Methadone Treatment Centers Near Griffin, GA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2267 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Griffin. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Griffin, GA
1705 Williamson Rd Suite 101, Griffin, GA 30224The majority of the reviews focus on the staff and their caring and friendly nature. Many mention specific individuals, such as Dr. Judith and Lahunda, who are praised for their compassion and expertise. Overall, the reviews highlight the positive experiences, affordability, and efficient service provided by the Methadone treatment center.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff, particularly Dr. Judith and Cindy, as being caring and treating patients with individual attention and care.
- Gentle and skilled nurse: The nurse, Lahunda, is highly praised for her gentleness and skill in administering tests, putting patients at ease during the process.
- Affordable prices and budget-friendly options: The clinic is commended for providing fast and affordable healthcare services, including a budget-friendly weight loss program, making it an accessible option for those without health insurance.
The Genesis Center of Winder
206 E Broad St, Winder, GA 30680The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and compassionate staff, particularly the owner, Debbie. They feel welcomed, supported, and not judged. The facility is described as clean and comfortable, with a friendly and professional atmosphere.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are described as amazing, caring, and compassionate.
- The facility is clean, comfortable, and welcoming, providing a positive and supportive environment for recovery.
New Day Treatment Center
2563 M.L.K. Jr Dr SW, Atlanta, GA 30311The majority of the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive, with many customers expressing gratitude for the caring and helpful staff. The center is commended for providing fast and efficient service, and some reviewers even consider it a life-saving facility. However, there are mentions of occasional issues with certain staff members prioritizing money, and one reviewer suggests that some of the positive reviews may be boosted by the center itself. Overall, the center is highly recommended for its friendly atmosphere and effective treatment.
- The staff at New Day Treatment Center is caring and supportive, showing genuine concern for their patients.
- The clinic is known for its fast and efficient service, prioritizing the needs of their patients and ensuring a smooth transition from other clinics.
- The atmosphere at the clinic is friendly and welcoming, with staff members who are described as polite, patient, and helpful.
Loganville Comprehensive Treatment Center
3543 Hwy 81 #201, Loganville, GA 30052The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as friendly, welcoming, and caring towards patients, and the clinic is praised for being clean and professional. The center is commended for its efficient service, with short wait times and quick dosing. Overall, patients feel that the center provides excellent treatment and support for their addiction.
- Warm, welcoming staff who genuinely care about the patients' well-being.
- Clean and professional environment with friendly and compassionate staff.
- Efficient and quick service, with minimal waiting time for dosing and appointments.
4255 Chamblee Tucker Rd, Doraville, GA 30340The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who emphasize the caring, respectful, and compassionate nature of the staff. The facility is known for treating addicts with dignity and without judgment. Many patients appreciate the welcoming environment, the short lines, and the supportive counselors. Patients also value the open-door policy of the administrator who is willing to address any concerns or issues. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking effective treatment for opioid addiction.
- Compassionate and respectful staff who treat addicts with dignity.
- Warm and inviting environment with no judgment.
- Supportive and caring staff who go above and beyond to help clients in their treatment journey.
Atlanta Metro Treatment Center
6500 McDonough Dr NW Suite B2, Norcross, GA 30093The majority of reviewers seem to have a positive experience with this Methadone treatment center. They highlight the helpfulness and dedication of specific staff members, particularly Reggie and Heather. The staff is described as supportive, respectful, and knowledgeable, making the center a good place for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Dedicated and supportive counselors: Reggie and Heather are praised for their consistent support and guidance throughout the recovery journey. They are seen as instrumental in helping patients stay accountable and maintain their sobriety.
- Helpful and courteous staff: The staff members are described as helpful, courteous, and respectful. They take the time to answer questions and walk patients through the treatment process, making them feel at ease, especially for those who are new to the clinic.
- Effective treatment and support: Patients mention that the clinic provides great support and that someone seriously seeking help can find it here. The counselors, service, doctors, and nurses are all commended for their effectiveness in providing care for opioid addiction treatment.
New Horizons Treatment Center
36 Chateau Dr SE, Rome, GA 30161The Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews for its staff, who are described as welcoming, caring, and professional. Many reviewers mention specific counselors that they recommend, such as Haily and Lauren. The center is also praised for its reception and nursing staff. Overall, reviewers express gratitude for the center's help and credit it for their progress in overcoming addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are highly professional and make patients feel comfortable and respected.
- The center has a caring and supportive staff, with counselors who go above and beyond to help patients on their journey to recovery.
- The reception, nursing, and counseling staff are wonderful, which contributes to a positive treatment experience for patients.
Consecrated Care Inc
217 Arrowhead Blvd # B1, Jonesboro, GA 30236This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and accommodating staff, with specific mentions of Janessa and the receptionist. The center is praised for its effectiveness in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction and provides a supportive environment for recovery. Reviewers have been attending the center for several years, highlighting the longevity and reliability of the treatment provided.
- Life-saving treatment: Many reviewers express gratitude for the Methadone treatment center, stating that it has saved their lives and helped them recover from opioid addiction.
- Caring and accommodating staff: Reviewers appreciate the caring and understanding attitude of the staff members, mentioning specific individuals who have been helpful and accommodating, even during challenging circumstances such as a Covid-19 outbreak.
- Continuity of care: Patients mention transferring to and from different clinics but ultimately choosing to return to this particular center due to the consistent, reliable care provided.
Behavioral Health Group - Jackson, GA
794 McDonough Rd #104, Jackson, GA 30233The staff at this Methadone treatment center is praised for being friendly, professional, and caring. They are actively involved in helping patients recover from opioid addiction and have a kind-hearted approach. There are no long waits or lines, and the front desk receptionist is welcoming. Overall, this clinic is highly recommended for treating opiate addiction and is appreciated for treating patients with respect and not making them feel like a number.
- Friendly and professional staff who genuinely care about helping patients recover from addiction.
- Efficient and well-run clinic with no long waits for medication and a welcoming atmosphere.
- Staff and counselors make patients feel valued and supported in their journey towards recovery.
Bright Star Healthcare Group
1545 Pennsylvania Ave, McDonough, GA 30253This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff are praised for being attentive, understanding, and caring. Patients appreciate the confidential and non-judgmental environment, and feel supported in their recovery journey. Overall, this center is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- The staff is caring and compassionate towards patients, providing a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
- The clinic is known for its professionalism and efficiency, with short wait times and timely check-ins.
- Patients feel like they are part of a family and their privacy is respected, creating a comfortable and confidential atmosphere.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started