Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Ankeny, IA
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Ankeny for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 212 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Ankeny can cater to your needs.
Top 13 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Ankeny, IA
1300 Woodland Ave, West Des Moines, IA 50265Positive reviews for the addiction treatment center mention caring and supportive staff who go above and beyond, helping clients turn their lives around. The counselors are praised for their professionalism and genuine care for their clients. The flexibility of hours and the overall patient care are also highlighted as positives of the center.
- Staff is caring and supportive - Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at UCS Healthcare is caring, non-judgmental, and supportive. They make clients feel understood and accepted, creating a positive and healing environment.
- Life-changing results - Several reviewers credit UCS Healthcare with helping them turn their lives around and achieve long-term sobriety. They appreciate the tools, support, and medical care provided by the center, emphasizing the positive impact it has had on their lives.
- Flexible hours - One reviewer highlights the flexibility of UCS Healthcare's operating hours, making it convenient for clients to receive treatment and medication without disrupting their daily routines.
1223 Center St #22, Des Moines, IA 50309The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews for its caring and compassionate staff, who treat patients with dignity and respect. Many patients have mentioned that the center has helped them regain control of their lives and overcome their addiction. The clinic also has a quick intake process and a friendly environment, making it a recommended choice for those seeking help.
- Compassionate and caring staff who treat patients with respect and dignity.
- Quick intake process and prompt dosing on the first day.
- Non-judgmental environment where patients feel comfortable and supported in their recovery journey.
Center For Behavioral Health - Des Moines
95 University Ave UNIT 8, Des Moines, IA 50314The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews that highlight the caring and supportive staff. Patients appreciate the availability of counselors to talk to during business hours and the overall professional yet comfortable atmosphere. The clinic provides methadone and buprenorphine programs, and has helped many individuals turn their lives around.
- Caring and supportive staff who go above and beyond to provide resources and help individuals in their recovery journey.
- Offers methadone and buprenorphine (suboxone) programs for addiction treatment.
- Helped clients turn their lives around and save lives.
1111 9th St Suite 210, Des Moines, IA 50314The positive reviews for the addiction treatment center highlight the helpful and caring staff, especially mentioning Rachel and Regina. The center is commended for providing resources and support to those in need, with some reviewers expressing gratitude for the help they received. The organization is praised for its involvement in the community and its positive impact on individuals.
- Helpful staff who provide resources and support to those in need
- Positive impact on the community through various services and programs
- Informative classes with caring and understanding instructors
YSS Family Counseling and Clinic
125 S 3rd St, Ames, IA 50010The positive reviews of this addiction treatment center highlight the kind and helpful staff, especially the front desk personnel. The center is commended for its work with children and the positive impact it has had on families, providing a safe and non-judgmental environment. Overall, reviewers express gratitude for the organization's dedication to making a positive difference in the community.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the front desk staff and counselors being kind, gentle, and supportive. They listen to concerns, answer questions, and work with schedules to provide a positive experience for patients and their families.
- Focus on kids: The center is praised for its work with children and adolescents. They offer therapy specifically tailored for kids, along with programs and facilities that aim to improve the lives of young individuals.
- Positive impact on families: Several reviewers highlight the center's ability to positively impact and change the lives of families. The organization provides parenting help, guidance, and support, creating a safe and caring environment for both children and their parents.
1400 Pennsylvania Ave, Des Moines, IA 50316The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews highlighting its effective program and the support received from the staff and fellow attendees. Reviewers mention that the center is a great place to meet sober individuals, attend AA meetings, and find a sponsor. The center also offers additional activities, such as bingo and dinners, and provides a welcoming and safe environment for anyone seeking help with their addiction.
- Effective sobriety program: According to one reviewer, the program at this addiction treatment center truly works if you are committed to working it. They have been sober for over 5 years, which they attribute to the program and God's mercy.
- Supportive community: Multiple reviewers mentioned the supportive and welcoming environment at the center. They found it to be a great place to meet sober people and get a sponsor. It is also described as a safe space where anyone with a problem can find support and guidance.
- Activities and events: The center offers a variety of activities and events, such as dances, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, bingo, and suppers on weekends. This provides an opportunity for individuals in recovery to engage in fun sober activities and build connections with others in the community.
