Methadone Treatment Centers Near Peru, IL
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2999 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Peru. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 6 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Peru, IL
Mathers Recovery - Elgin
420 Airport Rd C, Elgin, IL 60123Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive staff, especially Dr. Tanksley, who is described as fantastic and down to earth. The center is praised for helping individuals break the cycle of addiction and improve their quality of life. Some reviews also mention the convenience of telemedicine appointments. However, there are a few reviews that mention the need for more staff due to an influx of new patients.
- Supportive and caring staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this Methadone treatment center were supportive, caring, and went above and beyond to help their patients. Patients appreciated the extra time and attention given to them by counselors and doctors.
- Effective treatment options: Reviewers shared their success stories, stating that the treatment options offered at this center, such as Methadone or Vivitrol, had helped them overcome their addiction and maintain sobriety. They felt that the doctors were knowledgeable and provided the proper medication to break the cycle of addiction.
- Compassionate and understanding doctors: Several reviewers expressed their appreciation for the doctors, particularly Dr. Tanksley and Dr. Vermuri, who were described as down-to-earth, understanding, and caring. Patients felt comfortable opening up and sharing their struggles, and the doctors took the time to address their needs and provide solutions.
Suboxone Doctors - Brightside Clinic
408 W Main St, Ottawa, IL 61350Brightside clinic is highly praised for its professional and friendly staff who are attentive and understanding. Patients appreciate the nonjudgmental and caring environment, as well as the support and guidance provided throughout the treatment program. The clinic is recommended for those looking for a trustworthy and supportive treatment center.
- Professional and caring staff: The staff at Brightside clinic are described as professional, attentive, understanding, and caring. They are praised for their helpfulness and for treating patients with respect and personal attention.
- Supportive and nonjudgmental environment: The clinic is commended for providing a friendly and nonjudgmental environment for patients. They are appreciated for walking patients through the early process and offering support during their recovery journey.
- Effective treatment and results: Patients report positive experiences and successful outcomes from their treatment at Brightside. The clinic is described as being the best treatment center and offering great results in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction.
17100 Dixie Hwy Suite D, Hazel Crest, IL 60429The Methadone treatment center has a fast and friendly staff who are dedicated to helping patients with their recovery. Patients have had positive experiences with counselors who genuinely care and go above and beyond to assist them. The facility is clean, and the receptionists are helpful and respectful. Overall, this center has been highly recommended for anyone seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Fast and efficient service: The staff at this Methadone treatment center are known for their quick response and ability to help patients as soon as possible. They prioritize their patients' needs and work efficiently to provide relief from withdrawals.
- Caring and compassionate staff: The counselors and other staff members at this center are described as kind, non-judgmental, and supportive. Patients feel comfortable and welcome in the facility, which contributes to their recovery journey.
- Accommodating and understanding: The center is praised for its flexibility and accommodation of patients' schedules. They work with individuals to find suitable appointment times and provide compassionate and understanding care throughout the process.
El Rincon Community Clinic
3809 W Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60651Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are highly positive. Many patients express their satisfaction with the caring and helpful staff, emphasizing how much they are dedicated to the patients' recovery. The clinic is praised for its professionalism and clean environment, and several reviewers mention the effectiveness of the treatment in their journey towards overcoming addiction. There is a mention of requiring insurance for payment, but it is seen as a positive aspect by some reviewers.
- The staff at this methadone clinic is caring, empathetic, and non-judgmental.
- There is rarely ever a long wait at this clinic, except for early Saturday mornings.
- The clinic is conveniently located near buses and trains, making it easily accessible.
Sundance Methadone Treatment Center
4545 N Broadway Ste 3, Chicago, IL 60640The Methadone treatment center has received mostly positive reviews from patients. Many compliment the staff for being caring, friendly, and professional. The center is described as clean and well-maintained. Some patients appreciate the convenient location and minimal wait times. Overall, patients express gratitude for the treatment they receive and recommend the clinic to others.
- The staff is extremely polite, professional, caring, and dedicated.
- The clinic is clean, hygienic, and smells of disinfectant, indicating regular cleaning.
- The location is convenient and easily accessible from public transportation.
Care Clinics of Naperville Inc.
121 N Washington St, Naperville, IL 60540The Care Clinics of Naperville is highly recommended by reviewers who praise the staff for their caring and compassionate approach. The counselors are knowledgeable and helpful, and the cost of services is reasonable. Some reviewers mention specific staff members, such as Lois and Stan, who are described as accommodating and welcoming. There is mention of inaccurate evaluations and a focus on legal advice by one reviewer, but overall, the majority of reviews highlight the professionalism and kindness of the staff at this treatment center.
- The staff at Care Clinics of Naperville is caring, compassionate, and genuinely interested in helping clients. They provide love, compassion, and support to their clients, making them feel comfortable and respected.
- The cost of services at Care Clinics of Naperville is unmatched compared to other facilities. They understand that times can be difficult and offer affordable options for treatment.
- The counselors at Care Clinics are knowledgeable and helpful, providing thorough explanations and beneficial classes. They have convenient hours and can work around busy schedules.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started