Suite B, Columbus, GA 31904The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who have found it helpful in their recovery from opioid addiction. Many reviewers commend the caring and compassionate staff, including the administrators, counselors, nurses, and other employees. The center is praised for providing a supportive and non-judgmental environment, offering individual counseling, group sessions, and valuable support during difficult times. Patients express gratitude for the positive impact the center has had on their lives, stating that it has saved them from addiction and helped them rebuild their lives.
- The staff and counselors are friendly, caring, and supportive.
- The clinic offers assigned counselors and individualized treatment plans.
- The administrator and staff are knowledgeable, involved, and treat patients with respect and dignity.
Freedom Center LLC - Bremen, GA
1021 Alabama Ave, Bremen, GA 30110The Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its kind and supportive staff, including Mrs. Dana and Mrs. Donna. Dr. Richardson is described as helpful, concerned about patients' medications, and strictly follows the law. The clinic is known for being respectful, offering advice and encouragement, and prioritizing patients' recovery by encouraging dosage reduction. Overall, the center is recommended for its caring staff and commitment to helping individuals struggling with opiate addiction.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are described as kind and supportive, going above and beyond for their patients' recovery.
- The doctors at the center are highly recommended for their expertise, adherence to prescribing guidelines, and genuine concern for the well-being of their patients.
- The center is commended for helping patients with opioid addiction by providing advice, encouragement, and a respectful approach.
Loganville Comprehensive Treatment Center
3543 Hwy 81 #201, Loganville, GA 30052The Methadone treatment center mentioned in the reviews receives high praise for its warm and welcoming staff, with particular praise for the director, Mrs. Denise. The facility is described as clean and the entire staff is respectful and helpful. Patients appreciate the efficient and fast service, with most being in and out within 5-10 minutes. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those struggling with drug addiction.
- Warm and welcoming staff who genuinely care about the patients' well-being.
- Courteous and respectful treatment, with no condescending attitudes.
- Efficient and quick service, with short wait times and fast dosing process.
- Knowledgeable staff who effectively manage opioid addiction and pain.
- Compassionate and caring environment focused on saving lives.
New Day Treatment Center
2563 M.L.K. Jr Dr SW, Atlanta, GA 30311The New Day Treatment Center received mostly positive reviews, with many patients praising the caring and friendly staff. Some highlighted specific staff members, such as Dr. Timothy Young, Sarah, Tasha, Wendy, and Tom, for their exceptional care and support. The center was commended for its efficiency and helpfulness in assisting with paperwork and guest dosing. There were a few comments about certain individuals appearing to prioritize money over patient care, and one review suggested that some reviews may be biased. Overall, the majority of patients expressed gratitude for the New Day Treatment Center, stating that it has made a positive impact on their lives.
- Caring and supportive staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center genuinely care about their patients and take the time to understand their needs. This factor can be important for individuals seeking a supportive and understanding environment in their recovery journey.
- Fast and efficient service: Reviewers appreciate the prompt and efficient service provided by this treatment center. They mention quick dosing and paperwork processing, which can be beneficial for individuals seeking convenience and time-saving measures in their treatment.
- Friendly atmosphere: Several reviews mention the friendly and welcoming atmosphere at the treatment center. Patients feel comfortable and supported by the staff, which can contribute to a positive treatment experience.
- Helpful counselors: Some reviewers specifically mention the counselors as being caring and providing valuable support during their treatment. This aspect can be beneficial for individuals who value strong relationships with their counselors and find it essential to their recovery journey.
The Genesis Center of Winder
206 E Broad St, Winder, GA 30680The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from customers. Patients praise the caring and compassionate staff, particularly the owner Debbie, for going above and beyond to help them on their recovery journey. The facility is described as clean and welcoming, and the doctors and counselors are highly regarded for their expertise and support. Overall, customers highly recommend The Genesis Center for Methadone treatment and express gratitude for the positive impact it has had on their lives.
- Friendly and caring staff: The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as amazing, kind, understanding, and compassionate. They are praised for their empathy and for making patients feel loved and heard.
- Clean and well-maintained facility: The facility is consistently described as clean and brand new, providing a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
4255 Chamblee Tucker Rd, Doraville, GA 30340The reviews indicate that the Methadone treatment center is highly regarded by patients. The staff is described as caring, understanding, respectful, and supportive. The center is praised for its welcoming environment, short wait times, and positive attitude towards medication-assisted treatment. Overall, patients feel valued and well-treated at this facility.
- Caring and respectful staff who treat patients with dignity, regardless of their addiction status.
- Short lines and efficient service.
- Warm and inviting environment with a supportive and non-judgmental atmosphere.
- Staff members are willing to listen and address any concerns or issues.
- Flexibility in accepting patients with legal prescriptions from other doctors.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started