Methadone Treatment Centers Near Statesboro, GA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1236 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Statesboro. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Statesboro, GA
MedMark Treatment Centers Savannah
600 Commercial Ct Suite A, Savannah, GA 31406Overall, the Medmark treatment center in Savannah receives positive reviews, with many praising the friendly and helpful staff. Crystal, in particular, is highly regarded for her compassion and understanding. The center is described as clean, professional, and efficient, with short wait times. The only criticism mentioned is towards one doctor who is seen as dismissive and lacks empathy. However, the majority of reviewers highly recommend the center for its caring and supportive environment.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at the Methadone treatment center is friendly and accommodating. They are described as professional, compassionate, and always willing to help.
- Quick service: Reviewers appreciated the short wait times and fast in-and-out experience at the center. They mentioned that the dosing nurses are quick and efficient.
- Compassionate counselors: Several reviews specifically praised a counselor named Crystal for her empathetic understanding and compassionate approach. This suggests that the center has counselors who are knowledgeable and supportive in helping patients through their recovery journey.
Loganville Comprehensive Treatment Center
3543 Hwy 81 #201, Loganville, GA 30052The WCTC/Brand New Start Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the warm and welcoming staff, especially the director Mrs. Denise, who is praised for her genuine care and concern for the well-being of the patients. The clinic is described as clean, professional, and efficient, with quick dosing times and short waiting periods for drug tests and counseling sessions. Patients also note the reasonable prices and the respectful treatment they receive, making it a highly recommended place for those struggling with drug addiction.
- Warm and welcoming staff who genuinely care about their patients.
- Courteous and respectful staff who provide helpful and reasonable treatment for opioid addiction.
- Efficient and quick service, with short wait times and in-and-out dosing procedures.
311 Jones Mill Rd, Statesboro, GA 30458Overall, the reviews for Willingway, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. The medical staff is commended for their ability to help individuals get off of Methadone and make positive changes. The communication and support provided by the staff, especially Ashley, is highly praised. The program is described as life-changing and supportive, with staff members going above and beyond to ensure the success of their patients. The facility itself is considered beautiful and the atmosphere is described as positive and calming. One reviewer mentions some concerns about billing, but overall, the experience at Willingway is viewed highly and is recommended to others struggling with addiction.
- The staff at Willingway is caring, understanding, and willing to help. They provide a safe and positive environment for recovery.
- The program at Willingway has shown proven success with clients making more progress in two months than in years spent in other treatment places. They work compassionately with individuals who have co-occurring mental health issues.
- The communication and support provided by the staff, including the admission representatives and counselors, is excellent. They go above and beyond, providing guidance and assistance throughout the treatment process.
The Genesis Center of Winder
206 E Broad St, Winder, GA 30680The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff, including the owner and counselors, are described as caring, compassionate, and dedicated to helping patients achieve recovery. The facility is praised for being clean, welcoming, and providing a non-judgmental environment. Many patients express gratitude for the positive impact the center has had on their lives.
- Friendly and caring staff: The reviews consistently mention the friendly and loving staff, highlighting their compassion and willingness to go above and beyond to help patients.
- Clean and comfortable facility: Multiple reviews praise the facility for its cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere, making patients feel welcome and comfortable during their treatment.
- Personalized treatment and support: Many reviews emphasize that the staff at this treatment center treat patients as individuals and provide personalized care, allowing patients to feel heard and supported throughout their recovery journey.
4 W Altman St, Statesboro, GA 30458The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are largely positive, with many users praising the helpful and understanding staff. People mentioned that the center helped them or their loved ones get their lives back on track and provided a structured and caring environment. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking recovery and assistance with opioid addiction.
- Friendly and understanding staff: The reviews consistently mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center is nice, understanding, and willing to help. This suggests that they prioritize creating a supportive and comfortable environment for their patients.
- Effective treatment: Numerous reviewers mention that this center has helped them or someone they know in their recovery journey. This indicates that the treatment provided at this center has been beneficial for individuals struggling with opioid addiction.
- Helpful and caring staff: Reviewers consistently highlight the helpfulness and caring nature of the staff at this center. This suggests that patients can expect to receive personalized attention and support throughout their treatment.
Coastal Community Behavioral Health
5155 GA-40 East, St Marys, GA 31558CCBH is praised for completely changing people's lives, making them more active and social. Coastal Behavioral Health is commended for caring about their clients and helping them achieve things they never thought possible, with the doctor and therapist receiving special mention. The center is highly recommended for its exceptional staff, who are described as warm, committed, and always available.
- The center has a supportive and non-judgmental staff who genuinely care about their clients' well-being and recovery.
- The treatment center offers personalized care that acknowledges that each individual's journey towards sobriety is unique.
- The staff is easily accessible and responsive, even during holidays, ensuring that clients' needs are consistently attended to.
Bulloch County Alcohol & Drug
419 Fair Rd, Statesboro, GA 30458Customers praise the center for its caring and supportive staff, specifically mentioning Mrs. Joyce's kindness, helpfulness, and honesty. They describe the center as being very supportive, treating individuals like family, and being there for them. One review simply states that the customer was there for a meeting, while another review states that Ross is awesome, although it does not provide specific details.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff members being kind, helpful, and treating patients like family. This indicates a positive and supportive environment for individuals seeking treatment.
- Personalized care: One review mentions that the staff went the extra mile in several different ways, implying that there is a focus on individualized treatment plans tailored to each patient's specific needs.
- Positive feedback for specific staff members: A review mentions that Ross is awesome, suggesting that there may be specific staff members who are highly regarded and provide excellent care.
Cumming Comprehensive Treatment Center
514 W Maple St #1206, Cumming, GA 30040The majority of the reviews speak highly of the staff at the Methadone treatment center, praising their helpfulness, care, and professionalism. However, there are a couple of reviews expressing frustration with the clinic's communication and availability over the phone. Overall, the center is commended for its positive and caring environment, with one reviewer even noting their successful recovery journey.
- The staff is highly praised for being courteous, helpful, and treating patients with respect and dignity.
- The clinic has convenient hours and is accommodating to special circumstances, such as picking up a dose early or verifying doses for out-of-state patients.
- The counselors genuinely care about their patients and provide a nice and supportive environment that caters to individual needs.
New Season Treatment Center – Savannah
145 Southern Blvd Suite B, Savannah, GA 31405The Methadone treatment center in Savannah is highly praised by reviewers. They appreciate the caring and helpful staff, including counselors, nurses, doctors, and pharmacists. Patients feel respected and treated as individuals, rather than as criminals or addicts. The center is also commended for its supportive atmosphere, with counselors and staff willing to assist in any way they can.
- The staff at the treatment facility is described as helpful, caring, and supportive. They genuinely care about the patients' well-being and push them to improve their lives.
- The center treats patients with professionalism, respect, and understanding, fostering an environment where individuals feel valued and not judged for their addiction.
- The counselors and staff members go above and beyond their responsibilities to assist patients, even if they are not assigned specifically to them.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started