Methadone Treatment Centers Near Monroe, LA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 807 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Monroe. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Monroe, LA
New Day Recovery
1416 Natchitoches St, West Monroe, LA 71291The Methadone treatment center, New Day Recovery, has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients and their families. Many reviewers credit the center for helping them or their loved ones achieve sobriety and turn their lives around. The staff is praised for their empathy, professionalism, and dedication to helping individuals overcome addiction. Some reviewers also highlight the center's focus on spirituality and personal growth as key factors in their recovery. The only mentioned drawback is the center not accepting credit cards, but overall, the reviews highly recommend New Day Recovery for those seeking effective treatment for opioid addiction.
- New Day Recovery has a caring and supportive staff who truly care about their patients' well-being and success in recovery. They provide empathy and guidance throughout the treatment process.
- The medication-assisted treatment with Methadone at New Day Recovery has been effective in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction and lead healthier lives. The medication, coupled with the staff's support, has made a significant difference in patients' lives.
- The center offers a holistic approach to recovery, addressing not only addiction but also mental health and spiritual needs. They provide resources and support to help individuals find self-love, develop a personal relationship with God, and create a new outlook on life.
AppleGate Recovery Monroe
3001 Armand Connector Suite A, Monroe, LA 71201This Methadone treatment center has overwhelmingly positive reviews from its patients. The staff is praised for being caring, professional, and friendly, making patients feel comfortable and respected. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and recommend their services to others in need.
- The staff is incredibly caring and makes patients feel loved and supported.
- The clinic provides a comfortable and professional setting for treatment.
- The staff is friendly, welcoming, and treats patients with respect.
Center for Behavioral Health - Monroe
1910 Ruffin Dr, Monroe, LA 71202The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from multiple users, who appreciated the respectful and helpful staff. The center has been described as a great place for recovering opiate addicts, with a short waiting time. However, there are concerns about a high turnover of staff members. Overall, the center is recommended for its professionalism and caring approach to treating addiction.
- The staff at the center are described as wonderful, caring, and attentive. They listen to patients and go out of their way to help.
- Short waiting times compared to other treatment centers.
- The center is recommended by a previous patient who emphasizes the caring and non-judgmental attitude of the staff.
BAART Programs Northshore
615 Pride Dr, Hammond, LA 70401Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the clean and professional environment as well as the caring and helpful staff. The center offers various forms of treatment, including individual counseling, and appears to be effective in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction. However, there are a few issues raised by some reviewers, such as limited medication options and concerns related to positive drug screens without proper confirmation.
- Clean and professional clinic: The Methadone treatment center is praised for being clean, sophisticated, and professionally run. The staff is courteous and helpful, making the environment feel like a doctor's office.
- Helpful and caring staff: Many reviewers express gratitude for the staff, praising them for being friendly, caring, and going above and beyond to help patients. The counselors are commended for their support, offering counseling on various aspects of life and providing an outsider's perspective without judgment.
- Impactful and life-changing: Multiple reviewers mention that the treatment center has turned their lives around, helping them regain control and overcome substance abuse. The staff is described as making a positive impact and providing assistance with pain relief.
Baton Rouge Comprehensive Treatment Center
11445 Reiger Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70809Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Many reviewers express gratitude and claim that the center has helped them turn their lives around. The staff and counselors are often praised for their care and support. Some reviewers mention the improvement in the clinic's operations in recent months, while others mention the convenience of Medicaid coverage for the treatment. However, a few reviewers suggest that the clinic could be better managed.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center genuinely care about their patients and go out of their way to help them on their journey to recovery.
- The center has made improvements, including adding security and completing construction, which has resulted in a smoother and less stressful experience for patients.
- The center provides a stable and supportive environment for those seeking help with opioid addiction, giving them a second chance at life and the tools to succeed.
Rays of Sonshine
200 Breard St, Monroe, LA 71201Rays of Sonshine is a faith-based, minimum 6-month treatment facility for women with children or without. It offers support for spiritual growth, healthy practices, and a new lifestyle. Many reviewers consider it the best community organization in their area.
- Offers a minimum 6 month treatment program for women with children or without children, providing support for a wide range of individuals.
- Incorporates a faith-based program that focuses on spiritual growth and provides information on healthy eating, exercise, and lifestyle changes.
- Recognized as the best community organization in the area, indicating a positive reputation and a track record of success.
Second Chances Addiction Recovery Center
161 Comeaux Rd, Rayville, LA 71269The reviews for Second Chances, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers mention the caring and compassionate staff, the effectiveness of the treatment, and the positive impact it had on their lives. The program is described as holistic, focusing on spiritual growth and providing tools for recovery. Overall, reviewers highly recommend Second Chances for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Highly compassionate and loving staff who prioritize the needs of each client.
- Offers the opportunity for a fresh start and a new lease on life, with success stories of clients achieving long-term sobriety and personal growth.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started