Bernie Lorenz Recovery House
4014 Kingman Blvd, Des Moines, IA 50311The positive reviews about the addiction treatment center mention professionalism and gratitude for saving lives. Reviewers appreciate the help they received and express hope for improvements in the center's environment and staff compassion.
- Professionalism: One reviewer mentioned that the staff demonstrated professionalism at this addiction treatment center.
- Life-saving: Another reviewer expressed gratitude for the center, stating that it saved their life.
- Positive experience: Despite some negative aspects mentioned in the reviews, one reviewer referred to the center as a "great place."
Choices Therapy Services, LLC
3805 Lower Beaver Rd, Des Moines, IA 50310Reviewers have praised Choices addiction treatment center for their effective therapy sessions and the positive improvements they experienced. The simplicity and quick acceptance into the program were also appreciated by clients. One reviewer mentioned feeling comfortable and connected with their therapist, while another emphasized the personalized care and the supportive environment provided by the staff at Choices.
- Quick acceptance and simple process for becoming a client
- Therapists who genuinely care and provide personalized care
F & G Group
315 E 5th St #129, Des Moines, IA 50309Reviewers have shared that this addiction treatment center has been instrumental in their sobriety, with one person specifically mentioning being sober for over eight years and having a better life than they ever imagined. Additionally, the center seems to offer morning meetings, making it a convenient and accessible option for those seeking support.
- Offers support for long-term sobriety: One reviewer mentioned being sober for eight and a half years thanks to AA, indicating that the addiction treatment center provides effective support for long-term sobriety.
- Offers a conducive environment for meetings: Another review mentions it being a good place to catch a morning meeting, suggesting that the addiction treatment center provides a welcoming and conducive environment for support group meetings, which can be crucial for recovery.
1400 Pennsylvania Ave, Des Moines, IA 50316The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews regarding its supportive and community-oriented environment. It is praised for its ability to help individuals recover and regain what they had lost due to substance abuse.
- Strong focus on recovery and fellowship: Many reviewers mention that this addiction treatment center provides ample opportunities for individuals to recover from substance abuse and find support through fellowship. This suggests that the center prioritizes building a supportive and inclusive community for its clients.
- Effective in helping regain what was lost: Multiple reviews highlight that the addiction treatment center has assisted individuals in reclaiming what they had lost due to their addiction. This could imply that the center offers comprehensive programs and therapies that are successful in helping clients rebuild their lives and regain a sense of normalcy.
St. Gregory Recovery Intensive Outpatient Center
401 Grand Ave, West Des Moines, IA 50265Multiple positive reviews highlight the enjoyable experience at St Gregory addiction treatment center. The staff is highly praised for their expertise and helpfulness, creating a supportive environment for individuals seeking substance abuse rehabilitation.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: The reviews mention that the staff at St Gregory is super knowledgeable and helpful, which can greatly contribute to the success of the rehabilitation process.
- Positive atmosphere: The mention of it being "fun" at St Gregory indicates that the center provides a positive and engaging environment, which can be beneficial for individuals seeking substance abuse rehabilitation.
- Confidence in treatment: Although not explicitly mentioned, the positive tone of the reviews suggests that the reviewers had a positive experience at St Gregory, potentially indicating that the treatment programs are effective.
MercyOne House of Mercy Des Moines
1409 Clark St, Des Moines, IA 50314The front desk staff, particularly Lisa, are highly praised for their kindness and ability to make clients feel comfortable and respected. However, some reviewers have criticized the facility for being overly punitive and not providing enough accommodations for families and children, especially during quarantine. Overall, the treatment center is described as "awesome."
- Kind and compassionate staff: Lisa at the front desk is highly praised for her ability to make individuals feel non-judged and respected, creating a welcoming atmosphere for individuals struggling with addiction.
- Commitment to dignity and respect: The addiction treatment center strives to treat everyone with dignity and respect, recognizing that individuals seeking help may be at their lowest points in life.
- Note: The second review did not provide a clear positive point about the addiction treatment center, so only one pro was extracted from the available reviews.
Substance Abuse Treatment Unit
9 N 4th Ave, Marshalltown, IA 50158The addiction treatment center received positive reviews regarding its friendly and caring staff. Reviewers mentioned that anyone who gave the center a bad rating was likely disgruntled due to being court-ordered to attend. Overall, the center provided a great experience for patients.
- Friendly and caring staff
- Positive experience overall
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started