Methadone Treatment Centers Near Duluth, GA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1883 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Duluth. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Duluth, GA
Fast MD Suboxone Clinic Suwanee Georgia
3473 Lawrenceville-Suwanee Rd suite d, Suwanee, GA 30024The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are generally positive. Patients appreciate the caring and attentive nature of the staff, including the doctors and receptionists. The doctors are described as knowledgeable and willing to listen to patients' concerns. The center is also praised for its quick and efficient service, as well as the personal attention given to each patient. Some reviewers specifically commend the doctor for not pushing Methadone treatment and being open to alternative options like Suboxone. Overall, the feedback indicates that this treatment center provides a supportive and compassionate environment for individuals seeking assistance with opioid addiction.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendliness and welcoming attitude of the staff, making patients feel comfortable and supported during their treatment.
- Personalized and attentive care: Several reviews mention that Dr. Gupta takes the time to listen to patients, asks about their well-being, and addresses both physical and mental health concerns. This personalized care is highly valued by patients.
- Quick and efficient service: One review specifically mentions the quick and efficient service provided by Dr. Gupta's office, allowing patients to receive the medical assistance they need in a timely manner.
New Day Treatment Center
2563 M.L.K. Jr Dr SW, Atlanta, GA 30311Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and friendly staff, especially Dr. Timothy Young and Tasha. The center is praised for its helpfulness, fast service, and expediting paperwork. However, there are a couple of negative comments about certain individuals seeming more focused on money rather than patient care.
- The staff and doctors at the Methadone treatment center are caring and supportive, making patients feel valued and understood.
- The center is efficient and proactive in helping patients transition and receive their medication, even when dealing with paperwork and coordination between different clinics.
- The clinic has friendly and helpful staff, creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
HealthQwest Frontiers | Buford
4271 S Lee St #101, Buford, GA 30518The Methadone treatment center in Buford, Georgia has received positive reviews for its caring and considerate staff who go out of their way to help patients. The clinic is praised for providing resources beyond just medication, including counseling, support, and assistance in finding jobs. The facility is described as clean and professional, with friendly and quick service.
- Staff is friendly, caring, and genuinely wants to help patients with their recovery.
- The clinic provides counseling and support in addition to medication, helping patients achieve a better lifestyle.
- Quick and efficient service, with minimal wait times for dosing.
Loganville Comprehensive Treatment Center
3543 Hwy 81 #201, Loganville, GA 30052Overall, the reviews of this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the warm and welcoming atmosphere, as well as the caring and compassionate staff. The center is described as clean and professional, with quick and efficient service. The staff is praised for their knowledge of opioid addiction and their commitment to providing quality care. The only negative point mentioned is the price of a particular test.
- The staff is welcoming, caring, and treats patients with respect.
- The center provides fast service, with short wait times and quick dosing.
- The staff is knowledgeable and provides excellent treatment for opioid addiction.
Atlanta Metro Treatment Center
6500 McDonough Dr NW Suite B2, Norcross, GA 30093The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The counselors, Reggie and Heather, have been praised for their support, guidance, and dedication to helping individuals maintain sobriety. The staff is described as helpful, courteous, and respectful, making the center a welcoming and supportive environment for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Dedicated and supportive counselors: The clinic has counselors like Reggie who have been commended for their consistent support, guidance, and accountability in helping individuals on their sobriety journey.
- Compassionate and caring staff: Heather and other staff members are praised for their level of care and support, going above and beyond to ensure the well-being of patients, even outside of methadone treatment.
- Helpful and courteous staff: Reviewers appreciate the helpful and respectful nature of the clinic's staff, who take the time to ease anxiety and address any questions or concerns during the treatment process.
The Genesis Center of Winder
206 E Broad St, Winder, GA 30680The Methadone treatment center received glowing reviews from multiple customers. The staff, including the owner Debbie, were praised for their compassion, empathy, and dedication to patients' recovery. The facility was described as clean and welcoming, and the overall experience was deemed life-saving and transformative.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the Methadone treatment center are friendly, loving, and kind. They make patients feel comfortable, welcome, and supported throughout their recovery journey.
- Clean and well-maintained facility: Many reviews praise the cleanliness and appearance of the treatment center. The facility is described as brand new, clean, and peaceful, creating a comfortable and cozy environment for patients.
- Personalized and compassionate care: Reviewers highlight the personalized care and understanding provided by the staff, including the owner, counselors, nurses, and doctors. They are described as compassionate, non-judgmental, and willing to go above and beyond to meet the individual needs of each patient.
4255 Chamblee Tucker Rd, Doraville, GA 30340The Methadone treatment center at GPA is highly praised for its compassionate and respectful staff who treat addicts with dignity. The counselors and administrators are described as kind, understanding, and patient, creating a warm and inviting environment. Clients appreciate the short lines, the supportive atmosphere, and the willingness of the staff to work with them in their recovery journey.
- Caring and respectful staff: The facility is praised for its compassionate and respectful treatment of patients, providing them with the dignity they deserve.
- Supportive and welcoming environment: Patients feel welcomed and supported at the treatment center, with staff members who are understanding, patient, and non-judgmental.
- Open and friendly communication: The staff, including administrators and counselors, are described as open, cordial, and willing to discuss any problems or issues patients may have.
Medicine Wheel Clinic
85 Auburn Park Dr, Auburn, GA 30011The Medicine Wheel Clinic is highly recommended by multiple reviewers. The staff is described as kind, caring, and non-judgmental, making patients feel comfortable and understood. The clinic offers affordable treatment options, hardship programs, and a friendly and connected environment. Overall, it is seen as a fantastic place to start the journey to recovery from opioid addiction.
- Staff is kind, caring, and non-judgmental.
- Affordable with hardship programs and flexible payment options.
- Offers hope and compassion, provides medically supervised support in recovery journey.
Cumming Comprehensive Treatment Center
514 W Maple St #1206, Cumming, GA 30040The overall sentiment of the reviews is positive, with the staff being praised for their helpfulness and treating patients with respect. However, there are some concerns about communication and being able to reach the center by phone. Overall, the center is described as a caring environment that meets the needs of its patients.
- The staff is described as very courteous, helpful, and treating patients with respect.
- The center has flexible and convenient hours, making it easier for patients to access treatment.
- The environment is described as nice, caring, and personalized to cater to the individual needs of patients.
Cartersville Comprehensive Treatment Center
218 Stonewall St, Cartersville, GA 30120This Methadone treatment center is highly praised by some reviewers who credit it with saving their lives and providing a supportive and professional environment. However, one reviewer mentions a senior staff member who is believed to have too much authority and hinders progress. Overall, the majority of the reviews express satisfaction with the clinic and its program.
- Professional and helpful staff - The center has a knowledgeable and supportive staff who are described as nice, helpful, and professional.
- Positive atmosphere and environment - Recent reviews mention that the atmosphere and environment at the center have improved, creating a more welcoming and positive experience for patients.
- Long-standing and successful program - The center has patients who have been attending for several years, indicating that the program is effective in helping individuals maintain sobriety.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started