Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Augusta, ME
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Augusta for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 50 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Augusta can cater to your needs.
Top 7 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Augusta, ME
Groups Recover Together
171 Capitol St #2, Augusta, ME 04330The positive reviews for this addiction treatment center in Augusta, Maine highlight the caring and helpful staff who treat patients as individuals and genuinely care about their well-being. Many reviewers mention specific staff members, such as counselors Tracy and Katie Fletcher, as being kind, compassionate, and instrumental in their recovery. The center is praised for creating a supportive and family-like atmosphere, providing practical coping skills for everyday life, and holding patients accountable while remaining non-judgmental. Overall, the positive reviews emphasize the positive impact the center has had on the lives of the reviewers and their families.
- The staff at Groups Recover Together are highly compassionate, treating patients like individuals instead of just numbers. They genuinely care about each person's recovery journey.
- The center provides practical coping skills that patients can apply in their everyday lives, making recovery more manageable. They prioritize teaching skills that are useful in navigating challenging days.
- The organization remains professional while also being friendly and supportive. They do not patronize patients or make them feel bad for missing appointments, but they still hold them accountable for their actions, which is crucial for recovery.
Adult & Teen Challenge Maine
11 Hudson Ln, Winthrop, ME 04364The addiction treatment center focuses on Christian values and spiritual growth, providing a positive and insightful environment for those with strong faith. Graduates praise the facility as a life-changing experience, emphasizing the importance of faith in overcoming addiction. Families also express gratitude for the care and love given to their loved ones, with an uncommonly generous and supportive staff.
- Strong focus on Christian values and spiritual growth, offering a positive attitude and insightful staff.
- Graduates speak highly of the program as a life-changing experience that helps build a relationship with God and overcome addiction.
- Families praise the program for its ability to bring light and hope, and for providing love and care to their loved ones.
Crisis & Counseling Centers
10 Caldwell Rd, Augusta, ME 04330The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews for its passionate and understanding staff who provide thoughtful support for individuals struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts. One counselor, named Wilder, has made a significant difference in the lives of clients. The treatment center is commended for creating a safe space where individuals can openly discuss topics that may have been difficult to address elsewhere.
- Wilder, a substance abuse counselor at the center, is highly praised for making a significant positive impact on clients' lives.
- The staff is described as passionate, thoughtful, and understanding, creating a safe and supportive environment for those struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts.
- Clients appreciate the ability to openly discuss sensitive topics in therapy sessions at this center, even things they may not feel comfortable discussing elsewhere.
47 Portland St, Portland, ME 04101The addiction treatment center has received praise for its supportive and courageous program, where individuals help each other on their path to recovery. Reviewers also mention that the center provides all the necessary information and resources needed to successfully overcome addiction. Many reviewers expressed their gratitude for the center's ability to turn despair into a happy and hopeful future.
- Supportive community: The addiction treatment center is described as a remarkable program where courageous individuals come together to help each other. This indicates a strong sense of community and support within the facility.
- Comprehensive information: Reviewers mention that the addiction treatment center provides all the necessary information needed to overcome addiction successfully. This suggests that the center offers a comprehensive program that equips individuals with the knowledge and resources they need for recovery.
- Transformation and happiness: The reviews highlight how the addiction treatment center helps individuals transform despair into a happy future. This implies that the center has a track record of successfully guiding individuals towards positive outcomes and personal growth.
MaineGeneral Behavioral Health Services
35 Medical Center Pkwy, Augusta, ME 04330The addiction treatment center has a helpful and supportive staff that prioritizes confidentiality and safety for individuals seeking help. They offer services such as testing and guidance towards resources for health, safety, food, and shelter. However, there are concerns about certain doctors in the facility making patients feel voiceless and being judgmental, so it may be advisable to seek treatment elsewhere.
- Confidential and non-judgmental environment: Several reviewers mentioned that the staff at this addiction treatment center is very helpful and provides a safe and confidential environment. They reassure potential clients that their information will remain private and that there will be no judgment.
- Resourceful and informative: The center seems to have a wealth of information about local resources and can guide individuals in various aspects beyond addiction treatment, such as health, safety, food, and shelter. This suggests that they offer comprehensive support beyond substance abuse rehabilitation.
- Note: It is important to consider that the second review mentions negative experiences with certain doctors in the center. However, since it is only one review, it cannot be considered a general consensus.
Mid Coast Hospital Addiction Resource Center
20 Bristol Rd, Damariscotta, ME 04543The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews, with many people describing their experience as "good." Users were satisfied with the overall quality of the rehabilitation program and the support they received during their time at the center. They appreciated the staff's expertise and the personalized approach to treatment.
- Effective treatment: Several reviewers mentioned that they had a positive experience at the addiction treatment center and felt that their substance abuse issues were effectively addressed. This indicates that the center offers effective treatment programs and interventions.
- Supportive staff: Many reviewers praised the staff members for their compassion, empathy, and ability to provide support throughout their recovery journey. This suggests that the center has a caring and supportive team that helps clients feel understood and motivated during their rehabilitation process.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started