Methadone Treatment Centers Near Galesburg, IL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1963 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Galesburg. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Galesburg, IL
Great Heights Medical - Best Weight Loss Program
315 E McKinley Rd, Ottawa, IL 61350The majority of the reviews express positive experiences with the Methadone treatment center, praising the doctor and staff for their support and professionalism. Some reviews mention the effectiveness of the program in terms of weight loss. However, there is some mention of long wait times which may be a drawback for some patients.
- Supportive and friendly staff: The doctor and staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as awesome, supportive, friendly, and helpful. Patients feel welcomed and cared for.
- Effective for weight loss: The program offered at this center has helped patients with weight loss. The 3D scanner provided has made progress tracking easier, and some individuals have reported significant weight loss without the need for exercise.
- Life-saving treatment: Patients express gratitude towards Dr. Fatoki and credit him for saving their lives. This suggests that the treatment provided at this center has been effective in addressing opioid addiction and helping patients regain control of their lives.
RMA Rose Medical Association
209 W Romeo B Garrett Ave, Peoria, IL 61605The Methadone treatment center is recommended by reviewers as a good choice for those struggling with opioid addiction. The staff, including Dr. Rose and Tina, are praised for their caring and life-saving approach. Overall, the program is credited with helping turn lives around and providing a path to freedom from addiction.
- The center offers a good maintenance program for those who want to live Methadone-free at their own pace.
- The staff, including Dr. Rose and Tina, are caring and have helped many individuals turn their lives around.
- The program has been successful in saving lives and providing a life of freedom from addiction.
MedMark Treatment Centers Champaign
106 S Country Fair Dr suite c, Champaign, IL 61821This Methadone treatment center receives mostly positive reviews from patients who appreciate the understanding and respectful staff who provide effective treatment and go above and beyond to help them. The counselors are particularly praised for their dedication and support. However, the constant staff turnover and lack of posted hours are mentioned as areas for improvement.
- Easy program initiation: The center allows for dosing on the first day and makes it easy to start the treatment program.
- Supportive and understanding staff: The counselors at the center are praised for their help in addressing the root causes of addiction and for their understanding nature. They are described as going above and beyond to provide exceptional care.
- Positive atmosphere: The staff of the center is consistently described as friendly, kind, and supportive, creating a welcoming environment for patients.
Brightside Clinic and Suboxone Doctors of Peoria
24363 Spring Creek Rd Suite A, Washington, IL 61571Brightside in Washington, IL is highly recommended for Methadone treatment for opioid addiction. The staff, including Alex and Aimee, are caring and dedicated to their patients' sobriety. They provide excellent care, treat their clients with dignity and respect, and ensure any issues with medication or paperwork are promptly resolved.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center, including Alex and Aimee, are highly praised for their caring and supportive approach towards patients' sobriety.
- Patients appreciate being treated with dignity and respect, and not judged as addicts, creating a comfortable and welcoming environment.
- The center is known for its efficient organization, with a secretary named Alex who is proactive in keeping patients informed and resolving any issues with medication or paperwork.
Mathers Recovery - Elgin
420 Airport Rd C, Elgin, IL 60123Despite some transitional changes and staff shortages, the Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews overall. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive staff, with some highlighting specific doctors who have made a significant impact on their recovery. The center is praised for its effectiveness in helping patients break the cycle of addiction and regain control of their lives.
- The doctors and staff at this Methadone treatment center are caring, supportive, and genuinely want to see their patients succeed in their recovery.
- The center offers options for medication-assisted treatment (MAT) beyond Methadone, such as Vivitrol, providing patients with different choices to find what works best for them.
- The clinic provides telemedicine services, allowing patients to have appointments with their doctor from the comfort of their own home, which is especially helpful for those with disabilities or during the pandemic.
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace Addiction Recovery Center
5409 Knoxville Ave, Peoria, IL 61614The Methadone treatment center in Peoria has received mostly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the knowledgeable and caring staff, with specific praise for Dr. Farooqui. The center is seen as a valuable resource in the community, although a few reviewers mentioned issues with communication and some staff not treating patients with the same level of respect. However, overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Knowledgeable and caring staff: The researchers and staff at the Methadone treatment center are described as knowledgeable and caring, making it a positive environment for seeking help and recovery.
- Dedicated doctors: The doctors, particularly Dr. Farooqui, are highly recommended and credited with saving lives. Their expertise and support have helped patients succeed in their college and careers.
- Positive impact on recovery: Multiple reviews mention that the treatment center has had a significant impact on the reviewers' lives, with some still attending meetings even years after receiving treatment. This suggests that the center provides effective support for long-term recovery.
MedMark Treatment Centers Wood River
304 Wesley Dr Ste 302-06, Wood River, IL 62095The majority of the reviews praise the caring and knowledgeable staff at the Methadone treatment center, particularly mentioning Miss Bell, Amanda, Mel, and Erin as standout individuals. Some negative comments mention high turnover rates and issues with certain counselors, but overall, the clinic is described as a great place to receive help for opioid addiction. The facility is noted for being clean, with sanitary restrooms and ample parking.
- Dedicated and caring staff: The director, nurses, and counselors are all described as caring and knowledgeable, showing a genuine concern for patients' recovery.
- Clean and welcoming environment: The clinic is reportedly clean, with sanitary restrooms and ample parking. The staff treats everyone with respect.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started