Methadone Treatment Centers Near DeKalb, IL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3119 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in DeKalb. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near DeKalb, IL
Mathers Recovery - Elgin
420 Airport Rd C, Elgin, IL 60123The Methadone treatment center received positive reviews overall, with patients praising the caring and supportive staff. The doctors, particularly Dr. Tanksley, were highly recommended for their dedication to helping patients overcome addiction. The center was also commended for its convenient services, such as telemedicine options and accommodating staff members.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is caring, supportive, and genuinely invested in the success of their patients. They take the time to listen and understand individual needs.
- The doctors at this center are highly recommended by multiple reviewers. They are described as compassionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated to helping patients on their journey to sobriety.
- The center offers a variety of treatment options, including Methadone, Suboxone, and Vivitrol, allowing patients to find the best fit for their recovery journey.
Symetria — Naperville Outpatient Rehab & Suboxone Clinic
28373 Davis Pkwy STE 500, Warrenville, IL 60555The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are highly positive, with many praising the staff for their compassion, knowledge, and dedication to patients' recovery. The center is described as clean, welcoming, and uplifting, with a variety of counselors to meet individual needs. Many reviewers credit the center with helping them achieve long-term sobriety and express gratitude for the life-changing care they have received. However, a few negative reviews mention high self-pay rates and a perceived focus on finances over patient care.
- Positive and Accommodating Staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the staff at the Methadone treatment center is positive, accommodating, and caring. They make patients feel welcome and supported, going above and beyond to help them with their recovery journey.
- Diverse and Knowledgeable Counselors: Many reviewers highlight the knowledge and expertise of the counselors at the center. They appreciate the diverse backgrounds and education of the counselors, who provide valuable insights and guidance in their recovery process.
- Supportive Environment: The center is described as a welcoming and encouraging space for recovery. Reviewers emphasize the sense of community and the supportive nature of the staff and fellow patients. The positive and uplifting environment contributes to a successful recovery experience.
El Rincon Community Clinic
3809 W Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60651The majority of reviews are positive, with many praising the caring and helpful staff at the Methadone treatment center. Patients appreciate the professionalism, cleanliness, and the focus on meeting their individual needs. The center is highly recommended for those looking for effective addiction treatment.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are caring, empathetic, and non-judgmental. They go out of their way to meet the needs of their patients and provide a supportive environment for recovery.
- The clinic has a friendly and professional staff, including counselors and nurses, who are dedicated to helping patients on their journey to recovery from opioid addiction.
- The treatment center is highly recommended by patients who have utilized its services, and it is regarded as a great place for getting clean off opiates.
Sundance Methadone Treatment Center
4545 N Broadway Ste 3, Chicago, IL 60640The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews for its caring and professional staff, convenient location, and cleanliness. Patients appreciate the respectful treatment and the availability of counseling services alongside Methadone treatment. The center is also praised for its efficiency and short wait times.
- Professional and caring staff: The staff at this Methadone treatment center are consistently described as polite, professional, caring, and dedicated. They make patients feel valued and genuinely concerned about their recovery and progress.
- Efficient and convenient service: Many reviewers mention the efficiency and convenience of the center. The clinic has a quick check-in process and minimal waiting times, which is particularly notable given its location in a big city. Some even mention being in and out within 15 minutes.
- Positive atmosphere and respect for patients: Patients appreciate being treated respectfully and compassionately at this clinic. Reviewers note that the staff treats them like human beings, making a noticeable difference in their recovery journey. This creates a positive atmosphere, contributing to the overall effectiveness of the treatment provided.
Care Clinics of Naperville Inc.
121 N Washington St, Naperville, IL 60540The Care Clinics of Naperville is highly recommended by multiple reviewers. The staff is described as friendly, genuine, and knowledgeable. The clinic is praised for its compassionate and professional service, with reviewers expressing gratitude for the positive impact it has had on their lives.
- Care Clinics of Naperville is known for their caring and compassionate staff who genuinely care about their clients' well-being.
- The clinic is praised for being accommodating to clients' schedules and offering flexible counseling options, such as Sunday sessions.
- The staff at Care Clinics is highly knowledgeable and provides thorough explanations and information about the treatment process, making clients feel comfortable and informed.
609 N Wells St, Chicago, IL 60654Reviewers generally had positive experiences at this Methadone treatment center. They appreciated the friendly and supportive staff, short wait times, and clean facility. Some mentioned the lack of additional services or groups, but overall, the majority felt well-treated and satisfied with their treatment.
- Quick registration and dosing process, with attentive and friendly staff who answer questions and provide information on various topics related to addiction treatment.
- Positive atmosphere and friendly staff create a supportive environment for maintaining sobriety, with convenient hours and minimal wait times for medication.
- Respected and compassionate founder, with long-standing grateful patients who credit the clinic with saving their lives.
Lighthouse Recovery, Inc.
210 S 5th St #10, St. Charles, IL 60174Lighthouse Recovery is highly recommended by multiple reviewers for its substance and alcohol abuse treatment. The staff, particularly Nate Lanthrum, the founder and clinical director, is praised for their support, customization of treatment plans, and dedication. The center is described as innovative, authentic, and effective, with a strong emphasis on personalized care and the well-being of patients.
- Highly recommended by multiple reviewers: The Methadone treatment center, Lighthouse Recovery, comes highly recommended by multiple reviewers. They express gratitude for the caring and supportive staff, customized treatment plans, and effective recovery process.
- Excellent clinical director and team: The clinical director, Nate Lanthrum, is praised for his expertise, passion, and dedication to helping individuals with substance abuse. The team at Lighthouse Recovery is described as compassionate, knowledgeable, and genuinely caring.
- Positive outcomes and support: Reviewers mention positive outcomes and being well-supported in their recovery journeys. They appreciate the genuine care, personalized attention, and dedication of the staff, making Lighthouse a trusted resource for addiction treatment.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started