Methadone Treatment Centers Near Shepherdsville, KY
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2523 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Shepherdsville. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Shepherdsville, KY
914 N Dixie Hwy #100, Elizabethtown, KY 42701The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the attentive and kind staff, who provide a non-judgmental and supportive environment. The clinic is seen as a place of serenity, and the staff goes above and beyond to ensure the well-being and sobriety of their patients. Some mention the high fees, but consider them well worth the price for the excellent care provided. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those struggling with opioid addiction.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are kind, attentive, and non-judgmental.
- The center provides a supportive and relaxed environment, making patients feel comfortable and at ease.
- The staff are professionals who genuinely care about the well-being and sobriety of their patients.
Spero Health - Suboxone and Vivitrol
1017 Dupont Rd, Louisville, KY 40207SperoHealth, a methadone treatment center in Louisville, is highly praised by its patients for the caring and supportive staff. Reviewers mention that the clinic goes the extra mile to help patients achieve sobriety, providing opportunities for recovery and restoring relationships. The staff is described as understanding, flexible, and accommodating, working around patients' schedules and providing various resources for support.
- Dedicated and Caring Staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at SperoHealth genuinely cares about their patients and goes above and beyond to help them in their recovery journey. The staff is described as friendly, supportive, and accommodating.
- Flexible and Understanding: The Methadone treatment center is praised for its understanding and flexibility. They are willing to work around patients' schedules, including accommodating work, school, and family commitments. This creates a supportive environment for individuals seeking help for their addiction.
- Comprehensive Treatment Approach: SperoHealth offers a comprehensive treatment approach that combines medication (Methadone) with counseling sessions. Patients appreciate the effectiveness of the medication in reducing cravings, as well as the support and guidance provided by the counseling sessions.
- Overall, SperoHealth is highly recommended by reviewers for their compassionate staff, flexibility, and comprehensive approach to addiction treatment.
3430 Newburg Rd Ste 160, Louisville, KY 40218The reviews consistently praise the staff, specifically Megan and Chris, for their compassion and dedication to helping patients. The treatment center is commended for its positive atmosphere, effective therapy sessions, and clean facilities. The program is described as life-changing and instrumental in helping individuals recover from addiction.
- The staff, especially Megan and Chris, are highly praised for their professionalism, compassion, and dedication to helping patients on their recovery journey.
- The center is described as clean, well-managed, and professionally run, providing a welcoming and supportive environment for those seeking treatment for addiction.
- JourneyPure is commended for its effective treatment programs, including intensive outpatient programs and therapy sessions, which have helped individuals turn their lives around and maintain sobriety.
9702 Stonestreet Rd Suite 120, Louisville, KY 40272BrightView is a comprehensive outpatient addiction treatment center with a caring and committed team. Patients are welcomed warmly and offered wrap-around services, including counseling. The staff is compassionate, understanding, and willing to go the extra mile to help patients in their recovery journey. Overall, the center has saved lives and is highly recommended for those seeking a recovery center for opioid addiction.
- Comprehensive outpatient addiction treatment center with wrap-around services including counseling.
- Compassionate and caring staff who go the extra mile to support patients in their recovery journey.
- Convenient hours and online portal for scheduling appointments, including walk-in appointments until 3pm.
1700 Cargo Ct, Jeffersontown, KY 40299Crossroads is highly recommended by multiple reviewers who appreciate the supportive and non-judgmental staff. The clinic has been praised for its handling of COVID-19, additional take-home doses, and assistance with insurance issues. While some reviewers mention long wait times and occasional staff changes, the majority of patients feel well cared for and understood by their counselors.
- Unbelievable and supportive staff
- Excellent COVID-19 protocols and safety measures
- Relaxed and non-judgmental atmosphere
- Accommodating and timely service
- Caring and attentive counselors
- Medication has saved lives
- Staff genuinely cares about the well-being of patients
Center for Behavioral Health - Louisville
1402A Browns Ln, Louisville, KY 40207The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are highly positive. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and helping them overcome addiction. The staff is described as friendly, respectful, and professional. Some reviewers also mention the convenience of the program, such as the option for take-home doses and short wait times. However, there are a few reviews that mention potential issues with law enforcement and the lack of insurance acceptance.
- The staff is friendly, respectful, and helpful, making patients feel welcome and treated as individuals.
- The program is effective in helping individuals end their addiction to illegal or prescription drugs, with a high success rate and positive life-changing experiences reported by patients.
- The clinic accepts insurance, including Passport, Humana Care Source, Wellcare, and Etna, providing a significant help to patients in terms of affordability.
501 Baxter Ave Suite 125, Louisville, KY 40204Kentucky Recovery is highly praised by the reviewers for its welcoming and supportive environment, and the staff/counselors are commended for their dedication to helping clients. The clinic is praised for its convenient hours, short wait times, and acceptance of insurance. The nursing staff is described as exceptional, and the owners are commended for their care and respect towards the staff and patients. Overall, the clinic is recommended as one of the best and friendliest treatment centers available.
- Convenient location and hours: The clinic is conveniently located on the bus line and has short wait times, making it easy for patients to access their treatment quickly.
- Supportive and caring staff: The staff, including counselors, nurses, and doctors, are described as friendly, kind, and genuinely invested in their clients' success and recovery. They go above and beyond to help patients, including accommodating payment issues and accepting insurance.
- Positive work environment: Employees at the clinic have expressed their satisfaction with the work environment, noting that the owners treat staff as equals and listen to their concerns and suggestions. This positive atmosphere translates into better patient care and makes employees enjoy going to work.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started