Methadone Treatment Centers Near Commerce, GA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2211 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Commerce. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Commerce, GA
DM & ADR, Inc.
1710 Commerce Rd, Athens, GA 30607The reviews for the Methadone treatment center in Athens, Georgia are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers mention the caring and supportive staff who go out of their way to help patients. The clinic is praised for its professionalism and compassionate approach towards patients struggling with opioid addiction. Several reviewers also mention that the facility accepts Medicaid and Medicare, making treatment more accessible to a wider range of individuals. Overall, the clinic is described as a life-saving and highly recommended option for those seeking help with their recovery.
- Family owned and operated with small town values of acceptance.
- No judgment and compassionate treatment from staff.
- Accommodating and helpful counselors and administration staff.
- Life-saving treatment that cures opioid dependence.
- Staff that goes above and beyond to support recovery.
- Professional and caring staff who prioritize the well-being of patients.
- Accepts Medicaid and Medicare.
- Friendly and helpful employees who genuinely care about patients' recovery.
The Genesis Center of Winder
206 E Broad St, Winder, GA 30680The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients have praised the staff for their kindness, compassion, and dedication to their recovery. The center is described as clean, welcoming, and professional. Many reviewers specifically mention the owner, Debbie, and her team as being exceptional in providing quality care. Overall, the center is highly recommended for individuals seeking help with their opioid addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as friendly, loving, and kind, making patients feel comfortable and welcomed.
- The owner, Debbie, is highly praised for her caring and empathetic nature, going above and beyond to help and support patients.
Robert W Dail Memorial Treatment Center
734 Hospital Rd, Commerce, GA 30529The Dail Memorial Treatment Center is praised by many reviewers for their supportive and non-judgmental staff. The counselors, including Rebecca and Julie, are particularly mentioned for their kind and effective approach. The center is credited with changing lives and helping people find sobriety with its great staff and quick service.
- Friendly and supportive staff - According to multiple reviews, the staff at Dail Memorial Treatment Center are described as amazing, nice, and welcoming. They provide a non-judgmental atmosphere and are supportive in helping patients recover from addiction.
- Dedicated counselors - The counselors at Dail Memorial Treatment Center are praised for their effectiveness in helping patients. They are described as easy to talk to, helpful in times of mistakes or relapse, and instrumental in patients' success on the road to recovery.
- Life-changing experience - Patients have mentioned that Dail Memorial Treatment Center has had a positive impact on their lives. The treatment center has helped them regain their life, feel better, and return to a sense of normalcy.
Loganville Comprehensive Treatment Center
3543 Hwy 81 #201, Loganville, GA 30052The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Reviewers consistently mention the warm and welcoming staff, the cleanliness of the center, and the compassionate and caring treatment they receive. Many reviewers also mention the quick and efficient service, with short wait times and the ability to be in and out of the center within minutes. Overall, this center is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Friendly, welcoming staff who genuinely care about the well-being of their patients.
- Quick and efficient service, with short wait times for dosing and appointments.
- Knowledgeable and compassionate counselors who treat patients with respect.
Alliance Recovery Center, Athens
119 Sycamore Dr, Athens, GA 30606The Alliance Recovery Center is highly praised by many reviewers who found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The counselors are described as caring and dedicated to the success of their clients' recovery. The center is commended for its clean facility and efficient service.
- Friendly and helpful staff who genuinely care about clients' recovery and success in the program.
- Personalized treatment plans that are tailored to individual goals and needs.
- Clean and safe environment with enforced regulations.
4255 Chamblee Tucker Rd, Doraville, GA 30340The reviews mention that the staff at the Methadone treatment center are caring, respectful, and understanding towards the patients. They create a welcoming and non-judgmental environment for the patients. The center is highly recommended for its supportive and friendly staff, short wait times, and willingness to accommodate patients' needs.
- Caring and respectful staff: The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as compassionate, respectful, and treating addicts with dignity.
- Short lines and welcoming environment: Patients appreciate that the lines are short and feel welcomed and comfortable at this treatment center.
- Supportive and understanding: The staff is described as understanding, patient, and providing a warm and inviting environment. Patients feel supported in their treatment journey.
MedMark Treatment Centers Blairsville, GA
20 Commerce Dr, Blairsville, GA 30512The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers mentioned specific counselors who were caring, compassionate, and instrumental in their recovery. The staff at the center were praised for going above and beyond to help patients, and the overall atmosphere was described as welcoming and professional. One reviewer expressed skepticism about the nature of the treatment center, but the majority of reviews praised the center for helping them overcome addiction and regain control of their lives.
- Highly skilled and compassionate counselors: Multiple reviewers praised specific counselors for being understanding, compassionate, and genuinely caring about patients' well-being.
- Exceptional staff and welcoming environment: Reviewers consistently mentioned that the staff at this treatment center is friendly, welcoming, and goes above and beyond to help patients. The atmosphere is described as professional and homelike.
- Strong positive impact on patients' lives: Numerous reviewers mentioned that the treatment center has helped them overcome addiction and regain control of their lives, often feeling grateful for the support and guidance provided by the staff.
Atlanta Metro Treatment Center
6500 McDonough Dr NW Suite B2, Norcross, GA 30093The overall sentiment of the reviews is very positive, with multiple mentions of helpful and supportive staff. Reggie and Heather were specifically praised for their dedication and guidance throughout the treatment process. The clinic was commended for its efficient and non-intrusive atmosphere, with one reviewer mentioning that they would refer others to the clinic.
- Dedicated and supportive counselors: Reggie and Heather are highly praised for their long-term commitment, accountability, encouragement, and guidance in maintaining sobriety.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The clinic is described as having a great staff who are courteous, take the time to walk patients through the process, answer questions, and provide excellent support.
- Effective treatment: The clinic is commended for its great support system, with counselors, service, doctors, and nurses all contributing to successful treatment for those who are dedicated to their recovery.
The Athens Area Commencement Center
1175 Mitchell Bridge Rd, Athens, GA 30606The Athens Area Commencement Center (AACC) is highly recommended by reviewers for its great staff, safe recovery environment, and effective outpatient program. The staff at AACC is described as kind, genuine, committed, and knowledgeable, providing comprehensive care and support. Many reviewers credit AACC with saving their lives, changing their families' lives, and providing the necessary education and tools for long-term recovery.
- Great staff that provides safe recovery, with daily checks on vitals and mental stability.
- Comprehensive treatment plan that is effective for long-term recovery, with a focus on individuals and their support system. The staff is kind, genuine, committed, and real, offering a sense of welcoming and support that makes even clients who have relapsed feel comfortable returning. Graduates have seen life-changing results and understand that recovery is a long-term commitment.
- Top-notch facility with a dedicated and knowledgeable staff that goes above and beyond to help clients manage their recovery. The center provides the tools and education necessary to begin a new life in recovery and has a track record of success.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started