Methadone Treatment Centers Near McHenry, IL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3611 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in McHenry. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near McHenry, IL
Mathers Recovery - Elgin
420 Airport Rd C, Elgin, IL 60123Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive staff, with many mentioning specific doctors by name. The treatment options, such as Vivitrol, are also well-received, as they have helped patients achieve and maintain sobriety. However, some reviewers mention the need for more staff at certain clinics and appreciate the efforts made to accommodate patients during the pandemic through telemedicine services. Overall, the center seems to have a positive impact on the lives of those struggling with addiction.
- Compassionate and caring staff: Many reviewers mentioned the caring and supportive nature of the staff at the center. They feel understood and supported, which is important for those seeking treatment for addiction.
- Effective treatment options: Several individuals mentioned experiencing success with the treatment methods provided at the center, including medications like Methadone and Vivitrol. This indicates that the center offers effective solutions for opioid addiction.
- Individualized care: Reviewers appreciated the personalized attention they received from doctors and counselors. They felt that their unique needs and concerns were addressed and that the staff took the time to listen and provide individualized treatment plans.
Mathers Recovery - Fox Lake
101 Towne Centre Ln, Fox Lake, IL 60020The reviews suggest that the Mathers Clinic is highly recommended for its compassionate staff and understanding approach to opioid addiction treatment. Patients appreciate the doctors, particularly Dr. Aleen Shah and Dr. Vemuri, for their caring and professional demeanor. The front desk staff is also praised for their helpfulness. However, there were a couple of instances where prescriptions were not sent in as promised, which caused frustration for some patients. Overall, the Mathers Clinic is viewed as a well-run and supportive treatment center.
- The staff is highly professional, knowledgeable, and caring. They go out of their way to provide support and assistance to clients.
- The doctors are excellent, compassionate, and take the time to really listen and understand the needs of the patients.
- The clinic offers a compassionate and flexible approach to opiate abuse treatment, focusing on individual needs and providing the best options available.
Northern Illinois Recovery Center
620 N State Rte 31, Crystal Lake, IL 60012The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from clients and their families. The staff members are described as caring, compassionate, and dedicated to the recovery of their clients. The center is praised for its effective programs, quality housing, and supportive environment. Clients appreciate the personalized approach to treatment and the emphasis on long-term recovery. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Highly qualified and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the compassionate and dedicated staff members who go above and beyond to support clients in their recovery journey.
- Comprehensive and individualized treatment: The center is praised for its detailed and personalized treatment plans that address the root causes of addiction and provide the necessary tools for long-term recovery.
- Clean and comfortable facilities: The housing and clinical buildings are described as clean, modern, and well-maintained, creating a safe and comfortable environment for clients to focus on their recovery.
Symetria — Vernon Hills Outpatient Rehab & Suboxone Clinic
830 West End Ct Ste 900, Vernon Hills, IL 60061Symetria is highly praised for its welcoming and supportive staff, providing a comfortable and safe environment for patients struggling with addiction. The center offers a range of recovery models and resources, and the staff is described as caring, knowledgeable, and compassionate. Patients feel that Symetria has had a significant impact on their recovery journey, changing their lives for the better.
- Welcoming and supportive staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the staff at Symetria is friendly, welcoming, and supportive. This creates a comfortable and safe environment for individuals seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- Comprehensive and personalized treatment: Symetria offers a variety of treatment models and works with individuals to find the most effective approach for their recovery. The staff is knowledgeable, compassionate, and guides patients through the recovery process step by step.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers appreciate the professionalism and expertise of the staff at Symetria. They mention that the counselors, doctors, and therapists are caring, informative, and create a comfortable and easy atmosphere for working on personal issues.
El Rincon Community Clinic
3809 W Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60651The majority of reviewers highly recommend this Methadone treatment center, praising the caring and supportive staff. They appreciate the attention given to their needs and the professionalism of the nurses and counselors. The facility is described as welcoming, and many report that it has helped them in their recovery journey.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are caring, empathetic, and go out of their way to help patients.
- The facility has a great staff, including professional nurses and counselors, who genuinely care about the patients' recovery journey.
- The clinic provides a relaxing environment for recovery and pays close attention to the daily needs of patients.
Sundance Methadone Treatment Center
4545 N Broadway Ste 3, Chicago, IL 60640The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with many praising the caring and professional staff. The clinic is described as clean, efficient, and easily accessible. Patients appreciate the support they receive from the staff and feel treated with respect and dignity. Some reviewers also mention the convenience of the location and the effectiveness of the Methadone treatment in helping them overcome addiction.
- Professional and caring staff
- Clean and hygienic facility
- Efficient and quick service with minimal wait times
1645 Hicks Rd STE A, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008The reviews of this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers specifically praise Megan, the receptionist, for her friendliness and helpfulness. The staff in general is described as caring, compassionate, and committed to helping patients recover from addiction. The clinic is also appreciated for its clean and safe environment.
- All-star team, including friendly front desk staff, nurses, and counselors.
- Compassionate and caring staff who genuinely want to help patients.
- Megan, the front desk receptionist, is highly praised for her kindness and helpfulness.
JEM Treatment Inc
2424 Washington St, Waukegan, IL 60085Overall, the reviews indicate that the Methadone treatment center is highly recommended for individuals who are serious about overcoming addiction. The staff are described as compassionate, understanding, and supportive in helping patients maintain sobriety. Following the rules and actively participating in the program are crucial for success. The cost of treatment is considered affordable compared to the expenses associated with drug abuse.
- Staff is compassionate, caring, and understanding.
- The program is effective in helping patients break the chains of addiction.
- Affordable out-of-pocket cost for those without insurance.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started