Methadone Treatment Centers Near Gurnee, IL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2694 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Gurnee. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Gurnee, IL
Mathers Recovery - Elgin
420 Airport Rd C, Elgin, IL 60123The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are generally positive. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive staff, with particular praise for Dr. Tanksley. Many patients credit the center with saving their lives and helping them maintain sobriety. Some also mention the convenience of the telehealth services and the helpfulness of the office staff.
- The staff is caring, supportive, and non-judgmental. They genuinely want to see patients succeed and are on their side.
- The doctors take the time to listen to patients, providing personalized care and addressing their individual needs.
- The center offers various treatment options, including Methadone and Vivitrol, ensuring patients have access to the appropriate medication for their recovery journey.
Symetria — Des Plaines Outpatient Rehab & Suboxone Clinic
1460 Market St # 300, Des Plaines, IL 60016Symetria is highly recommended for individuals seeking suboxone or methadone recovery treatment. The center is praised for its caring and professional staff, as well as its dedication to helping patients taper down their doses. Patients appreciate the non-judgmental atmosphere and the tools provided for success in recovery.
- Caring and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the caring and professional staff at Symetria. They are described as supportive, non-judgmental, and committed to helping patients succeed in their recovery journey.
- Successful tapering down: Symetria is commended for its ability to help patients taper down their medication doses, such as Suboxone. This indicates that they have effective treatment plans and resources to support patients in gradually reducing their reliance on opioids.
- Life-changing and life-saving: Several reviews express gratitude towards Symetria for changing their lives for the better. Patients mention feeling healthier, happier, and having a renewed sense of purpose. Some even credit Symetria with saving their lives and giving them their life back.
El Rincon Community Clinic
3809 W Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60651The majority of the reviews are positive, with many praising the staff for their caring and helpful attitude towards patients. The clinic is highly recommended for those serious about overcoming opioid addiction. The environment is described as relaxing, and the staff is seen as professional and attentive to patient needs.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are caring, empathetic, and non-judgmental. They go out of their way to meet the needs of their patients and are dedicated to their recovery journey.
- The clinic has a great staff, including counselors, nurses, and security personnel, who are all caring and professional.
- The environment at the clinic is relaxing, and the treatment is effective for those who are committed to their recovery.
Sundance Methadone Treatment Center
4545 N Broadway Ste 3, Chicago, IL 60640The majority of the reviews praise the Methadone treatment center for its professional and caring staff, clean facilities, and convenient location. Many reviewers express gratitude for the respectful and humanizing treatment they receive, as well as the availability of counseling services alongside the medication. Some reviewers highlight the quick and efficient service, with short wait times. Overall, the center is highly recommended as a reliable and supportive resource in the community.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are extremely polite, professional, kind, and helpful, making patients feel cared for and supported in their recovery.
- The center is clean, hygienic, and disinfects their facility daily, providing a safe and welcoming environment for patients.
- The location is convenient and easily accessible from public transportation, making it easier for patients to access their treatment.
Symetria — Vernon Hills Outpatient Rehab & Suboxone Clinic
830 West End Ct Ste 900, Vernon Hills, IL 60061Symetria is highly praised for its welcoming and supportive staff, who provide a comfortable and caring atmosphere for recovery. Patients appreciate the knowledgeable and compassionate team, and feel safe and at ease during their sessions. The center is described as resourceful, professional, and life-changing, offering a variety of recovery models and personalized guidance.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center, specifically the doctors, nurses, and other staff, are described as nice, welcoming, and trustworthy. They provide a safe and comfortable environment for patients, making them feel at ease during difficult discussions about their addiction.
- The atmosphere at the center is described as comfortable and welcoming, giving patients the confidence and support to change their habits and adopt a healthier lifestyle. The center has a full staff of doctors and therapists to assist patients in their journey towards recovery.
- The staff at the center is compassionate, caring, knowledgeable, and professional. They provide resourceful and successful recovery programs, guiding patients step by step to figure out which model works best for them. The center is described as a place where patients feel safe, comfortable, and accountable. The staff is also described as being available to address any questions and concerns.
609 N Wells St, Chicago, IL 60654Reviews for this Methadone treatment center are generally positive. Patients appreciate the quick and efficient service, friendly staff, and respectful treatment. Some mention the importance of the compassionate counselors and the positive impact that the clinic has had on their lives. However, there are a few comments suggesting that the clinic could offer more services or improve in certain areas.
- Quick and efficient processing and dosing.
- Friendly and helpful staff, including knowledgeable counselors.
- Respectful and non-judgmental treatment.
1645 Hicks Rd STE A, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008This Methadone treatment center in the Chicagoland area is highly recommended by several reviewers. The staff, including Megan at the front desk, nurses, and counselors, are praised for their caring and supportive approach. The center is described as a warm and welcoming environment that has saved lives and helped patients achieve sobriety.
- All-star team: The Methadone treatment center has a highly recommended team, including Megan at the front desk, nurses, and counselors.
- Compassionate and caring staff: The staff at the center genuinely cares about the patients and goes above and beyond to help. They treat patients with respect, provide support, and create a welcoming environment.
- Clean and safe environment: The center is described as a safe and clean environment, ensuring that patients can focus on their recovery without any concerns.
JEM Treatment Inc
2424 Washington St, Waukegan, IL 60085Based on the reviews, this Methadone treatment center is highly recommended by many patients. The staff is described as caring, compassionate, and understanding. Patients emphasize the importance of following the rules and actively participating in meetings and living a sober life for the treatment to be effective. The cost of the program is seen as affordable compared to the expenses associated with drug addiction. Overall, this clinic seems to have a positive reputation and has helped numerous individuals in their journey to sobriety.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are compassionate, understanding, and caring. They work hard to keep patients focused on their sobriety and help them succeed.
- The program is effective for many patients who follow the rules and requirements, helping them break the chains of addiction and maintain a clean lifestyle.
- The cost of treatment is affordable compared to the price of drugs, making it a cost-effective option for those seeking help for addiction.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started