Methadone Treatment Centers Near Frankfort, KY
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1474 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Frankfort. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Frankfort, KY
251 Democrat Dr, Frankfort, KY 40601Spero Health is highly recommended by multiple reviewers for their caring and professional staff, comfortable and safe environment, and effective treatment programs. Many clients credit the center with helping them turn their lives around, maintain employment, and regain stability. Tara and Mallory are mentioned as outstanding counselors, and Dr. Welling is praised for her compassionate approach.
- Highly caring and professional staff: The staff at Spero Health are described as caring, kind, and highly educated professionals. They provide great service and are dedicated to supporting patients in their recovery journey.
- Comfortable and supportive environment: Patients commend the comfortable and safe environment at Spero Health. The staff is described as friendly, supportive, and like family. The treatment groups are organized and informative, providing a valuable asset to the recovery process.
- Life-changing impact: Many reviewers attribute their improved quality of life and regained sense of normalcy to Spero Health. Patients express gratitude for the positive impact the center and its staff have had on their lives, helping them overcome addiction and rebuild their lives.
Spero Health - Suboxone and Vivitrol
1017 Dupont Rd, Louisville, KY 40207SperoHealth, a Methadone treatment center in Louisville, stands out from other clinics by going the extra mile to support their patients in their journey to sobriety. The staff is described as friendly, caring, and accommodating, with numerous opportunities provided to help patients get their lives back on track. Many reviewers highly recommend Spero Health, stating that it has changed their lives and is dedicated to saving lives, instilling hope, and restoring relationships.
- Dedicated and caring staff: The reviews consistently mention that the staff at SperoHealth are friendly, caring, and genuinely dedicated to helping their patients. They are described as going above and beyond to provide support and create a comfortable environment for recovery.
- Flexible and accommodating: The center is praised for being understanding, flexible, and accommodating to the needs of their patients. They are willing to work around scheduling conflicts and offer opportunities for recovery, including help with jobs and government assistance.
- Effective medication and counseling: The medication (Methadone) provided at SperoHealth is described as effective in curbing cravings, and the counseling sessions are highlighted as beneficial in the recovery process. The combination of medication and counseling is praised for helping individuals succeed in their recovery journey.
575 W Main St, Lexington, KY 40507BrightView is highly praised by reviewers for their exceptional staff who treat them with dignity, respect, and optimism. The center is commended for not only providing medication and therapy but also offering assistance with various aspects of life such as resources, job prospects, and food. The staff is described as friendly, knowledgeable, and going above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable and supported. The clinic is recommended for its caring environment, efficient service, and commitment to helping individuals in their recovery journey.
- Staff treats patients with dignity, respect, and optimism.
- Comprehensive approach to treatment, including medication, therapy, and meeting resources.
1154 Lexington Rd A, Georgetown, KY 40324The Methadone treatment center in Georgetown has received positive reviews overall. The staff is described as welcoming, non-judgmental, and attentive to patients' needs. Many reviewers appreciate the respectful and supportive environment provided by the center. However, one review mentions a negative experience with a specific employee.
- Staff is welcoming, understanding, and attentive to individual needs.
- Provides tools and support for staying clean and sober.
- Offers a non-judgmental and comfortable environment.
BHG Lexington Treatment Center
455 Park Pl Ste 130, Lexington, KY 40511The Methadone treatment center is praised for helping individuals get clean and learn to live a sober life with the support of caring staff. The positive reviews highlight the importance of taking accountability and actively working towards recovery. The center is commended for providing effective treatment and creating a supportive environment.
- The center has helped many individuals achieve a clean and sober life with the help of Methadone treatment.
- The staff at the center is caring, supportive, and dedicated to helping patients on their journey to recovery.
- The center provides the option of Methadone tablets, which some individuals may prefer over liquid medication.
501 Baxter Ave Suite 125, Louisville, KY 40204Kentucky Recovery is praised by multiple reviewers for their exceptional staff, convenient hours and location, friendly atmosphere, and acceptance of insurance. Reviewers express gratitude for the caring and supportive counselors and nurses, and describe the clinic as a warm and welcoming place. Many reviewers note that their experience with Kentucky Recovery has been far better than other clinics they've been to, and they highly recommend it to anyone seeking methadone maintenance treatment.
- Friendly and welcoming staff/counselors who genuinely care about their clients' success and transformation into recovery.
- Convenient hours and location, with minimal waiting times compared to other clinics in the area.
- Accepts insurance, including passport insurance, and works with clients experiencing payment issues.
Center for Behavioral Health - Richmond
1018 Ival James Blvd Suite C, Richmond, KY 40475The Methadone treatment center has received overall positive feedback from users who have found the staff to be extremely helpful, nice, and considerate. However, there have been complaints about long wait times and overcrowding issues. Despite these concerns, many people have found the center to be beneficial and have praised the doctors for their kindness and effectiveness in treating addiction.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is extremely helpful, nice, and considerate. They go out of their way to assist patients and show genuine care.
- The center has a positive track record of helping individuals struggling with opioid addiction, with some patients reporting being helped for almost two years.
- Dr. Malik, one of the doctors at the center, is highly regarded and has helped patients with various issues, including getting them to a surgeon for necessary surgery and improving their quality of life.
New Day Recovery Center - Lexington
2647 Regency Rd #101, Lexington, KY 40503The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews regarding the friendliness and welcoming nature of the staff, particularly mentioning Blake at the front desk. The center is praised for its compassionate approach and the dedication of specific staff members, including therapists, doctors, and case workers. The facility is highly recommended for individuals struggling with addiction and seeking recovery, with emphasis on the staff's care and concern for patients' well-being.
- Friendly and welcoming front desk staff
- Compassionate and caring staff who are dedicated to helping patients recover from addiction
- Willingness to go above and beyond to support patients in their recovery journey
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started