Methadone Treatment Centers Near Danville, KY
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2122 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Danville. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Danville, KY
106 Belinda Blvd, Danville, KY 40422Spero Health is highly praised by reviewers for their caring, supportive staff who treat clients like family. The center is commended for their professionalism, cleanliness, and dedication to the recovery process. Many individuals credit Spero Health with helping them regain control of their lives and express gratitude for the positive impact the center has had on their recovery.
- The staff at Spero Health is friendly, caring, and supportive, creating a comfortable and welcoming environment for clients.
- The center shows a genuine commitment to the well-being and recovery of their clients, providing personalized care and support throughout the treatment process.
- Spero Health is praised for its professionalism, cleanliness, and dedication to helping clients find and maintain sobriety, making it a trustworthy and reliable treatment center.
Spero Health - Suboxone and Vivitrol
1017 Dupont Rd, Louisville, KY 40207The reviews for SperoHealth, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the dedicated and caring staff, who are described as friendly, understanding, flexible, accommodating, and compassionate. Many reviewers highlight the progress they have made in their recovery and express gratitude for the opportunities and support provided by the clinic. The cleanliness of the facility and the effectiveness of the medication and counseling sessions are also mentioned as positives. Overall, SperoHealth is highly recommended as a place for individuals struggling with opioid addiction to seek help and find a supportive community.
- Dedicated and caring staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at SperoHealth genuinely care about their patients and go above and beyond to help them in their recovery journey. They are described as compassionate, understanding, and accommodating.
- Comprehensive treatment approach: SperoHealth is praised for offering a well-rounded treatment program that includes Methadone medication and counseling sessions. Reviewers highlight the effectiveness of the medication in curbing cravings and the positive impact of counseling sessions on their recovery.
- Positive and supportive environment: The treatment center is commended for providing a welcoming, non-judgmental, and supportive atmosphere. Reviewers mention feeling comfortable and at ease during their treatment at SperoHealth, allowing them to get the most out of their recovery journey.
575 W Main St, Lexington, KY 40507BrightView is highly praised by patients who appreciate the staff's compassionate and respectful approach to treatment. Patients express gratitude for the holistic support provided, including medication, therapy, job prospects, and assistance with life resources. The majority of reviews highlight the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, with some mentioning quick service and accommodating attitudes.
- The staff at BrightView is highly praised for how they treat patients with dignity, respect, and optimism.
- The clinic offers comprehensive support, including medication, therapy, and assistance with resources like job prospects and food.
- Patients appreciate the friendly and welcoming environment, as well as the efficient and quick service.
349 Bogle St, Somerset, KY 42503The Methadone treatment center in Somerset, Spero Health, is highly praised by reviewers. The employees are described as caring, compassionate, and dedicated, treating patients like family. The staff is helpful and respectful, providing resources for essential needs such as job placement, transportation, and housing. Reviewers appreciate the non-judgmental environment and the positive impact the center has on the community. Overall, the treatment at Spero Health is described as life-changing and effective in helping patients on their journey to recovery.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are caring, compassionate, and treat patients like family.
- The center provides a judgment-free environment and offers individualized treatment plans, including medication-assisted therapy and counseling.
- Patients appreciate the friendly and respectful service provided by the staff at the center.
BHG Lexington Treatment Center
455 Park Pl Ste 130, Lexington, KY 40511Overall, the reviews are mostly positive. Many reviewers praised the staff, citing people like Miss Nora, Tasha, and Dr. Lamb as caring and helpful individuals. Some reviewers expressed gratitude for the center, crediting it with giving them a chance at life, helping them become better parents and employees. A few reviewers mentioned some turnover in staff, resulting in inexperienced personnel at times. However, for those who are committed to their own recovery, the general consensus is that this place will be helpful.
- The staff genuinely cares about helping individuals achieve sobriety and offers support throughout the recovery process.
- The center provides methadone treatment, which has helped many individuals achieve a clean and sober life.
- The doctors are knowledgeable and attentive, providing personalized care to each patient.
501 Baxter Ave Suite 125, Louisville, KY 40204Kentucky Recovery is highly praised by reviewers who have found it to be an amazing and welcoming place for Methadone treatment. They appreciate the caring staff, convenient location, and shorter wait times compared to other clinics. The owners are also commended for their equal treatment of staff and dedication to patient care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at Kentucky Recovery is friendly, caring, and goes out of their way to help clients. They treat patients with respect and do not judge them.
- Convenient and efficient: The clinic is located on the bus line, making it easily accessible. Reviewers also mentioned that there are no long waits and appointments are quick, with many patients in and out in 10-15 minutes.
- Accepts insurance: Kentucky Recovery accepts insurance, including passport insurance, which is not commonly accepted by other clinics. They also work with patients who have payment issues, showing a dedication to helping their clients.
Center for Behavioral Health - Richmond
1018 Ival James Blvd Suite C, Richmond, KY 40475Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive. Many reviewers mention that the staff is extremely helpful, considerate, and have gone out of their way to assist them. However, there is also a negative review stating that the center was chaotic with long wait times and a need for improvement in handling the number of clients. However, most reviewers express gratitude for the center's help in overcoming their addiction and helping them get the necessary medical attention.
- Staff is extremely helpful, nice, and considerate, always going out of their way to assist patients.
- Dr. Malik is highly praised for his kindness and ability to help patients, even going so far as to facilitate necessary surgeries.
- The center has helped many people, indicating a successful track record in treating opioid addiction.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started