Methadone Treatment Centers Near Downers Grove, IL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3097 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Downers Grove. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Downers Grove, IL
Symetria — Naperville Outpatient Rehab & Suboxone Clinic
28373 Davis Pkwy STE 500, Warrenville, IL 60555Symetria Recovery Naperville, a Methadone treatment center, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the friendly and accommodating staff, clean and uplifting environment, and the wide range of counselors available. The center is commended for the caring and patient-focused approach, with staff members treating each individual as a person, not just a number. Patients credit Symetria with changing and saving their lives, and recommend the center to anyone seeking recovery from addiction. However, one reviewer mentioned that the self-pay rate may be expensive for those without insurance.
- Friendly and Accommodating Staff: The staff at the Methadone treatment center is described as positive, accommodating, and understanding. They are willing to go above and beyond to help patients and provide the support they need.
- Knowledgeable and Compassionate Counselors: The counselors at the center are highly knowledgeable, kind, and caring. They provide personalized care and support, making patients feel heard and valued.
- Clean and Uplifting Environment: The center is clean and thoughtfully decorated to create an uplifting atmosphere. This contributes to a positive experience for patients and helps create a welcoming environment.
CAP of Downers Grove
4954 Main St, Downers Grove, IL 60515The CAP Methadone treatment center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the kind and caring staff, particularly counselors like George and Marie. The center accepts Medicaid, making it more affordable for those concerned about the cost. While some reviewers have had concerns about the effectiveness of the program and the amount of Methadone they were prescribed, others emphasize the importance of being on Methadone for long-term success. Overall, CAP is considered a good clinic with efficient and reliable service, helping addicts to live normal lives.
- Accepts Medicaid: The Methadone treatment center accepts IL Medicaid, allowing individuals to receive medication and care at no cost to them.
- Caring and dedicated staff: The counselors and nurses at the center are praised for their compassion and dedication to helping patients on their journey to recovery.
- Effective treatment: Many reviewers have shared positive experiences and success stories, highlighting that the program has helped them stay clean and live a normal life.
Symetria — Des Plaines Outpatient Rehab & Suboxone Clinic
1460 Market St # 300, Des Plaines, IL 60016Symetria is highly recommended by multiple reviewers for its caring and professional staff, who are dedicated to helping patients with their recovery from opioid addiction. The clinic provides tools and support, and many reviewers credit Symetria with giving them a new lease on life. The staff is friendly, the waiting time is minimal, and the clinic offers transportation services. Overall, Symetria is praised as a top-notch treatment center in Illinois.
- Caring and supportive staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Symetria Recovery are caring, friendly, and truly want to help their patients. They provide motivation, support, and the tools necessary for successful recovery.
- Professional and professional staff: Reviewers consistently mention the professionalism of the staff at Symetria Recovery. They are described as knowledgeable, professional, and experienced in treating addiction. Patients feel valued and heard by the staff.
- Effective treatment and positive outcomes: Many reviews mention that Symetria Recovery has helped them turn their lives around and achieve long-term sobriety. The treatment provided is effective, and patients express gratitude for the positive impact it has had on their lives.
Symetria — Chicago Outpatient Rehab & Suboxone Clinic
3934 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60613The reviews for Symetria, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. Patients praise the staff for their compassion, support, and dedication to helping them overcome addiction. Many reviewers mention that Symetria offers a comprehensive approach to recovery, including not only medication but also counseling and group support. The center is highly recommended for anyone seeking help with addiction.
- The staff at Symetria are caring, compassionate, and understanding. They go above and beyond to provide support and check on their patients' progress.
- Symetria offers a comprehensive treatment plan that includes both medication and counseling. They focus on individualized care and provide a supportive community for recovery.
- Symetria staff, including Eddie, are helpful in navigating insurance issues and finding affordable coverage for treatment. They prioritize the well-being and accessibility of their patients.
Pilsen Wellness Center
1546 Mannheim Rd, Stone Park, IL 60165Overall, the reviews indicate that this Methadone treatment center is highly regarded by its patients. The staff is described as knowledgeable, friendly, and respectful. However, some reviewers mentioned the importance of more group meetings for better recovery support. There were also warnings about potential issues with law enforcement outside the clinic. Nevertheless, the majority of reviewers found the center to be a great place for substance abuse recovery and credited it with saving their lives.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff who are welcoming and make a good first impression.
- Friendly and respectful staff who genuinely care about patients and their recovery.
- Excellent counselors who are dedicated and effective in helping patients on their recovery journey.
Symetria — Joliet Outpatient Rehab & Suboxone Clinic
229 N Hammes Ave, Joliet, IL 60435The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The staff, particularly Debra at the front desk, Sarita the counselor, and the nurses, received high praise for being kind, supportive, and knowledgeable. The center is described as welcoming, supportive, and compassionate, with a focus on helping individuals through their recovery journey. Many reviewers mentioned that the center saved their lives and highly recommend it for anyone seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is described as friendly, supportive, and helpful.
- The receptionist, Debra, is mentioned multiple times as being welcoming, knowledgeable, and going above and beyond to assist patients.
- The counselors, such as Sarita and Ms. Galloway, are praised for their remarkable job at counseling and providing a comfortable experience.
- The entire staff is described as compassionate, understanding, and treating patients with respect.
- The facility is praised for its welcoming atmosphere and supportive environment.
- The process of becoming a patient is described as painless, with supportive doctors and staff.
- The center is credited with saving lives and providing a second chance for patients.
- The staff is commended for being involved in patients' recovery and helping them stay sober.
- The receptionist, Debra Green, is specifically mentioned for being supportive, cheerful, and caring.
- The center is recommended for those seeking support in getting off opioids or other drugs.
Sundance Methadone Treatment Center
4545 N Broadway Ste 3, Chicago, IL 60640This Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its professional and caring staff, clean facilities, and convenient location. Patients appreciate the staff's dedication and the personalized care they receive. The center is also commended for its efficiency and lack of wait times. Overall, it is recommended as a great resource for those seeking recovery from opioid addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are friendly, kind, and treat patients like actual human beings. They are willing to help and accommodate individual needs, including dose increases if necessary.
- The clinic is clean, hygienic, and feels like a doctor's office. The staff are professional and provide quality care.
- The location of the clinic is convenient and easily accessible via public transportation. The wait times are short, with efficient and quick service.
El Rincon Community Clinic
3809 W Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60651This Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from its clients. The staff is praised for their caring attitude, professionalism, and dedication to helping individuals recover from addiction. Many reviewers mention that they feel supported and valued at this clinic, and appreciate the welcoming environment.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are caring and go out of their way to help patients. They are empathetic, non-judgmental, and genuinely invested in patients' recovery.
- The clinic has a great staff, including counselors and nurses, who are professional, friendly, and attentive to patients' needs.
- The environment at the clinic is described as great, relaxing, and conducive to recovery.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started