Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Springfield, IL
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Springfield for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 182 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Springfield can cater to your needs.
Top 6 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Springfield, IL
2200 Lake Victoria Dr, Springfield, IL 62703Positive reviews highlight the caring and knowledgeable staff at Gateway Foundation, who go above and beyond to help patients overcome addiction. Many reviewers mention the positive impact the program had on their lives, giving them the tools and support to maintain sobriety. The supportive and understanding counselors are praised for their dedication and ability to relate to the struggles of addiction.
- Staff and Counselors are caring and dedicated: Multiple reviews mention the caring and supportive nature of the staff and counselors at Gateway Foundation. They are described as knowledgeable, helpful, and understanding.
- Effective treatment: Several reviews mention that Gateway Foundation has helped them in their recovery journey and changed their lives. They mention that the program provided them with the tools and skills needed to fight addiction and maintain sobriety.
- Comprehensive approach: Gateway Foundation is praised for not only treating addiction but also addressing the root causes and co-occurring mental health issues. The program is described as educational and inspiring, with classes and groups that provide helpful information and resources.
Family Guidance Centers Inc
120 N 11th St, Springfield, IL 62703Positive reviews about the addiction treatment center mention that the counselors and staff are loved by patients and provide helpful support. The program is praised for saving lives and helping individuals in their recovery journey. Some reviewers also appreciate the quick service and friendly atmosphere at the facility.
- Positive experiences with counselors and staff - According to several reviews, the counselors and staff at the addiction treatment center are described as friendly, helpful, and caring. This indicates that patients can expect to receive support and guidance from the staff during their recovery journey.
- Life-saving treatment - One reviewer mentions that the treatment at the center has saved their life. This suggests that the addiction treatment center provides effective and successful programs that have helped individuals overcome their substance abuse issues and achieve sobriety.
Rediscovery Recovery House: Vanderburgh House Sober Living
1622 N 5th St, Springfield, IL 62702The addiction treatment center is praised for its structured environment and accountability measures, which promote positive change in addition to AA and NA support. The men in the house are described as supportive and helpful, and the weekly Spiritual Meeting is seen as a powerful and meaningful experience. The operator is commended for being caring, compassionate, and firm, and the facility is noted for being clean and well-kept. It is seen as a great place to start the recovery journey and establish a solid foundation.
- Provides structure and accountability: The sober living house holds guests accountable and promotes positive change through clear expectations and consequences.
- Supportive environment: The men in the house are described as supportive, encouraging, and helpful, providing a solid foundation for recovery.
- Clean and well-kept facility: The sober living home is described as the cleanest one the reviewer has seen, providing a comfortable and pleasant environment for residents.
2323 Adlai Stevenson Dr, Springfield, IL 62703The addiction treatment center has been successful in helping individuals achieve sobriety, with one reviewer expressing gratitude for being over 6 months clean. The staff at the center, including the kitchen supervisors, Bishop Todd, nurses, counselors, and supervisors, have played a crucial role in providing support, encouragement, and motivation to the clients, ensuring their recovery journey is successful. Overall, the positive reviews highlight the impact and effectiveness of the center's staff and program in helping individuals overcome addiction.
- Effective Recovery Support: Many reviewers express gratitude for the staff and their assistance in achieving sobriety, suggesting that the center provides effective recovery support.
- Supportive Staff: The reviews indicate that clients receive encouragement and motivation from various staff members, including counselors, supervisors, and even the kitchen staff. This suggests a supportive and caring environment throughout the facility.
Thrive Center for Wellness
435 W Washington St, Springfield, IL 627021. Many reviewers expressed their gratitude for the knowledgeable and compassionate staff at the addiction treatment center, praising their expertise in helping individuals recover from substance abuse. 2. Multiple reviewers mentioned that they found the facilities to be clean and comfortable, making their stay during the rehabilitation process more manageable and conducive to healing. 3. Numerous positive reviews highlighted the personalized treatment plans provided by the center, emphasizing that the individualized approach greatly enhanced their progress and eventual success in overcoming their addiction.
- Effective Treatment: Several reviews mention that the addiction treatment center provides effective treatment for substance abuse. Users appreciate the program's comprehensive approach and the positive impact it has had on their recovery journey.
- Supportive Staff: Many reviewers highlight the supportive and compassionate staff at the center. They praise the therapists and counselors for their expertise and dedication towards helping patients overcome their addiction.
MedMark Treatment Centers Springfield
1227 S 9th St, Springfield, IL 62703The addiction treatment center receives praise for its dedicated and caring staff who genuinely care about the patients. Reviewers also appreciate the clean and inviting nature of the facility.
- Caring staff: According to the reviews, the center has an amazing, caring staff that is dedicated to helping individuals overcome substance abuse.
- Clean and inviting facility: The facility is described as clean and inviting, which can contribute to a positive and comfortable environment for recovery.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started