Methadone Treatment Centers Near Cedar Rapids, IA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1128 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Cedar Rapids. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 6 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Cedar Rapids, IA
1300 Woodland Ave, West Des Moines, IA 50265The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from clients who have had a transformative experience and found a supportive environment. The staff is described as caring, understanding, and non-judgmental, going above and beyond to ensure the success of their patients. The flexibility of the center's hours and the inclusive and affirming space are also commendable. The primary doctor, Dr. Huante, is highly recommended for his thoroughness and attentive care. Overall, clients express gratitude for the impact the center has had on their lives.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this Methadone treatment center are caring, non-judgmental, and go above and beyond to provide support to their clients. This positive and understanding attitude can be extremely helpful in the recovery process.
- Life-changing results: Multiple reviewers credit this center with helping them turn their lives around and achieve long-term sobriety. They appreciate the tools, support, and medical care they received that allowed them to successfully overcome their addiction.
- Flexible hours: One reviewer mentioned that this center offers flexible hours, which can be a significant advantage for individuals seeking treatment. This flexibility can make it easier for people to fit treatment into their schedules and receive the care they need.
1223 Center St #22, Des Moines, IA 50309This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. The staff, including the nurses and doctors, are described as compassionate, understanding, non-judgmental, and respectful. They provide quick intake processes, dosing on the first day, and create a friendly and supportive environment for patients seeking treatment for opioid addiction. Overall, patients express gratitude for the positive impact the center has had on their lives.
- Wonderful nurses and caring staff: The reviews consistently mention the kind and understanding nature of the nurses and staff at this Methadone treatment center. Patients feel supported and not judged, which creates a positive and comfortable environment for recovery.
- Compassionate doctors: The doctors at this center are described as real, caring, and understanding. They listen to patients and treat them with dignity and respect. They have true compassion for their patients and help them through their journey towards recovery.
- Quick intake process and dosing on the first day: Reviewers appreciate the efficiency of this center in getting patients started on their treatment journey. The quick intake process and immediate dosing on the first day allow individuals to begin their recovery process promptly.
Cedar Rapids Comprehensive Treatment Center
5005 Bowling St SW Suite C, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404Overall, the reviews indicate that the Methadone treatment center has compassionate and dedicated staff. They are praised for their support and understanding, with some reviewers mentioning that the center has saved their lives and made a positive impact. The recent stability in nursing staff is also appreciated. Additionally, the fact that the center now accepts insurance is seen as a positive development.
- Compassionate and supportive staff: The counselors and workers at the Methadone treatment center are highly praised for their compassion, understanding, and dedication to helping patients. They are described as being there for the patients and playing a crucial role in their recovery.
- Life-saving impact: Multiple reviews highlight how this treatment center has saved lives and made a positive difference in the lives of those struggling with addiction. The program is credited with changing lives and helping individuals to better their lives.
- Accepts insurance: The center is now accepting insurance, making it more accessible and affordable for individuals seeking help for pain or addiction. This is seen as a positive change and a convenience for potential patients.
Sedlacek Chemical Dependency Treatment Center
5975 Rockwell Dr NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402Some reviewers have expressed concern about the staff's knowledge about potential false positives in drug tests, suggesting that more education is needed. However, others have praised the staff as exceptional, understanding, and easy to work with. Overall, the majority of reviews are positive, highlighting the friendly and caring environment provided by the center.
- Exceptional staff: The center has staff members who are praised for being understanding and easy to work with, indicating a positive and supportive environment.
- Friendly and caring atmosphere: Multiple reviews mention that the center has a very friendly group of people who genuinely care about the well-being of the patients, creating a positive experience.
UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Chemical Dependency
810 1st Ave NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402The program at this Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its positive environment, supportive staff, and helpful group members. The cost is seen as justified for those who are truly committed to changing their lives and ending drug use. However, it is emphasized that personal motivation and active participation are crucial for success in the program.
- Very nice and experienced staff.
- Supportive group members.
- Positive environment for those looking to change and stop using drugs.
Still Waters Recovery and Wellness
1120 Depot Ln SE #100, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401The reviews for Still Waters Recovery and Wellness, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. Users praise Kelly, the counselor, for his compassionate and personalized approach to treatment. Many clients attribute their success in recovery to the program, emphasizing the abundance of resources and the sense of support they received. The center is also commended for its flexibility and affordability, offering online classes in the evening. Overall, reviewers highly recommend Still Waters for those seeking effective and understanding treatment for opioid addiction.
- Personalized treatment approach: The program at Still Waters Recovery is praised for its personalized approach, with Kelly adapting to each individual and getting to know them on a personal level.
- Compassionate and caring counselor: Kelly is described as compassionate, honest, and genuinely interested in helping his clients succeed in their recovery journey. He is seen as a supportive and motivational counselor who goes above and beyond for his clients.
- Flexible and convenient options: The center offers flexible online classes in the evening that are affordable and work with insurance. This is praised as a convenient option, especially for those whose licenses are on hold. The availability of virtual group counseling calls also allows for easy accessibility and accountability.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started