Methadone Treatment Centers Near LaGrange, GA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2642 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in LaGrange. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near LaGrange, GA
229 S Davis Rd, LaGrange, GA 30241The Methadone treatment center in Lagrange has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive staff, mentioning specific individuals like Sandee, Michelle, Roderick, and Gerron for their exceptional service. The clinic is described as a place where patients can turn their lives around and find the help they need to overcome addiction. The program is praised for its effectiveness in maintaining a productive life and aiding in recovery. Overall, reviewers highly recommend the center for anyone struggling with opioid addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is described as caring, understanding, and accommodating. They are praised for their friendliness, professionalism, and willingness to go above and beyond to help patients.
- Many reviews mention the positive impact this center has had on their lives. Patients express gratitude for the support they have received and credit the center for helping them turn their lives around.
- The program at this center has been successful for many individuals, with multiple reviewers mentioning that it helped them maintain a productive, drug-free life. The Methadone treatment is described as effective in managing withdrawals and cravings, allowing patients to focus on their recovery.
New Day Treatment Center
2563 M.L.K. Jr Dr SW, Atlanta, GA 30311Overall, the Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews for its caring staff and helpful atmosphere. The center is commended for its accommodating dosing hours and fast service. Some reviewers mention specific staff members who have been particularly supportive and friendly.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is caring and supportive, genuinely interested in the well-being of patients.
- The center is efficient and helpful, providing fast service and assistance, especially when it comes to paperwork and transitioning from other clinics.
- The atmosphere at the center is friendly and welcoming, making patients feel comfortable and cared for.
Loganville Comprehensive Treatment Center
3543 Hwy 81 #201, Loganville, GA 30052This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as welcoming, caring, and respectful. Patients appreciate the quick service, reasonable prices, and professional environment. The center is commended for its knowledgeable staff, efficient dosing process, and emphasis on patient well-being. Some reviewers mentioned specific staff members who provided exceptional care. Overall, this clinic is highly recommended for those struggling with drug addiction.
- Warm and welcoming staff who genuinely care about the patients' well-being.
- Short wait times, with most patients in and out within 5-10 minutes.
- Courteous and respectful staff who treat patients like patients, not addicts.
- Reasonable prices compared to other clinics.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff who provide excellent treatment for opioid addiction.
- Clean and professional environment.
- Staff who are compassionate and genuinely concerned about the patients' health and well-being.
Columbus Metro Treatment Center
1135 13th St, Columbus, GA 31901The reviews consistently praise the staff at the Methadone treatment center for being compassionate, caring, and supportive. Multiple reviewers mentioned specific staff members, such as Ms. Lockley, Nurse Sonya, and Ms. Poole, for their exceptional care. The center is described as friendly, non-judgmental, and effective in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction. Overall, reviewers highly recommend this treatment center for its supportive staff and effective program.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is highly praised for their friendliness, compassion, and genuine care for their patients. Many reviewers specifically mention the amazing counselors, nurses, and program directors who provide individualized support and create a welcoming atmosphere.
- Patients appreciate the non-judgmental and supportive environment at this center. Reviewers mention feeling comfortable and safe discussing their thoughts and feelings with the staff, making it easier for them to work through their addiction and achieve success in their recovery journey.
- The clinic is commended for its effectiveness in helping patients overcome cravings and maintain sobriety. Multiple reviewers express gratitude for the life-saving services provided by this treatment center, emphasizing that their decision to choose this clinic has made a significant positive impact on their lives.
Alliance Recovery Center
1116 E Ponce de Leon Ave, Decatur, GA 30030The Alliance Methadone Treatment Center is highly recommended by multiple reviewers. The staff is described as compassionate, professional, and dedicated, providing excellent care and support. Many reviewers mention that the clinic is clean and well-run, and they appreciate the focus not only on medication-based treatment but also on overall recovery and personal growth. Overall, the center is praised for its commitment to helping individuals overcome addiction and rebuild their lives.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable staff who are well-known in the Methadone Maintenance Treatment (MMT) community.
- Efficient and quick processes for guest dosing, avoiding the typical 2+ weeks waiting period at other clinics.
- Caring and compassionate staff who go above and beyond to ensure patients feel supported and safe, especially during difficult times like natural disasters.
The Genesis Center of Winder
206 E Broad St, Winder, GA 30680The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. They praise the friendly and caring staff, specifically mentioning Jessica, the owners, and Debbie. The center is described as clean and welcoming, and patients feel comfortable and supported throughout their recovery journey. The clinic is highly recommended, with patients expressing gratitude for the compassionate and dedicated team.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as amazing, kind, compassionate, and caring. They go above and beyond to make patients feel welcome and supported.
- The facility is consistently described as clean, comfortable, and brand new, providing a peaceful and cozy environment for recovery.
- The owner, Debbie, and her team are highly praised for their dedication to patients' well-being and recovery. They treat patients as individuals, not just numbers or paychecks, and are known for their understanding and empathy.
MedMark Treatment Centers Columbus North
5617 Princeton Ave Suite B, Columbus, GA 31904The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who have found it to be a helpful and supportive environment. The staff, including counselors and nurses, are praised for being friendly, knowledgeable, and caring. Many patients credit the clinic with saving their lives and providing them with the necessary support to overcome addiction. However, there were a few minor complaints about scheduling conflicts and the behavior of some staff members. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- The staff is friendly, caring, and supportive.
- The counselors are knowledgeable and dedicated to helping patients.
- The clinic provides a supportive environment and offers a variety of helpful groups and counseling options.
4255 Chamblee Tucker Rd, Doraville, GA 30340The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from patients who appreciate the caring and respectful staff. The counselors are highly regarded and the overall atmosphere is welcoming and nonjudgmental. The staff is described as supportive and the center is seen as a great place to overcome opioid addiction.
- Staff are caring, compassionate, and treat patients with respect and dignity.
- Lines are short, minimizing wait times.
- Open-door policy and staff are always willing to listen and address any problems or concerns.
- Provides a warm and inviting environment, making patients feel welcomed and comfortable.
- Accepting of patients with legal prescriptions from other doctors, without any issues.
- Supportive and supportive staff that feels like family.
- Patients are not just a number; they receive personalized care and attention.
- Affordable treatment options available.
- Positive reviews and recommendations from former patients.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started