Methadone Treatment Centers Near Chicago, IL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1390 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Chicago. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Chicago, IL
Sundance Methadone Treatment Center
4545 N Broadway Ste 3, Chicago, IL 60640The Methadone treatment center has received mostly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as professional, caring, and dedicated. The center is praised for its cleanliness, efficiency, and convenient location. The staff is said to treat patients with respect and the center offers counseling services in addition to medication. Overall, the center is recommended for its effective treatment and supportive staff.
- Polite and professional staff that treat patients with respect and kindness.
- Convenient location and efficient service with no wait time.
- Dedicated staff that takes the time to help patients and provide counseling for recovery.
Symetria — Chicago Outpatient Rehab & Suboxone Clinic
3934 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60613The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are highly positive. Patients express gratitude for the caring and supportive staff, as well as the comprehensive treatment approach that includes medication and counseling. Many reviewers credit the center with helping them turn their lives around and recommend it to others seeking help for addiction.
- The staff at Symetria Recovery Lakeview are caring, compassionate, and understanding, making patients feel comfortable and supported in their recovery journey.
- The center offers a comprehensive approach to addiction treatment, providing both medication (such as Methadone) and counseling to address individual needs and create personalized recovery plans.
- Symetria Recovery Lakeview has a strong focus on community and engagement, offering group sessions where patients can build connections and receive support from peers and counselors.
El Rincon Community Clinic
3809 W Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60651The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are extremely positive. Customers praise the caring and helpful staff, the professionalism of the nurses and counselors, and the overall supportive environment. The center is highly recommended for those serious about overcoming addiction. One reviewer mentioned that insurance is required and cash is not accepted.
- The staff is caring and goes out of their way to help patients.
- The clinic has a friendly and professional environment.
- The counselors and nurses are highly recommended and provide excellent support.
609 N Wells St, Chicago, IL 60654Customers have generally positive experiences at the Methadone treatment center, with friendly and helpful staff, quick service, and a positive atmosphere. Some reviewers appreciate the convenience and effectiveness of the treatment, while others have praised the compassionate and knowledgeable counselors. However, a few reviewers mentioned that they wished the center offered more services or that it could be improved in certain aspects.
- Quick registration and dosing process: The center is praised for processing new patients quickly and efficiently, allowing them to start their treatment without delay.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at the center are described as super nice, friendly, and non-judgmental. The counselors are helpful and knowledgeable, creating a positive and supportive atmosphere for patients.
- Convenient hours and short wait times: Patients appreciate the clinic's convenient hours and the fact that they rarely experience long wait times to get their medication. This ensures a smooth and efficient experience for individuals seeking treatment.
Chicago Treatment and Counseling Center IV
5635 W Roosevelt Rd, Cicero, IL 60804Overall, the reviews suggest that the Methadone treatment center has a mix of positive and negative aspects. Some reviewers mention a staff member named Latonya who can be mean but also nice and funny. However, others appreciate Latonya's straightforwardness and feel that the clinic is helpful in treating their family member's addiction. The facility itself may not be the nicest, but the staff is attentive and tries to meet the patients' needs. It is also noted that the center operates as a for-profit business with rigid hours and potentially issues with old accounts.
- Knowledgeable and experienced staff: Bill & Marry Anne, who have been in the business for a while, provide expertise and care to their patients.
- Helpful and attentive services: The clinic is described as attentive and actively tries to address the needs of their patients.
- Effective treatment for addiction: The clinic has been successful in assisting individuals struggling with addiction for many years.
415 N Dearborn St #510, Chicago, IL 60654The reviewers had mostly positive experiences at the Methadone treatment center. They praised the compassionate and caring staff, as well as the support and environment provided. Some mentioned challenges with communication and privacy, but overall, the program was highly recommended for those seeking treatment for substance abuse.
- Compassionate and caring counselors: The center has counselors who genuinely care about the well-being of their clients and provide a supportive and compassionate environment.
- Professional and communicative staff: The staff at the center are professional, communicative, and attentive to the needs of their clients. They prioritize privacy and confidentiality in their communication.
- Positive and supportive peers: The center provides a supportive community of peers who offer incredible support throughout the treatment process.
Chicago Treatment & Counseling Center
3520 S Ashland Ave, Chicago, IL 60609This Methadone treatment center is praised for its affordable pricing, easy registration process, considerate staff, and lack of long lines or group sessions. Patients also appreciate the helpful counselors and the accommodating front desk that is willing to work with those who may not have all the funds. The overall sentiment is that the staff is friendly and supportive, making it a positive experience for those seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- Affordable pricing: At only $50 a week, this treatment center is noted for being more cost-effective compared to places that accept insurance.
- Efficient and hassle-free service: Reviewers appreciate the simplicity of the registration process, the lack of long lines, and the overall smooth experience at this center.
- Supportive and considerate staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's willingness to work with patients, their friendliness, and the positive interactions with counselors and the medical nurse.
New Hope Community Service Center
2559 W 79th St # 6, Chicago, IL 60652The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients express deep gratitude towards specific staff members who they believe have saved their lives. The center is praised for its kind and helpful staff, as well as its focus on genuinely helping people rather than prioritizing profits. Overall, it is seen as a great and helpful establishment that cares about the well-being of its patients.
- Dedicated and caring staff: The reviews consistently praise the staff members for their dedication to helping patients and going above and beyond to ensure their well-being.
- Effective treatment: Several reviewers mention that this center has been instrumental in their recovery and turning their lives around.
- Supportive environment: The positive comments about the clinic being helpful and caring suggest that patients feel supported in their journey to overcome addiction.
Strive to Serenity, LLC
7124 W Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60707This Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its cleanliness and efficient service. The staff, particularly Michele, is described as caring and supportive, going above and beyond to help patients with their opioid addiction. The center is touted as the best in the northwest area.
- Clean and fast service.
- Staff, particularly Michele, provide caring and supportive assistance.
- Highly recommended clinic in the northwest area.
PDSSC Chicago Inc
2260 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL 60614This Methadone treatment center is described as pleasant and professional. Reviewers appreciate the friendly and non-judgmental atmosphere where rules are expected to be followed. Overall, it is considered a fair outpatient option for those seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- Professional and non-judgmental staff: Multiple reviews mention the center's professionalism and lack of judgment, which can create a supportive and understanding environment for individuals seeking treatment.
- Pleasant experience with adherence to rules: One review mentions that the center is pleasant as long as the rules are followed. This suggests that the center maintains a structured and organized approach, creating a consistent experience for patients.
- Fair outpatient treatment: A review states that the center is a fair place for outpatient treatment, implying that the center prioritizes patient well-being and offers a reliable treatment option for opioid addiction.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started