Methadone Treatment Centers Near Joliet, IL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1642 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Joliet. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Joliet, IL
17100 Dixie Hwy Suite D, Hazel Crest, IL 60429The Methadone treatment center has a fast and helpful staff that is friendly and understanding. They provide quick assistance and treatment options, such as Methadone, Subs, and counseling services. The center is praised for its compassionate and caring staff, clean facilities, and efficient services, making it a highly recommended option for those seeking recovery from opioid addiction.
- Fast and efficient service: Multiple reviews mention that the center provides fast appointments and quick assistance in starting treatment.
- Friendly and compassionate staff: Reviewers consistently praise the staff for their kindness, understanding, and non-judgmental attitudes.
- Effective treatment: Many reviewers credit the center with helping them achieve sobriety and transform their lives.
Symetria — Joliet Outpatient Rehab & Suboxone Clinic
229 N Hammes Ave, Joliet, IL 60435The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Reviewers highly praise the staff, especially Debra, the receptionist, and Sarita, a counselor. They are described as friendly, supportive, and knowledgeable, providing a comfortable and welcoming environment for patients. The center is appreciated for helping individuals overcome their addiction and giving them a second chance at life.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Multiple reviews mention the receptionist, Debra Green, as being extremely kind, welcoming, and knowledgeable. The staff as a whole is described as friendly, compassionate, and caring, with nurses, counselors, and program directors being specifically mentioned.
- Knowledgeable and helpful counselors: Sarita is praised for her remarkable counseling skills and for checking on her clients to ensure they stay on the right path. Miss Galloway is commended for her help in understanding personal issues and offering guidance on the recovery journey.
- Welcoming environment: The center is described as being a comfortable and welcoming place, with a nice waiting room and staff that treats patients with respect and compassion. The process of becoming a patient is mentioned as being painless.
16347 Canterbury Way, Lockport, IL 60441The Methadone treatment center receives high praise from reviewers who appreciate the helpful, caring, and informative staff. Dr. Goyal is mentioned multiple times as a knowledgeable and compassionate doctor who listens and genuinely cares about his patients. The center is credited with saving lives and helping patients stay clean, with many expressing gratitude for the improved quality of life they have experienced as a result of the treatment received at the center.
- Knowledgeable and caring staff: The reviewers consistently mention that the staff, particularly Dr. Goyal and Melissa, are knowledgeable, caring, and attentive to individual needs. They appreciate the support and encouragement they receive.
- Life-saving treatment: Reviewers express gratitude towards the Methadone treatment center for saving their lives and helping them turn their life around. Many attribute their sobriety and improved life situation to the care received at the center.
- Quick and efficient service: Despite the challenges of the pandemic, reviewers mention that they were able to receive prompt and timely services at the center. They appreciate the professionalism and kindness of the staff, as well as the well-informed approach towards addiction treatment.
El Rincon Community Clinic
3809 W Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60651The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are extremely positive, with patients praising the caring and helpful staff. Many reviewers appreciate the supportive and non-judgmental approach of the counselors and nurses. Some reviewers also mentioned the convenience of the clinic's location and the minimal wait times. However, it should be noted that the clinic only accepts insurance and does not take cash payments. The professionalism of the staff, the cleanliness of the facility, and the effectiveness of the treatment were also highlighted in the reviews.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center genuinely cares about the patients and goes out of their way to help them.
- The clinic is highly recommended by past patients who have found it to be effective in treating their addiction problems.
- The clinic has a professional, friendly, and caring staff, including nurses, counselors, security, receptionists, and more.
Care Clinics of Naperville Inc.
121 N Washington St, Naperville, IL 60540Care Clinics of Naperville is highly recommended for their compassionate staff, impressive knowledge, and affordable services. The counselors, such as Stan and Lois, are accommodating and create a positive atmosphere. They have helped numerous individuals on their path to sobriety and provide professional and caring treatment.
- The staff at Care Clinics of Naperville is friendly, genuine, and shows love and compassion towards their clients.
- The center offers flexible scheduling options, including appointments on Sundays, accommodating busy schedules.
- The staff is knowledgeable and provides thorough explanations, making clients feel comfortable and benefiting from the classes.
- The cost of services at Care Clinics of Naperville is unmatched compared to other facilities, and they understand the financial difficulties clients may face.
Stepping Stones Treatment Center
1621 Theodore St, Joliet, IL 60435The reviews about the Methadone treatment center, Stepping Stones, are overwhelmingly positive. Reviewers mention that the staff is supportive, caring, and understanding, with many having personal experience with addiction. The center is also commended for its effectiveness in helping individuals battle addiction and providing them with necessary resources and information. Some reviews mention family nights and the overall positive atmosphere of the center. Overall, reviewers highly recommend Stepping Stones for those seeking help in their recovery journey.
- The staff at Stepping Stones is described as the "best people any addict could ever ask for" and are known for their serious, kind, and caring help.
- The center has a high success rate, with multiple reviewers stating that Stepping Stones changed their lives and helped them achieve long-term sobriety.
- The staff at Stepping Stones are experienced and understanding, with many of them being in recovery themselves or having been affected by addiction. They are praised for their knowledge and wisdom from real-life experience.
New Hope Community Service Center
2559 W 79th St # 6, Chicago, IL 60652The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from multiple clients. The staff, including Dr. Golden, nurse Monique, Mrs. G, and nurse Terry, are praised for their dedication and ability to help clients overcome addiction. Clients appreciate the caring and supportive atmosphere of the center and feel that it prioritizes helping people over making money. Overall, the center is highly recommended for its effectiveness and the staff's commitment to their patients' well-being.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are caring and go above and beyond to help their patients.
- The center is focused on helping people with addiction and not just making money, which is a refreshing change.
- Patients feel grateful and thankful for the support they receive at this establishment.
1419 Essington Rd, Joliet, IL 60435The reviewers praise the counselor at the Methadone treatment center, saying they were crucial in helping them on their path to recovery. The IOP program is also commended for teaching useful tools for maintaining a drug-free lifestyle. Additionally, the center is appreciated for its excellent counseling services and the quality of food provided.
- Great Counselor: According to one review, the center has a great counselor named Dan who helps patients successfully navigate their recovery journey.
- Effective IOP program: The center offers an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) that teaches patients useful tools for maintaining a clean lifestyle.
- Excellent counseling and amenities: Another review highlights the center's excellent counseling services, while also mentioning the provision of top-notch food, indicating a positive overall experience.
HRDI Methadone Maintenance
33 E 114th St, Chicago, IL 60628The majority of the reviews indicate that the success of the treatment at this Methadone center depends on the patient's effort and commitment. It is suggested to be cautious with one specific doctor at the center who seems to lack competence and is operating on outdated medical information. However, overall, the staff is highly praised for their excellence.
- The treatment center provides tools to help individuals get clean from opioid addiction.
- The staff at the center is described as awesome.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started