Methadone Treatment Centers Near Clinton, MD
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1624 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Clinton. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Clinton, MD
Outreach Suboxone and MAT Addiction Clinics- Waldorf
11340 Pembrooke Square suite 214, Waldorf, MD 20603The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are extremely positive. Multiple reviewers specifically mention the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff, particularly mentioning individuals named Amber, Tracey, and Dr. Stella Ogoko. Reviewers also express gratitude for the support and care received at the center, with some mentioning that it has been life-changing for them. However, one review presents a negative perspective, claiming that the center is only interested in making money.
- The therapists and nurses at the Methadone treatment center are highly praised for their caring and supportive approach. They make patients feel comfortable and are accommodating in meeting their needs.
- Amber and Tracy, specifically mentioned by multiple reviewers, are described as amazing, friendly, and helpful. They go above and beyond to assist clients and advocate for them when needed.
- The staff, including doctors, are commended for their professionalism and genuine concern for patients' well-being. They are seen as instrumental in helping individuals overcome addiction and improve their lives.
Starting Point Clinic - Methadone Clinic & Suboxone Clinic
4109 Ritchie Hwy, Brooklyn Park, MD 21225Starting Point Methadone treatment center is praised for its well-run operations and the absence of narcotics sold on its premises. The staff, specifically counselor Dennis, is mentioned as exceptional and helpful. The nurses are acknowledged for their hard work in providing medication daily. While some reviewers appreciate the center's efforts in helping individuals quit opiates and maintain sobriety, others find the clinic satisfactory or non-descript but still necessary for the community. Overall, the program is described as great and recommended for those committed to getting clean.
- Well-run clinic with no narcotics being sold near the building.
- Amazing counselors who provide honest feedback and support in recovery.
- Nurses are personable and work hard to provide medication every day.
- Provides much-needed services for the local population.
- Good at helping individuals quit using opioids.
- Recommended for new people looking to get clean.
- Overall, a great and effective program.
Another Way - Methadone Clinic & Suboxone Clinic
1363 Holton Ln, Takoma Park, MD 20912The first review speaks highly of the clinic, stating that it was much better than their previous one. The second review expresses a strong liking for the program, mentioning professional and nice staff, and credits the clinic with helping them get clean. The third review emphasizes that the clinic helped save their life and advises that it is not for those who are not serious about their treatment. Overall, reviewers mention that the clinic is beneficial for recovery, has friendly and professional staff, and has positively impacted their lives.
- The clinic is described as "literal heaven" compared to other clinics, suggesting a positive and comfortable environment.
- The staff is praised for being professional, nice, and helpful, with specific shout-outs to Debbie and another staff member.
- The clinic is credited with saving the lives of multiple patients and being instrumental in helping them get clean.
Open ARMMS Inc - Methadone Clinic & Suboxone Clinic
2590 Business Park Dr, Waldorf, MD 20601The reviews for Open Armms Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Multiple reviewers credit the clinic for saving their lives and providing a supportive environment for recovery. The staff, including counselors and nursing staff, are praised for their dedication and compassion. There is also mention of the Women's Group and the sense of belonging it provides. Overall, the clinic is highly recommended for its effectiveness in helping individuals overcome addiction.
- Highly skilled and caring staff, including a supportive Clinical Manager, kind receptionist, and hardworking nursing staff
- Supportive group therapy sessions, providing a sense of belonging and the opportunity to form new friendships
- Effective program that helps individuals develop tools for personal growth and career advancement, with a counselor who invests in their clients' lives
Ejal Health Services
7229 Ritchie Hwy, Glen Burnie, MD 21061The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with patients praising the staff's professionalism and the effectiveness of the Methadone treatment in managing their opioid addiction. Some reviewers also appreciate the additional support services offered, such as therapy and counseling. However, a few negative reviews mention long wait times and difficulty getting appointments, which may indicate a need for improved scheduling and communication systems.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is incredibly knowledgeable and supportive. They take the time to listen and understand the individual needs of each patient, providing personalized treatment plans."
- The facility is clean, well-maintained, and welcoming. It feels like a safe and comfortable environment to receive Methadone treatment."
MedMark Treatment Centers Cherry Hill
1801 Cherry Hill Rd, Baltimore, MD 21230Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center in Cherry Hill are generally positive. Many reviewers mention the caring and helpful staff, particularly Ms. Hope, who is described as kind, non-judgmental, and goes above and beyond her job. The new building and improvements are also appreciated by reviewers. However, some negative comments are made about the front desk staff, and a few reviewers mention issues with privileges given to certain individuals.
- The staff, including counselors and nurses, are friendly, caring, and non-judgmental. They make patients feel like people, not addicts.
- Ms. Hope, a staff member at the center, is highly regarded and considered an asset to the program. She is helpful, kind, and goes above and beyond to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for patients.
- The new building and facility has brought about positive changes and improvements, making the treatment center a better place to receive help.
We Care Arundel Health Services
13 Aquahart Rd A, Glen Burnie, MD 21061The majority of the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive, with users praising the caring and understanding nurses and staff. Some reviewers mentioned that the counselors could be improved, with only a few being considered good. The center is commended for working with patients on scheduling and for being better than other clinics. Overall, the center is described as the best, helpful, and even life-saving.
- The nurses at We Care Methadone treatment center are caring, sweet, and go above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable and supported.
- The staff, including the head nurse Diane, are kind, compassionate, and truly care about the well-being of patients. They provide personalized treatment and work with each individual's schedule.
- We Care Methadone treatment center has been successful in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction and has saved lives.
We Care Health Services Inc
8730 Cherry Ln, Laurel, MD 20707The reviews generally indicate high levels of satisfaction with the Methadone treatment center. The staff, particularly Mrs. Mary, is praised for their professionalism, friendliness, and compassionate approach. The clinic is described as clean, well-run, and a place where individuals feel welcome and cared for. Overall, the reviews suggest that this clinic is a highly recommended option for those seeking Methadone treatment for opioid addiction.
- The staff is professional, friendly, and compassionate
- The office manager, Mrs. Mary, is highly praised for her professionalism and positive attitude
- The clinic is well-run and prompt in providing assistance
601 7th St #304, Laurel, MD 20707The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The staff and owner are praised for being kind, professional, and genuinely caring. They are described as knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful, going above and beyond to ensure that patients have uninterrupted access to their medication. The center is also commended for its fast and simple process, clean and welcoming environment, and the personalized care provided by the staff and doctors. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking MAT for substance abuse.
- The staff and owner are kind, professional, and genuinely care about their patients.
- The crew is knowledgeable, friendly, and provides excellent service.
- The clinic offers fast and simple processes, making patients feel comfortable and at ease.
440 Solomons Island Rd N, Prince Frederick, MD 20678The Methadone treatment center is highly praised for saving lives and having a professional and awesome staff, particularly mentioning Eric and counselor Jenn. Despite some previous issues with certain staff members, the center has become stronger and more effective with the current counselors. The reviewer expresses gratitude for the help received and credits the center for helping them regain their life.
- Highly professional and dedicated staff: The center is praised for its awesome and extremely professional staff, with specific mention of a great counselor named Jenn. This indicates that patients can expect to receive high-quality care and support from the team.
- Life-changing results: Multiple reviewers express gratitude for the help they have received at the center, claiming that it saved their lives and helped them regain control. This demonstrates that the treatments and resources provided by the center can be highly effective in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started