Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near South Bend, IN
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in South Bend for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 500 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near South Bend can cater to your needs.
Top 7 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near South Bend, IN
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
1004 Parkway Ave E, Elkhart, IN 46516The addiction treatment center receives consistently positive reviews for their exceptional care, compassion, and dedication to their patients. Many reviewers express gratitude for the personal attention and support they have received, with some highlighting that the staff truly cares about their well-being. The center is also commended for helping individuals achieve long-term sobriety and providing a non-judgmental and friendly environment.
- The staff at this addiction treatment center genuinely cares about their patients and provides personal attention. They are understanding, helpful, and committed to their patients' well-being.
- The center has a supportive and compassionate environment where patients are treated with respect and dignity. The staff takes the time to listen to patients' stories and provide the necessary help.
- The center has been successful in helping individuals stay clean and achieve long-term recovery. Patients appreciate the staff's support, kindness, and commitment to their success.
Indiana Center for Recovery- Alcohol & Drug Rehab Center Mishawaka South Bend
215 W 4th St, Mishawaka, IN 46544The positive reviews for the addiction treatment center highlight the amazing staff and group facilitators who provide excellent care and support. Many reviewers mention the knowledge and tools they gained during their stay, which helped them continue their recovery journey outside the center. The food and accommodations are also praised, with several reviewers emphasizing the caring and compassionate environment created by the staff.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at the addiction treatment center was kind, caring, and supportive. They praised the staff members for being helpful, accommodating, and available to assist them throughout their recovery journey.
- Effective treatment and therapy: Several individuals mentioned that they found the treatment and therapy programs at the center to be effective in addressing their addiction and mental health issues. They mentioned learning important coping skills, gaining valuable insights, and experiencing positive changes in their mental health.
- Good accommodations and amenities: Many reviewers appreciated the comfortable accommodations and amenities provided by the center. They mentioned enjoying good food, comfortable beds, clean facilities, and access to additional resources such as gyms and movie theaters.
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
8601 Connecticut St, Merrillville, IN 46410The positive reviews of the addiction treatment center mention the friendly and welcoming staff, with specific mentions of Trisha, Chris, and the front desk ladies. Many reviewers appreciate the caring and understanding approach of the staff, as well as their professionalism and quick processes. The overall atmosphere at the center is described as peaceful and supportive, with some reviewers expressing gratitude for the life-changing impact the treatment center has had on their recovery.
- The staff is described as amazing, friendly, and caring. They make patients feel welcome, respected, and at home. They are also commended for being understanding and compassionate.
- The lab technician, Trisha, is highly praised for being skilled at drawing blood and making the process comfortable and painless. Patients appreciate her professionalism and friendly demeanor.
- The overall treatment center is described as helpful, supportive, and committed to patients' recovery. The staff is dedicated to providing excellent care and creating a positive environment for healing.
Zinnia Healing Indiana, Formerly Cardinal Recovery
3606 E Jefferson Blvd, South Bend, IN 46615The positive reviews for the addiction treatment center mention the amazing staff, the knowledgeable and helpful therapists, and the supportive and caring environment. Many reviewers felt that the program provided them with the tools they needed for their recovery and that the staff genuinely cared about their well-being.
- The staff is described as amazing, caring, supportive, and knowledgeable, providing a nurturing and compassionate environment for recovery.
- The program offers a range of therapeutic services, including group sessions and individual counseling, that help address both substance abuse and mental health issues.
- The housing and accommodations are clean and comfortable, exceeding expectations, and the program provides necessary tools and resources for long-term recovery.
Life Treatment Centers, Inc.
1402 S Michigan St, South Bend, IN 46613Positive reviews of the addiction treatment center mention that it can be effective if one is committed and puts in effort. The staff is described as helpful and it has helped individuals with their drinking and staying sober.
- The case manager, James Trotter, is rough but fair and focused on helping veterans.
- The center has a good chef named Sylvia who provides great meals.
818 E Jefferson Blvd, South Bend, IN 46617The addiction treatment center receives positive feedback for its accommodating approach and lack of legal threats for relapses. One reviewer suggests integrating online AA meetings as an additional support option. The urgency of one reviewer underscores the desperation for help to prevent the loss of family.
- Non-threatening approach to relapse: One reviewer appreciated that the addiction treatment center did not threaten them with legal consequences in case of relapse, creating a safe and supportive environment for recovery.
- Availability of online AA meetings: The reviewer mentioned that they wished the center would approve online "Into the Rooms" for AA, highlighting the importance of access to virtual support meetings for individuals who may not be able to attend physical meetings.
Alcohol & Addictions Resource Center
818 E Jefferson Blvd, South Bend, IN 46617The addiction treatment center received positive reviews for providing effective counseling and offering additional advice and resources. Reviewers expressed gratitude for the center's helpful staff and commended their work. Overall, the center was described as fantastic.
- Supportive staff: Multiple reviews mention the helpful and supportive nature of the counselors at this addiction treatment center. This indicates that the staff is attentive and provides additional advice and resources to assist individuals in their recovery journey.
- Positive atmosphere: Reviews also mention that the overall atmosphere of the center is fantastic, indicating a welcoming and positive environment for individuals seeking substance abuse rehabilitation. This positive atmosphere can contribute to a more encouraging and productive recovery experience.
- Satisfaction: The enthusiastic expressions of gratitude and appreciation from the reviews indicate a level of satisfaction with the center's services. This suggests that individuals have had positive experiences and outcomes from their time spent at this addiction treatment center.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started