Methadone Treatment Centers Near Stone Mountain, GA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1942 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Stone Mountain. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Stone Mountain, GA
Loganville Comprehensive Treatment Center
3543 Hwy 81 #201, Loganville, GA 30052The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the welcoming and caring staff, the cleanliness of the center, and the respectful treatment they receive. The efficient and quick service, as well as the reasonable prices, make this clinic stand out from others. Overall, patients highly recommend this center for anyone struggling with drug addiction.
- Warm and welcoming staff who genuinely care about patients and their well-being.
- Courteous and respectful staff who treat patients with dignity and respect.
- Quick and efficient service, with short wait times and in-and-out dosing.
Atlanta Metro Treatment Center
6500 McDonough Dr NW Suite B2, Norcross, GA 30093The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews regarding the dedicated and supportive staff members, particularly Reggie and Heather, who have been commended for their commitment, guidance, and care. The center is also appreciated for its early opening hours and non-intrusive approach, making it a recommended option for those seeking methadone treatment. The courteous and helpful staff, including counselors, doctors, and nurses, have contributed to the positive experiences of patients. However, one reviewer expressed missing a specific staff member named Mrs. Tracy.
- Dedicated and supportive counselors: Multiple reviews mention specific counselors, such as Reggie and Heather, who have been instrumental in helping individuals maintain their sobriety. They are praised for their commitment, encouragement, tools, guidance, and going above and beyond to check on patients' health outside of methadone treatment.
- Helpful and courteous staff: The staff at this center is consistently described as helpful, courteous, and taking the time to address patients' concerns and questions. They are praised for their support and making individuals feel comfortable during their treatment.
- Effective treatment: Several reviews mention that this clinic provides effective treatment and support for individuals seeking help for opioid addiction. The counselors, service, doctors, and nurses are all commended for their roles in helping patients on their journey to recovery.
Alliance Recovery Center
1116 E Ponce de Leon Ave, Decatur, GA 30030Alliance Recovery Center is widely praised for its exceptional staff and compassionate care. Patients appreciate the quick and efficient service, particularly when it comes to guest dosing. The clinic is highly recommended for its professionalism, affordability, and commitment to helping individuals overcome addiction.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable staff: The Methadone treatment center is praised for having the best talent in the MMT community, with staff members who are well-known and experienced in opioid addiction treatment.
- Efficient and quick guest dosing process: Unlike most places that require weeks for guest dosing, this center was able to accommodate a guest dosing patient within just two and a half hours, making the process quick and convenient.
- Compassionate and caring staff: The staff members at this center are described as amazing, helpful, selfless, professional, compassionate, and encouraging. They go out of their way to check on patients' well-being and provide support during stressful situations, such as natural disasters like Hurricane Ida.
New Day Treatment Center
2563 M.L.K. Jr Dr SW, Atlanta, GA 30311Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and friendly staff, and the convenience of dosing hours until 2 p.m. However, there are some complaints about having to pay extra fees for guest dosing. Despite this, many reviewers credit the center for helping them on their path to recovery and recommend it to others.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is caring and supportive, showing genuine concern for the well-being of their patients.
- The center is known for being efficient and fast, providing quick service and assistance to patients.
- Patients appreciate the friendly and helpful atmosphere at the center, feeling like they are treated with respect and dignity.
The Genesis Center of Winder
206 E Broad St, Winder, GA 30680The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and compassionate staff, particularly highlighting the owner, Debbie, and her daughter, Christine. The facility is described as clean and welcoming, and the treatment is praised for its effectiveness in helping people recover from opioid addiction. Overall, the center is highly recommended for its supportive and non-judgmental approach.
- The staff and owner are extremely caring, loving, and empathetic towards patients.
- The treatment center is clean, well-maintained, and has a welcoming atmosphere.
Newport Integrated Behavioral Healthcare, Inc.
1810 Moseri Rd #5116, Decatur, GA 30032Based on the reviews, the Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its effectiveness in helping patients overcome opioid addiction. Many reviewers appreciate the compassionate and supportive staff, including the doctor and therapists. However, there is one critical review that questions the knowledge of the staff regarding different medications, but still acknowledges the "VERY SWEET STAFF". Overall, the center is described as a life-saving place that provides the necessary tools and support to help individuals get clean and manage their mental health.
- Highly regarded and experienced staff: Reviewers consistently mention the compassionate and effective staff members, including the doctor and therapist/group leader, who go above and beyond to ensure patient safety and comfort.
- Supportive and respectful environment: Patients appreciate the respectful and friendly treatment they receive at the center. The staff is described as supportive and treating patients with respect, creating a positive atmosphere for those seeking help.
- Provides effective treatment: The center is commended for its ability to help patients overcome opioid addiction and improve their lives. Reviewers believe that the treatment program is worth committing to, suggesting that it is effective in providing tools for recovery and managing mental health.
4255 Chamblee Tucker Rd, Doraville, GA 30340The Methadone treatment center has a caring and respectful staff who treat addicts with dignity and compassion. The counselors are highly recommended, and the lines are short. The center is welcoming and provides a supportive and friendly environment for clients, with staff members who are described as kind and respectful. Overall, it is considered a great place to overcome opiate addiction and receive treatment.
- Caring and respectful staff: The staff at the Methadone treatment center are described as understanding, patient, and treating addicts with dignity. They create a welcoming environment without judgment.
- Short wait times: The lines at the center are reported to be short, making the process of receiving treatment more efficient.
- Supportive and helpful atmosphere: Clients feel supported by the staff, describing them as kind, respectful, and like family. The center is recommended as a good place for overcoming opioid addiction.
Cumming Comprehensive Treatment Center
514 W Maple St #1206, Cumming, GA 30040The reviews highlight a positive experience at the Methadone treatment center, with praise for the helpful and caring staff. Some reviewers express concerns about difficulty contacting the center, but overall, the majority of feedback is positive, emphasizing the supportive and caring environment provided by the staff.
- The staff is courteous, helpful, and treats patients with respect.
- The center has accommodating hours and is recommended for assistance with opiate addiction.
- The environment is caring, supportive, and responsive to individuals' needs.
Cartersville Comprehensive Treatment Center
218 Stonewall St, Cartersville, GA 30120The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with many praising the program and staff for their helpfulness and professionalism. One review mentions that there have been some changes in counselors and directors over time, but the program has helped them maintain sobriety. However, there is one negative review that mentions a senior staff member's overbearing authority. Overall, the center is praised for being a great clinic with a supportive program.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: The majority of reviewers praise the staff at the Methadone treatment center for being knowledgeable, helpful, and professional.
- Positive atmosphere and environment: According to one reviewer, the atmosphere and environment of the center have improved significantly, creating a more positive experience for patients.
- Long-standing reputation: A couple of reviewers mentioned that they have been attending the center for several years, indicating that they have had a positive and satisfactory experience over an extended period of time.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started