Methadone Treatment Centers Near Boise, ID
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 7006 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Boise. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Boise, ID
2335 E State Ave, Meridian, ID 83642The reviews about the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients commend the center for its focus on mental health and addiction recovery, with a particular emphasis on the importance of coping skills and emergency preparedness. The facility is highly praised for its friendly and supportive staff, excellent programming and curriculum, cleanliness, and inclusion of activities such as yoga and exercise. Many reviewers express gratitude for the positive impact the center had on their lives and highly recommend Northpoint Recovery to others struggling with addiction.
- Comprehensive Treatment Approach: The center pays attention to both addiction and mental health, providing counseling and therapy for both conditions. They also offer yoga sessions to help with coping skills and focus on addiction recovery.
- Supportive Staff: The staff at the center is described as caring, kind, and supportive. They go above and beyond to help patients and create a welcoming environment.
- Clean and Comfortable Facility: The facility is clean, well-maintained, and comfortable. Patients mention that the meals provided are healthy and there are snacks available throughout the day.
7941 W Rifleman St, Boise, ID 83704Ashwood Recovery is highly praised for its effective treatment programs and supportive staff. Patients appreciate the balance between substance use recovery and mental health maintenance, and many express gratitude for the positive impact Ashwood has had on their lives. The facility is commended for its beautiful and welcoming environment, and the counselors are highlighted for their compassion and knowledge. Overall, Ashwood Recovery is recommended for anyone seeking help with substance use and long-term recovery.
- The counselors at Ashwood Recovery are compassionate, supportive, and create a safe and welcoming environment for individuals on their recovery journey.
- The program at Ashwood provides a balance of substance use recovery and mental health maintenance, giving individuals the necessary skills and support to live a better life and become more successful.
- The staff at Ashwood Recovery are knowledgeable and experienced, providing effective treatment and support for those struggling with addiction.
Raise the Bottom Addiction Treatment
9196 W Barnes St, Boise, ID 83709The Methadone treatment center has received mostly positive reviews from users. Many praise the center for helping them break free from addiction, providing a supportive and understanding staff, and improving the overall quality of their lives. Some users mention the importance of actively participating in the program and putting in the effort to achieve positive results. However, there are also a few negative comments regarding the frequency of drug testing and the suggestion to try another treatment center in the area.
- This Methadone treatment center has been life-changing for many individuals struggling with addiction. It has allowed them to break the cycle of addiction, find stability, and improve their lives.
- The staff and counselors at this center are highly praised for their understanding, support, and dedication to helping patients on their recovery journey.
- The facility is clean, and the front desk staff is friendly, patient, and accommodating. The center provides motivating daily groups for life skills and relapse prevention.
Trivium Life Services (formerly Recovery 4 Life & A New Path)
8950 W Emerald St #178, Boise, ID 83704Trivium Life Services is highly recommended for their compassionate and dedicated staff, offering a wide range of services for substance use recovery and mental health. Recovery 4 Life is praised for accepting Medicaid, providing helpful classes and programs tailored to individual needs, and having a caring and supportive staff. A New Path is commended for treating clients with dignity and compassion, delivering curriculum effectively, and inspiring individuals to learn and grow. Overall, all three centers are praised for their commitment to helping individuals with addiction.
- Comprehensive services: Trivium Life Services offers a wide range of programs, including therapy, medication management, case management, peer support, and recovery coaching, ensuring that individuals receive all the help and resources they need for their recovery.
- Accepts Medicaid: Recovery 4 Life accepts Medicaid, making it accessible to individuals who may rely on this form of healthcare coverage.
- Compassionate and dedicated staff: Both Trivium Life Services and Recovery 4 Life have staff members who are described as compassionate and dedicated, providing a supportive environment for individuals seeking help with their addiction.
303 N Allumbaugh St, Boise, ID 83704Overall, the Methadone treatment center at Intermountain Hospital has received positive reviews. Many patients express gratitude for the staff's dedication, compassion, and knowledge in treating addiction and mental health issues. The center provides a supportive and safe environment with engaging group sessions and informative activities. Some reviewers also mention the importance of structure and the benefits of detox and rehab programs offered at the facility. However, a few reviewers mention minor issues, such as cleanliness and difficulties with certain staff members.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center, particularly in the outpatient therapy program, are described as excellent, caring, and supportive. They provide actionable tactics for growth and help patients develop healthy coping mechanisms.
- The treatment center has a compassionate and non-judgmental atmosphere. The staff is described as understanding and they create a caring and safe environment for patients. The groups are engaging and helpful, and the overall experience is described as life-changing for the better.
- The facility provides comprehensive care, including medication management, therapy sessions, and activities to help patients cope with mental illness and substance abuse. The staff is knowledgeable and creates a structured routine that helps patients stay on track with their recovery.
Center for Change
1411 W. Franklin St., Boise, ID 83702The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The staff is described as caring, knowledgeable, and respectful, and they focus on treating the whole person instead of just the eating disorder. Many reviewers mention specific therapists who provided excellent support and guidance. The treatment center is praised for its evidence-based approach, variety of therapy options, and delicious food. Some reviewers also mention the flexibility in choosing group treatments that suit their needs. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those struggling with disordered eating.
- Caring and knowledgeable staff who treat patients with respect and focus on their overall well-being.
- Evidence-based treatment methods and a comprehensive curriculum for recovery from eating disorders.
Ascent Behavioral Health
411 N Allumbaugh St, Boise, ID 83704The Methadone treatment center at Ascent Behavioral Health has received consistently positive reviews from patients. The staff, including case managers and counselors, are described as caring, supportive, and helpful. The program is praised for its well-designed group therapy sessions and the opportunity to learn coping skills for both addiction and everyday challenges. The center is recommended for anyone seeking help with addiction recovery and is commended for its commitment to advocating for patients and providing individualized care.
- The staff at Ascent Behavioral Health is caring, supportive, and genuinely interested in helping patients succeed in their recovery journey.
- The counselors and case managers at Ascent are knowledgeable and offer genuine solutions, helping patients learn coping skills not just for addiction but for everyday life challenges.
- The program at Ascent is well-designed and comprehensive, providing steps to guide individuals through the recovery process and prepare them for reintegration into society. The group therapy sessions are highly praised for their effectiveness.
Center for Behavioral Health - Meridian
2275 S Eagle Rd #190, Meridian, ID 83642The two Methadone treatment centers in Boise are easy to work with and have saved people from a life of torment. The staff at these clinics are welcoming, supportive, and truly want patients to succeed. They provide tools, advice, and support to help patients get through hard times or relapses. Although it may take a couple of hours to get enrolled and the clinic is sometimes unorganized, overall, patients are grateful for the positive impact it has had on their lives.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is described as nice, caring, supportive, and welcoming.
- The counselors provide tools, advice, and support to help individuals through hard times or relapses.
- The treatment center is affordable and enrollment can be done in a couple of hours.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started